trp lag

shinzokk

Your newest internet obsession
TRP Admin
Sep 18, 2015
Likely it's either a PC issue or your internet is shitting itself when issuing commands like that cause you have a bad server connection
well it's fine on every other server i've been on, fine on peer to peer with 4 people and i hopped onto someone else's wifi (hehe) to test if it was my own connection

nope

i'm absolutely clueless

shinzokk

TRP Admin
Sep 18, 2015
from the split second in the video where you go from inside the metro to outside the map there was also an error; it might (big might) be something with textures.
it was a prop that i could see before i reinstalled, reinstalled because of the issue

is not because of that

doublepost still clueless

sneezing slug

miko oshikawa LIVE!
TRP Admin
Nov 30, 2015
look for a dragon lair maybe some put all of the custom items in there
I just remembered breaking into Johnston Johnston 's ZRP v1 pointshop at 2am by propminging myself through the walls, taking a defibrillator item for my doctor character and leaving a prop with the description "IOU one defib -mox". The next morning the item was gone from my inventory but when I got on the character he instantly slayed me and gave me a custom defib that said something like "demolecularizes upon use by a mox character"

The next night I broke in he left an amulet of kings on the table as if he was expecting me...

IK this is so out of left field but I totally forgot about this entire thing until you brought up custom item lairs LOL

Last edited:

TheGr8Spade

Dec 31, 2018
I will say that i've played on a Fallout RP server with over 100 more addons than us and even more active players with large fights and it hardly lagged or had shitter frames compared to TRP on average. Especially the maps. I can get on another map thats more detailed with props and larger than Futurewar, and STILL have better frames on there.. Is it the props? Sure, but it's obviously something more than that.

tl;dr optimization sucks

Mongoose

Has absolutely no life
TRP Admin
Jun 6, 2011
I'm wondering if Gmod's November Update has increased the game's resource usage somehow.

I have an older laptop and was doing fairly well on all TRP maps for several years until a month or so ago, then I had the exact same issue that Skyrim had (first noticed on Salvation, but apparently fixed after a soft server restart).

I also have a very hard time connecting when the server is on a poorly optimized, large filesize map- e.g. the Stalker maps, Boreas, Vyten, even had this issue with GM_Marsh. I always timed out on these maps without fail the past month, missing most/all events in the process. On top of that, Gmod periodically CTD's at random times, but especially when attempting to connect to said maps. When I do connect, I usually have the empty inventory glitch and several lua errors.

I'm convinced either my computer is now getting too old to play GMod effectively, or Gmod has somehow updated something that is causing certain people issues arbitrarily.

Davebrown

my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
Senior Executive Administrator
May 16, 2011
To be fair I did notice Gmod getting a bit more unstable about 3 weeks ago. Some random crashes, and also at points suddenly it would start a slow-stutter-decline until full crash.

Im guessing that yes, something has changed.

Desrat456

Sep 22, 2012
Funny enough for me, in game I'm just fine but all my server lists are fucked after the update. Most of them don't appear as anything but "not responding" about 99/100 times.

sneezing slug

miko oshikawa LIVE!
TRP Admin
Nov 30, 2015
I've occasionally had Shinzo's issue but only in brief periods, and I don't know if I've done something to resolve it or it went away naturally.

/shrug

shinzokk

TRP Admin
Sep 18, 2015
its a lot better on this new map but im assuming that's because there's a lot less things to render. regardless i still get the lag

no other issues with my internet or any other games. have reinstalled twice now (deleted the whole gmod folder, yes), made sure i am only subbed to things mounted on trp

tbh i have no fucking clue anymore but it's at least bearable when not on futurewar i guess. the only REAL discoveries i've made is that there's no lag when there's nobody on the server, since i'm up until six est. so its hard as fuck to do anything except walk slow and s2k, even coordinating events is difficult as was shown last night during the mudpit s2k where i was noclipping around trying to place dupes for cover and i was freezing every 20 seconds
e.g. the Stalker maps, Boreas, Vyten, even had this issue with GM_Marsh.
if anyone remembers that lag you got on vyten when you first spawned in cus of the mass of permaprops rendering in, imagine that except every time you walk into a new area of the map - every time you enter that area of the map, even if theres not a single permaprop there!

fk this game is stupid can we migrate to minecraft yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)