The Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Infection is an up and coming server set in the modern times in an alternative reality in the zombie genre that has a planned beginning, middle and ending. The server will begin just before the outbreak truly takes root and disrupts everyday life forever and will progress all the way into the infection, through the fall of the major urban centers and to a planned ending that will play out depending upon the groups that manage to flourish and take control as all the events play out on server.

The duration of this server is expected to be around 6-8 months from start to finish give or take some leeway on either side. It will specifically detail the fall of human civilization and the communities that spring up in the aftermath. As with all post apocalyptic tropes these days zombies are not technically the focal point but the ever present danger. Antagonist groups are to be expected but moderated so as not to be over saturated.

The server will launch on a slightly edited version of current modern TRP CC that more or less takes care of everything we need it to. Release date to be estimated soon. This server will fill up the time leading up to post half life 2 RP and the continuation of our previous story lines there.

No epic reveal or IC thread, kind of already did that with the RR. Just wanted to make the announcement official so people know that it IS happening. Feel free to reply, discuss and ask questions that I may or may not answer.

P.S I don't know if I will keep the name The Infection but unfortunately all the atypical zombie trope names have been scooped up at this point in time so fuck knows what I'll call it when we actually release.

Last edited:
leaked footage of ZRP special infected:
35336c473e.png

i'll pay 60 for a l4d bill model

ee52d4c361.png

This already exists.

Rochelle is a part of the main character creation models, Zoey is one of the more predominantly used token-ERPer models and Coach was also recently added towards the end of HL2RP.

If you don't think Im going to pay 60 dollars to play a redneck with the Ellis model you guys are sorely mistaken

Personally I think planning for 8 months is a bit much.......id honestly suggest shortening the period so that it comes to a reasonable resolution before it runs out of steam

Personally I think planning for 8 months is a bit much.......id honestly suggest shortening the period so that it comes to a reasonable resolution before it runs out of steam
bennet bennet said it has a planned beginning, middle, and end. In a setting that appeals to new roleplayers and stays in motion, I don't think it will die out.

It wont die out. But it will drop in population after the "honeymoon period". And you want people to experience that full story arc before it loses its appeal.

TRP's honeymoon period lasted about 2 months. Which is longer than I expected.

Keep in mind that TRP is currently around 5 months old now.

whenever tnb'ers get excited they enable this quirky autistic humor which is as funny as watching liveleak videos for an hour.. not at all funny, just disturbing

but anyways, what's the science behind the zombies? if anyone's seen this recent movie "cargo" pretty decent concept. or like 28 days later type of shit?

If this is a topic for discussion I vote for the zombies to be hosts of a brain-eating parasite rather than conventional "living dead" zombies. Any kind of fantasy is hard to treat as seriously as plausible science fiction and it's a slippery slope for other fantasy occurences until some vague and debated line is drawn. Also, a parasite can be fought through means of science and medicine, so the conflict is a bit richer than TRP's big soldiers shoot robot.

i like the idea of there being a scientific approach to the origin of zombies

but then again having just played sunset overdrive im also okay with everyone turning into zombies cause of an energy drink

either way i dont really want to know the origin of the infection in zrp honestly id rather leave it ambiguous enough so we can discover it out for ourselves on the server

viral or other scientifically-explained zombies are basically the norm and I don't think anyone working on this is going to go for ROTLD trioxin shit where hands can crawl after you once you chop them off because it's horror shlock and only fun in that context. better to just leave it nebulous and have the people theorise IC until they're sure of what it is as that's not only literally part of why zombies are so cool, it means nobody actually knows and interactions related to origin can happen naturally

I just hope that if we do delve into scientifically explaining the outbreak it doesn't suddenly turn every character on the server into lifetime scientists who know the exact molecular happening when someone is bitten and can describe it in latin-worded medical terminology like the back of their hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread