The Freedom Raptors

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Cowman said:
It's things like this that deter me from flagging up on my Freedomer. As Xeanos said it's supposed to attract these free-spirited, eccentric characters, not something where you can spew utter trash out of your character's mouth in an attempt to get a petty out of character laugh. I pushed for Bobocrunch and Jack's removal when Scott was still around as they're not what the faction needs amongst their ranks. I'd say that this is more than enough proof of it.
I wasn't even there. Nice OOC hate buddy. Don't be a dick if you have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't done ANYTHING wrong in Freedom. You just have butt-hurt feelings over whatever went down on S4. I don't even know what. You're just being dumb, to be honest.

Eqhuinox said:
He only brought up jack due to him being an accomplice to your idiocy.

If there's one thing I've taken from SRP it's hard to rule out the retards from the actual player base.

What? Excuse me if I'm defending my primary faction, and not letting you guys bash on Bobo for no apparent reason. Post a ban thread for someone building roleplay (Albeit through basketball)? Right.

Fez said:
I definitely support giving Bobocrunch a vacation, but I still have the slightest bit of faith in Dima.
Again, punishing for what I see as legitimate roleplay. Serious or not, I don't know, I wasn't there, but this is dumb.

IMO, let IC be IC. If they want to do that, whether good or not, let there be IC consequences. I'll stick by Bobo and Dima all day long, because they haven't, I repeat, they haven't, done anything wrong.

I'd like to actually talk to someone about this, but so far all of my questions haven't been replied to...At all. And people I've never RP'd with in this server are advocating for my ban.

Add me if one of you actually wants to do something other than complain about it with no fixes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobocrunch/

Jack, you seem to have completely forgotten that not only a week ago you attempted to PK someone while metagaming all the while and then offered a single, half-assed /me that essentially equated to '/me grabs the man's gear' and really marked your ulterior motives against roleplay.

Bobo the forum is your audience, you've got one last chance on this thread to try and demonstrate you're not a complete tool.

I just want to know why people think I'm some sort of RP Satan when I haven't had RP experiences with most of these people

I see now that the basketball thing was a problem, and it was all deleted and I apologize for negatively affecting the server

I'm just wondering why I'm a problem in general, and I'd like to fix those problems, whatever they are. I genuinely would like to fix whatever I'm doing wrong, because I clearly can't see for myself, and it'd be nice for someone to explain to me what I'm doing wrong

Rob Cowman said:
Jack, you seem to have completely forgotten that not only a week ago you attempted to PK someone while metagaming all the while and then offered a single, half-assed /me that essentially equated to '/me grabs the man's gear' and really marked your ulterior motives against roleplay.

Excuse me? That's completely incorrect. I know you just want to grill to grill, but at least, get your facts straight. First off, I didnt metagame, at all. I acted upon what I was told by Tuna and Junior. Wanna dispute that? Check the original thread. Next, I wasnt the one who grabbed his gear, and I even volunteered to give it back until the situation was solved. Sure, it's a video-game, but it's a video-game I enjoy playing, and as such, follow the rules. Roleplay is enjoyable to me, unlike to you, who just sits on the forums, and or a dead HL2 server, and or prowls on S4. Might wanna come back when you have something actually on me, bub.

dougal said:
Velik Velociraptor (Warchief Dima): [OOC] **From the old Duty base, the Duty soldiers can see the Duty flag being pulled down and replaced with a Freedom flag, the words 'CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKI' written on the flag.**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYlxoBXkaEk

If I can add my five cents into this,

Bobocrunch has been on the last bit of SRP a few years ago and no issues were with him, Bobocrunch is my brother (IRL) and he's a really sweet and nice dude, not good at forum posting obviously but he does mean well. He gets a bit meme but we've all been a bit meme. He's honed up to his mistakes and agrees to work harder and prove to you all he isn't the 'RP Satan' everyone thinks he is. Family going through a rough patch IRL,

So give Bobocrunch a week, if nothing has changed and he's still RP Satan everyone thinks, then you can ban him and myself as I'll be working with him. Two birds with one stone right? You can ban us both perma and we won't even post unban requests, just asking for a week on the server, RP and everyone can see he's improving.

My experiences with Bobocrunch had been primarily OOC.

I can only think of one experience where he had attended one of my events, and kept on rushing forward while everyone else was taking their time, and roleplaying - and really getting into the roleplay at that.

I hadn't a clue if that was script driven desire, or generally trying to get the hell out of my event, eitherway - it pissed me off, and it pissed off other people at my event too.

Everything else I've heard from a third party, or saw on the forums. I generally think you should take a break, and think about what you've been doing wrong - because it seems that you're truly acting oblivious or generally don't know what you're doing.

Take some time, try and develop your character a little more, and take roleplay a lot more slower, it isn't going anywhere.

Bobocrunch said:
Which event was that, jules?
My mistake, I've just realized that that was another character - you two have similar names.

However, the point still stands, as for the last part.

Just to be entirely clear,

K33f3! said:
Listen, you're ferociously stupid, Bobocrunch. I'm not just saying that to hurt your feelings. I take pride in stupidity, if only to spite pretentious people. But you are prince Harry stupid, there's not a lot of hope here.

So what I'm gonna suggest, is that you give us an emote of your character getting lobotomized, and based on the quality of it, your punishment may be lessened to the point of nullification.
Keefe's pulling some punches here as far as I can tell. I don't know much about Dima but even from his attitude on the forums alone (and the constant shit he causes with metagaming, along with the rest of his clique), Bobocrunch needs to go. I'd rather deal with the Greek Gatter.

e: To further clarify how dense you are, you're making me warm to littleb. I don't even know what's real anymore.

shotcopper 9000 said:
Just to be entirely clear,

Keefe's pulling some punches here as far as I can tell. I don't know much about Dima but even from his attitude on the forums alone (and the constant shit he causes with metagaming, along with the rest of his clique), Bobocrunch needs to go. I'd rather deal with the Greek Gatter.

e: To further clarify how dense you are, you're making me warm to littleb. I don't even know what's real anymore.
Attitude on forums? Err, anyway. I haven't really metagamed, nothing that involved me getting in trouble for anything other than the party claiming 'metagame' and being unfounded in a situation. I really don't have a clique on here, I just do stuff on Freedom and events and all that holly jolly mess. My clique if you would call it is just listening to Dast in teamspeak rambling on things about randomness. No true words about the situation other than:

• Tone down on memes
Got that, act a bit more civil as Freedomers in the game and less... ICly goofballs as our characters are. Bobo admitted he was wrong on multiple occasions and was seeking to prove he really didn't and shouldn't get the stigma he has here when he asked for a week to prove he is a valuable RPer to the server as anyone else is. As for me I could really care a less if I am banned for IC goofyness in my character. But Bobocrunch really doesn't deserve a lot of the flak returning on him, he messed up a few times sure, but I know a lot of us, admin or not in the past has taken a lax in RP and did some memery, slipped up in the past and so on. We let a lot of people go for redemption. He's not crashing the server, he's not duping items, he's not destroying TnB. He's just made a bit of drama, a lot of people have, everyone is involved in drama at one point and time, does he deserve a ban? No. He should be able to prove himself as capable as anyone else on the server now that this has come to light. What I really think could cut down on A LOT of ban requests is if people can grab themselves by the manhood and talk to the person what was going on and how you feel the way you do, just a thought, could save a lot of people the trouble and the unnecessary flame wars that go on in the chat over a Garry's Mod RP server by acting like civil humans in regards to issues. I had no idea ICly my character was causing OOC drama and 'memery' as it was put. Talking to dougal on steam seemed to clear everything up easily for myself and the situation, we were both quite civil and it was enjoyable to get feedback and what I could do better. Just a challenge, approach someone next time you want to make a ban request on someone that isn't just going out and crashing the server, but because you don't like how they act ICly, OOCly etc and talk to them, learn their side before making a big shitstorm in the forums where everyone crawls out from the woodwork to start slinging insults and defaming someone over some easily correctable issues.

This thread is giving me a headache. Bobo is banned for a month. He can sort his life out because taco and banana is most certainly not an escape from real life. I don't encourage that. If you want to play with your brother so badly, do it on less intrusive games. The damage is done and he's upset multiple people with his behavior. This is by no means permanent so he's free to come back and enjoy himself after he's had this time out to think about what he's done. You should probably also take his punishment into consideration too. The IC fuckery has to stop. You're ruining the server for everyone else. I'm sure I kick you often enough for posting stupid GPDAs.

Take this place seriously, play a character and don't use this community as a retreat for your life. Roleplay is a hobby, not a solution to your problems. We're not your therapists.

Locked. Do not appeal before a month has turned our we'll stack the ban up. This is agreed on by the team. Take this as an example of how to improve yourself and what it will cost you if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread