Trolling New Players

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toastmatic

paranoid and delusional
Oct 26, 2014
Players Name: The IC names are Ishimura Hoitsu, Akiri Lee, SERVITOR.51623, and Kai Lu

Steam ID: I don't know. Look it up.

Reason for ban: They have been harassing new players by knocking them out, knifing them, and surrounding them so they can't move. I met a new player today with a lot of potential who they were relentlessly trolling, Howard Tennenbaum. He says they've been doing it to him for a few days now.

In about 15 minutes of instruction, the guy was RPing better than most of the community.

Proof: I don't have much proof, but here's them together in teamspeak while they were messing with him:
d041b3398a.png

What would you like to see improved: This is unacceptable behavior. They should be banned for a few days/a week or so, or given other sorts of disciplinary action. The vortigaunt should be removed from the faction.

I heard Tennenbaum yelling and saying help but I brushed it off as minging in the Nexus? On the other hand the Vort was being really aggressive and saying "leave the community" and so on in OOC which is rather rude. Not cool.

As someone in the chat Akari (Heidi) was trying to keep a leash on them, the rest were behaving like general idiots to new players from their OOC conversation.

Heidi was attempting to at least keep them roleplaying when the people they were interacting with roleplaying.

(I am The Watchman and was not even on the server during this.)

EDIT: This is UU.C17-SERVITOR.51623, and I was there to witness the entire thing from back to front, even in the Teamspeak. While things got silly, the fact that these people are being singled out is bullshit. The following logs will reveal not only did this man break roleplay convention, but he metagames the knowledge of a PK ICly, and overreacts when when they react by getting up and following him around. He draws not only the OOC ire of these people, but also the ire of a majority of the server.

EDIT: On top of this, you claim that the Red Dragon staff and myself have been doing this to him for days. Tonight is the first time I have seen this player and I highly doubt that Akari of all people has any interest in actually trolling a player. Can't speak for the other two, only recently met them in their TS3 channel.

Tennenbaum runs up to the Red Dragon people and says

Howard Tenenbaum: YOU

Howard Tenenbaum: YOU GOT ME A PK

Howard Tenenbaum: I HATE U

After which the three Red Dragon employees in question started to just follow him around

Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] HELP

Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] CP

Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] PK
Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] YOU GOT ME PK

Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] theyre chasing me!!!1
** CCA.C17-RcT.33745 gazes over toward 559 briefly. He then turns his head at the sudden sound.

Akari Lee: This man just attacked all of us!

Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] wtf

CCA.C17-RcT.33745: Hold up, hold up.
Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] no

CCA.C17-RcT.33745: [YELL] All of you, quiet.
Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] they attacked me
CCA.C17-RcT.33745: [YELL] Against the wall, now.
Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] look at these punch stains on my face!!

Akari Lee: He punched me.

Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] you did first
CCA.C17-JURY.03.55951: [YELL] You heard him, dipshit. Get on the fucking wall.
Howard Tenenbaum: [YELL] OW

He then flees Civil Protection with ZERO ROLEPLAY, who rush, baton, tie up, and OOCly have no idea how to deal with this guy because they're laughing too hard at him and can't take him seriously, and decide to hand him over to the Red Dragon employees, who have their fun.

EDIT:
Howard Tenenbaum: [OOC] gg this is getting reported with screenshots

CCA.C17-JURY.03.55951: [OOC] if i wasnt b& from the forums i'd post in the thread about how good your rp is

Howard Tenenbaum: [OOC] lmao this is how you treat new players. no wonder i see people complaining about this server dieing
Ishimura Hoitsu: [OOC] Learn how to correctly use IC and Roleplay correctly

CCA.C17-UNION.03.56252: [OOC] lmao
Howard Tenenbaum: [OOC] no u

CCA.C17-RcT.33745: [OOC] Howard, the response is a result of your actions. Actively try to improve, people will treat you kindly.

Howard Tenenbaum: [OOC] well mabye you should try and help me instead of shitting on me

CCA.C17-JURY.03.55951: [OOC] tbh howard, yeah they should probably not shit all over you and minge on you, but you really haven't helped your case tbh

CCA.C17-UNION.03.56252: [OOC] maybe you should stop bitching

Howard Tenenbaum: [OOC] a few nights ago i got KO'd five times and tied up in a chair just for standing there

Howard Tenenbaum: [OOC] *tells me to stop minging* *constantly minge KO's and kills me*

A.K Gacius: [OOC] The guy does point out a certain hypocrisy.

CCA.C17-UNION.03.56252: [OOC] believe the word I used was "bitching"
Howard Tenenbaum: [OOC] believe the word i used was "minging"

CCA.C17-RcT.33745: [OOC] It a general response to KO people actively refusing to accept roleplay conventions. When admins are not present, it is infuriating and understandable that people are frusturated.

CCA.C17-JURY.03.55951: [OOC] howard. i agree that everyone's response hasn't been proper, but you are really, really, really not helping your case

CCA.C17-JURY.03.55951: [OOC] howard i suggest you read some roleplay guides on the forums

CCA.C17-JURY.03.40052: [OOC] fuckin howard'

This is Darwinism.

On top of this, I in no way participated in this alleged knocking out or knifing you seem to be accusing me of. While I did scold him for his horrendous roleplay conventions I was not an active part in this, though I was present in the channel to see it. If you have any real evidence that I actually did any of this, which I didn't, please present it.

And this is his roleplay after I spent 15 minutes with him:

CCA.C17-VICE.03.00223: Citizen.
[RADIO] CCA.C17-JURY.03.55951: Range cold. Range hot.
Howard Tenenbaum: Uh hello.
[RADIO] CCA.C17-JURY.03.55951: 559, 10-7.
** CCA.C17-VICE.03.00223 waggles her baton to gesture for Howard to step closer. "Name and Civil Identification Number?"
James Locke: [LOCAL-OOC] Two IRPs great
Player Amianne: The Guild Master left the game (Disconnect by user.)
Player Brotherman Bill left the game (Disconnect by user.)
** Howard Tenenbaum hesitates for a few seconds, probably thinking.
Howard Tenenbaum: Howard Tenenbaum... #177955.
** CCA.C17-VICE.03.00223 steps back a hair and pages her radio. "Dispatch, requesting -" She glances over at Locke, holding up a finger as if to ask him to wait. "Requesting records on Citizen 17795?"
** CCA.C17-VICE.03.00223 nods, then lowers her hand from her helmet. "Seems like you're a new transfer in this city, aren't you?"
Howard Tenenbaum: Well, sort of. I'm trying to make a new living.

** CCA.C17-VICE.03.00223 nods. "Come with me." She turns to James. "And you? You're new here too, aren't you? You've got that look about you. Have you been assigned civil housing?"
** Howard Tenenbaum taps his foot on the ground as he waits, he begins to whistle in a goofy fashion.

Okay. So first of all, Howard hit Akari, which we responded by defending her, because he punched her without any rp. Second of all, he impeded roleplay by running up to us and IN CHARACTER, saying "YOU GOT ME PK I HATE U" And he proceeded to metagame. he would not know anything about past life, or about that PK. Because of the fact he hit her, We responded in self-defense. Anyone who saw the WHOLE EVENT, would see that Howard was indeed breaking multiple rules, such as impeding roleplay, metagaming, IC/OOC mixup, and failure to comply with Combine (running away from a unit without RPing it). Therefore, Howard was in the wrong, and anyone who saw the whole event knows that.

Well since my name is bring brought into this just like to note I have not been on the server in any serious manner since last year (Around the time HL2RP was launched). I got on a few nights ago to see how the server was coming along and that was about it.

Also Heidi was telling them to RP and not be trolls about stuff in the Teamspeak. So that is all I can say on this matter.

DTBWolfie said:
Okay. So first of all, you hit Akari, which we responded by defending her, because you punched her without any rp. Second of all, you impeded roleplay by running up to us and IN CHARACTER, saying "YOU GOT ME PK I HATE U" And you proceeded to metagame. You would not know anything about past life, or about that PK. Because of the fact you hit her, We responded in self-defense. Anyone who saw the WHOLE EVENT, would see that Howard was indeed breaking multiple rules, such as impeding roleplay, metagaming, IC/OOC mixup, and failure to comply with Combine (running away from a unit without RPing it). Therefore, Howard was in the wrong, and anyone who saw the whole event knows that.
Who do you think I am? Reread the OP.

While Chen and I were doing some Resistance supply spreading in the City, we came across their band. At first it appeared like they were going to mug Chen because he wasn't Japanese, and the quality of Roleplay was hideously racist. It was beyond normal levels of just being IC racist against someone, and to the point of mingery in their Roleplay. From everyone but Heidi and the Vort, it was "Ching chong oh me sucky long time" style asian stereotypes.

Just knock this shit off. You're better than this, we all troll every once in a while, but interrupting and attacking new players is beyond that. If you're supposed to be dedicated City Roleplayers, you should be setting a good example of how Roleplay in the city SHOULD be done, not being mindless sterotypes and fucking with people.

Clarification. The specific offenders I witnessed were Kai Lu and Ishimura Hoitsu,

I am very glad to see that his roleplay improved so drastically and it was certainly kind of you to assist in the learning process. That said, I can not count the amount of times I was punchwhored, spoken to with literacy of a three year old, or was engaged in pursuing people running off with approximately zero RP involved just tonight. I don't actually think I have ever seen the sever in more disarray than it was over the course of the hours I was on. I'm more than happy to try to help people, but when you have three and four people that simply run away or punch you as you try to type to help them it simply becomes maddening.

I would therefore presume that this may have been the experience of several other players on the server tonight who may have found themselves fed up with the OOC madness. Surely, that does not excuse the ridicule nor the suggestions to abandon the community entirely, though it might clarify the misunderstanding that occurred with the involved players. All that said, I came in toward the end on 33745 and all I really saw was the part where he ran off randomly to evade us, so my knowledge of the events is limited.

SealGunman said:
While Chen and I were doing some Resistance supply spreading in the City, we came across their band. At first it appeared like they were going to mug Chen because he wasn't Japanese, and the quality of Roleplay was hideously racist. It was beyond normal levels of just being IC racist against someone, and to the point of mingery in their Roleplay. From everyone but Heidi and the Vort, it was "Ching chong oh me sucky long time" style asian stereotypes.

Just knock this shit off. You're better than this, we all troll every once in a while, but interrupting and attacking new players is beyond that. If you're supposed to be dedicated City Roleplayers, you should be setting a good example of how Roleplay in the city SHOULD be done, not being mindless sterotypes and fucking with people.
Alright. Well I (Ishimura) personally admit that it was mediocre and irresponsible, I would like to add that the chat was LOOC (At least I know I was). LOOC is not RP at all, so therefore it was just typical goofing off.

SealGunman said:

Having Red Dragon RPing and me yelling at you are to different things. For start I was yelling at Chen for saying no and denying me. I was just following the Red Dragon. Two different things.

Screenshot%202-20.png

Even if he was being horrendously bad IC, and it's clear he's not understanding the problem, you don't harass and beat him up because he "hit Akari" and need to defend her. Attempt to teach the person, calm them down, and explain to them the issue if you can. Even if you can't, call an admin. Getting knocked out is a minor inconvenience and taking things into your own hands is grounds for getting you punished additionally.

Also, for the record, I sent a personal apology from me to Howard, which he has chosen to forgive us.

[PM to Howard Tenenbaum] Hey dude, I know you're probably mad at us. But I'm asking that we can put the past behind us an roleplay as if nothing happened. I
[PM to Howard Tenenbaum] am hoping we can start over and roleplay as if we are new people. My deepest apologies for angering you. I'm legitimately sorry dude.
[PM from Howard Tenenbaum] Yeah I forgive and apoligize to you all. I was tought to RP better and I think I can RP better
[PM to Howard Tenenbaum] I'm glad you understood. And once again I am really sorry. And I'm glad and hope you don't blame the server for this. It was completely our fault adn please don't get mad at anyone not involved on the server

[PM from Howard Tenenbaum] its alright
[PM to Howard Tenenbaum] Thanks dude and you relatively seem like a cool guy hopefully we can rp eventually when we meet again IC.
[PM from Howard Tenenbaum] Ok

You guys can think all you want. Hate me/us, not want to RP with us, but what we did with Howard is in the past between us, and that's personally all I care about now.

The Big T said:
Having Red Dragon RPing and me yelling at you are to different things. For start I was yelling at Chen for saying no and denying me. I was just following the Red Dragon. Two different things.
My criticism is the characters I mentioned are walking racist Asian stereotypes. That kind of roleplay is begging to be considered mingey.

I will say at points Kai Lu was being silly, but Ishimura only slipped once and caught himself afterwards. Akari the entire time had been scolding the inappropriate stereotypical/racist behavior and nipping it in the bud, trying to guide Kai Lu into better roleplay.

Kai Lu isn't an official Red Dragon employee yet to my knowledge, he's more of a trial. It's my belief that he's in a similar situation as Howard where Akari is trying to teach him the RP conventions when playing oriental characters and what is and what is not appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread