Vietnam Troopers Ban Request

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Flaxseed

The Nepotism Nightmare
Jan 25, 2015
Players Name: Richard 'Colonel' Moore / Eugene 'Lieutenant' Daiks / Hector 'Sarge' Bates

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:91518919 - Daik STEAM_0:1:61873864 - Richard ... Couldn't find hectors.

Reason for ban: They didn't have auths for previous war vet shit, then they came up to me in the middle of the street in Terminal and asked if I could sell them weapons. When I said no, one of them came after me with a shovel, again, in the middle of the streets, and they all chased me. I proceeded to role-play using my firearm on them after they chased me and were threatening me.

Proof: http://i.gyazo.com/9591051370dfb43b86df58fd436f19b6.png
http://i.gyazo.com/499bdfb1c37a340ed4ac797541476fdf.png
http://i.gyazo.com/b73b80ceebdc1e4d90d142e01a84cfde.png

What would you like to see improved:

Honestly, I'd like to see a lot. After a few minutes after telling them to stop, one of them, Eugene, said he will get serious and stop the vietnam shit. I'd like them to realize that Terminal is still part of the city, and icly there would be units patrolling. Meaning, they cannot just chase people around with shovels in the middle of the streets and ask random people for weaponry. It was just a complete-minge fest, all of them made my role-play experience vile.

On the other hand, I asked them multiple times if they had auths for the names and they never responded, so I assumed they did not, even telling them they needed auths. They were all ooc when I joined, talking about donating for Vietnam helmets and such for their custom models they were hoping to purchase.

Maybe don't ban them, but I just want a strict warning given to them. That's all.

The whole gang of them are being absolutley retarded at the moment, just running around spouting retardation in IC and OOC.
Hector 'Sarge' Bates: [YELL] Its like Mekong!

I can't get console logs of them being retarded other than that because of the flooding of errors but a few people can say that they were. It's made RP impossible.

From what I'm getting from this, these guys were attempting to seriously rp, for shits and giggles. I saw these guys and even RP'd with them, and it wasn't completely shit. First of all ;

I understand that you need auths for a char with military background, which I assume is for combat performance, but I don't think that quite matters here as these men were just having fun. Secondly, from what I got these men seem to be RP'ing in their seventies, judging back to the date of the Vietnam war. If anything, their combat performance would be hindered. I personally RP'd as one of these guys yesterday with a bunch of units, and I was captured, and we were all having a good time. I know the Char that goes by the name Eugene can be a bit mingy at times, but I assure you it was all in good heart. As for the others following him, they were just rping to bring a smile to those around them. I understand where you're coming from, and how this can be frustrating but in reality they were just trying to have a good time. I know these guys OOC and I know probably better than anyone that they're capable of serious roleplay.

I also think that they should be receiving warnings, just because they were being idiots. Those two following Eugene were purely just trying to have fun. Eugene is I guess what you could call a "ring leader" or whatever. Point is, I'll talk to them as well and tell him to get their act together and drop the vietnam shit or delete the character overall.

I like how you turn fun into our characters lives at steak because of a harmless joke. It's ok to talk your problems out. I've done nothing wrong, you killed me without providing textual RP, and I proceeded to roast you in the chat with several others. I also never knew donators could give out Temporary Kills to anyone they despise. I thought you needed admin authorization for that. Guess I was wrong.

To add to this, I responded and told her we did not have auths and explained about us going to donate for a hat that says Vietnam Veteran on it. She told us we would need auths to use the donor hat, and so forth. Other than that little bit, the story is true. I agree to stop the Vietnam stuff, and to return to my serious characters once and for all.

Laughing at the saltyness tbh. I'm fine with a warning, salty like a salt mine though, gurl. These chars are made to bring a smile on your face, not make salty people. Now deal with the troll character I made, lads. Auths are not seeked for a "Funny character". I made this character to let my er, more shit posting part out. Not all RP needs to be serious, gurl. That's why its called a "Semi-serious RP." server.

I was There as Rand. The RP wasn't that bad. Maren Did the killing of them with good RP, and from what I gather, the Veteran RP wasn't bad, from the little I saw.

Chotch said:
I like how you turn fun into our characters lives at steak because of a harmless joke. It's ok to talk your problems out. I've done nothing wrong, you killed me without providing textual RP, and I proceeded to roast you in the chat with several others. I also never knew donators could give out Temporary Kills to anyone they despise. I thought you needed admin authorization for that. Guess I was wrong.
Daiks3882 said:
To add to this, I responded and told her we did not have auths and explained about us going to donate for a hat that says Vietnam Veteran on it. She told us we would need auths to use the donor hat, and so forth. Other than that little bit, the story is true. I agree to stop the Vietnam stuff, and to return to my serious characters once and for all.
The_filthiest_communist said:
Laughing at the saltyness tbh. I'm fine with a warning, salty like a salt mine though, gurl. These chars are made to bring a smile on your face, not make salty people. Now deal with the troll character I made, lads. Auths are not seeked for a "Funny character". I made this character to let my er, more shit posting part out. Not all RP needs to be serious, gurl. That's why its called a "Semi-serious RP." server.

Clearly whatever "fun" you were having wasn't very fun for the rest of the people on the server and because of it everyone wants your heads on a pole for being so dumb. I love the Vietnam War culture personally and am ashamed to have to have my own actual serious characters (I play an old vet guy sometimes) and even people in real life I know be stereotyped because of hurr-durr lookatme dipshittery like this (not usually Vietnam-themed but hey! it's better than the usual racist black stereotype I'm banning most of the time)...

I'm not going to ban you guys though.. but don't act so above-all everyone else even after a ban request was specifically made for you because of your antics and understand that maybe what you're doing is why people are acting towards you a certain way and knock off whatever stupid shit you're up to at that moment... like calling everyone that walks by a commie and waving your bullshit character gimmick around you shouldn't be playing as in the first place.. so people don't have to deal with this type of shit in the first place.

The Urban Wolf said:
I was There as Rand. The RP wasn't that bad. Maren Did the killing of them with good RP, and from what I gather, the Veteran RP wasn't bad, from the little I saw.
From the screenshots provided in the OP I can tell you that's awful veteran RP.

Clearly whatever "fun" you were having wasn't very fun for the rest of the people on the server and because of it everyone wants your heads on a pole for being so dumb.

I'd like to hear you say this when other admins do rp similar to this that people hate and it ruins roleplay.

Like the CS:S terrorist shit.

I am thankful for not being banned, and I appreciate your commentary Zippo Raid. I know some people who have been in Vietnam in real life, and am a huge fan of Vietnam myself as well. The RP started out serious but slowly turned into what you saw in the screenshots after we got together in the steam message system and talked about what would be 'funny' to do. I apologize for my actions, and for the others' actions that have offended you and that have disrupted RP. I will not be doing the crazy outlandish Vietnam dickery anymore.

I am currently sitting at my computer listening to Crimson and Clover with a big chew in while playing as my unit in T6. Incase anyone wanted to RP with me, since this page is getting a lot of attention.

kiruclanz said:
I'd like to hear you say this when other admins do rp similar to this that people hate and it ruins roleplay.

Like the CS:S terrorist shit.
That shit is retarded and I've never endorsed it but if you really can't jump into the scenario they're trying to make on the spot (which is what's happening and is usually set up for you to have a cool opportunity for your character you couldn't make happen fluently like that otherwise) and instead cry admin abuse the whole time the point of those types of things is long lost for you anyway and you shouldn't really worry about it because anyone cool enough to do them probably knows to stay away from you when they do them (which is very rare, if ever anymore).

The_filthiest_communist said:
I still say Flaxy shouldn't be so salty. :'(

Being a dickhead and continuing to jab at him in public isn't the way to desalinate him, especially after an admin just nearly banned all 3 of you. Knock it off.

I'm going to lock this before it devolves into a shitshow. If you guys do anything dumb like this again I won't think twice to ban any of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread