Valuble Community Member

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyCorndog

Expert Sphincter Control
May 23, 2011
Valuable* (6 am, good excuse, amirite?)

Players Name: King Butt (aka Target)
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jellorocks/
Reason for ban: Harassment, Trolling, and Flaming
Proof:
kingbutt.png

What would you like to see improved: Blocking him didn't solve anything, as he joined the server for the sole purpose of bypassing it to continue his trolling. It's one thing to have a valid complaint about the medical division but messaging me in steam to tell me about how I'm the sole reason for it's 'failure' is pretty silly, and I really don't want to hear it. For context, this is not the first time it happened, but I do not have access to the steam logs (blocked him, didn't plan on saving them). Nearly every conversation he has with me is of this nature, and it always has been, since my first days here many years ago. Thankfully he's been gone for the past year or so, but it seems he's back once again to stir some shit and stroke his ego.

Attachments

• kingbutt.jpg
    kingbutt.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 22
An admin should just mute him if that command is still there, he shouldn't be banned because who knows if he still wants to play seriously; just remove any privileges for him to fuck around in OOC chat.

Just what Sinbues said mute him GOOC if that's still possible
But if he was to be banned I'd understand the reasoning. There has to be a limit on things you can say in GOOC and get punished for and this one crosses the line to some degree

That would probably be the safest option, though the problem could carry over to LOOC if he were persistent (and he usually is).

Also, I don't think mutes stick after someone leaves the server, though I could be wrong.

This is not a major TnB matter sneaky. Take the logs and send them to steam. They are the ones to deal with out of server issues, not us.

How can the TRP admins really handle out of community harassment? Sure you can ban him from the server as stated here, BUT he can always continue to find a way to harass him, thus is why it is a steam problem more so then a TRP one.

They can handle it because it was taken on server. A server in which they moderate.

One would hope that if a member of the community is being harassed or trolled by another, it is the communities responsibility to deal with it.

Flaming and harassing is against the rules regardless of how certain people feel about it. It says right here:

Terminator Roleplay​
General Server Rules
Common sense is to be used. This list of rules would become unnecessarily bloated if we were to list every possible situation.
  • Any action with the sole purpose of disrupting roleplay is obviously intolerable and those guilty of doing so will be punished severely. This our 'catch all' rule which covers any conceivable situation of 'minging' or 'trolling'.
  • Flaming or harassment of other players is unacceptable and will be punished severely.
  • As we have many young members, any roleplay which is of a sexual or potentially disturbing nature should not be done publicly. This includes 'cybersex'. If you absolutely must do roleplay of this nature, utilize the /pm command, or SF rather then public chat.
  • Metagaming(The use of OOC information IC) is not permitted.
  • Powergaming(Controlling the actions of other players' characters) is not permitted.
  • Shoot to Kill (S2K) should never be used in human vs human situations unless an administrator says so beforehand. This is primarily a server about a war against the machines.

It's possible that no admins were on at the time. And IJorean, I appreciate your input but I have to respectfully ask you to let us handle it. We are the TRP admins, I think that I can at least handle an old friend talking like a dickface to people.

Either way, I apologize that he did this. It's an absolute embarrassment on his part and he should be ashamed of himself for what he said, especially on SF.

Harassment is against the rules, indeed. However, I can only discipline for actions taken on-server in this case, but as it ended up happening on server, it is now within my playing field. For now, he'll be permanently muted in GOOC, until he learns some tact. If the harassment continues we'll consider further action.

Am I late to the party again?

He's been gone for some months, last time I saw him I had to ban him for a few hours to remove him being a cretin in GOOC and LOOC. At that point Target went on to post a ban appeal for a... 5 hour ban I believe it was, I'll edit on a link to the thread. He role plays mostly seriously, but that's not an excuse to flame, harass, and be a general, as stated, dickface out-of-character.

It's trolling by the way, he doesn't take anything he even says seriously.

Mongoose said:
It's possible that no admins were on at the time. And IJorean, I appreciate your input but I have to respectfully ask you to let us handle it. We are the TRP admins, I think that I can at least handle an old friend talking like a dickface to people.

I wasnt trying to be Mr. Fourm Police 2013 wanabe adminz. I was actually refering to the whole thing that happened a while back with SF harassments, that might I add resulted in the banning of a community member. Where the TnB admins handling it overstepped the bounds they had, and created a kind of "we can ban you for offserver things" kind of feel to them.

IjoreanGrey said:
I wasnt trying to be Mr. Fourm Police 2013 wanabe adminz. I was actually refering to the whole thing that happened a while back with SF harassments, that might I add resulted in the banning of a community member. Where the TnB admins handling it overstepped the bounds they had, and created a kind of "we can ban you for offserver things" kind of feel to them.

This isn't a similar situation.

i'll talk to target. hes a good friend (though obvius i'm not exactly happy that he's trolling my lover (<3 u bb)) and im sure he'll knock it off if asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread