Information The End of Terminator RP

That wraps it up for this Terminator iteration. I had a fucking blast and I sure as hell hope everyone else did along the way.

Once again I'd like to collectively thank all of the admins and faction leaders throughout the years that made this server what it was. I still remember the first day of the server opening like it was yesterday, spamming the join button while it was still locked. The last couple of days matched that same fuzzy feeling I had all the way back then, and I'm very happy with it.

We all know that this server had its problems - faction reforms, new attempts at making SkyNET scarier, different antagonists - we did it all, but despite all of the flaws, this server really was something special to a lot of us. Over the last three years this admin team did its absolute best to bring a different experience to TnB and I believe we accomplished that in a very grand way. There's still several things I would've liked to change -- and I'm sure many of you feel the same way, but at the end of the day, we made everything work and had a whole lot of fun doing it.

Some of you might be wondering what's next for Terminator as a setting. Rest assured that there will be RRs to come for this setting, and I hope to see all of you there.

Share some of your favorite moments below if you want.

thank you admins and trp for this whole experience, i hope to visit the setting and characters again

not really a favorite moment, but I just wanted to thank all of the admins and anyone who made trp possible. server wasn’t always rp but when it was, i had a blast. i am also excited for the future rrps.

Goodbye, old friend.
tenor (3).gif

I'm glad to have had my chance to play and admin at TRP for the last 2 years, especially with the great team we've had and some fairly memorable players and characters even despite the infamy and dickery of others.

I was particularly proud to be part of the team around the time we ran the Fall of Fresno, where TC was forced southwards all the way to the Mexican border and forced to forge new alliances with the cells of Frente Humano. Made for some memorable moments even when we were using /ev, gbombs and rpa_youtube (which, unfortunately is broken now so rpa_playurl became a necessity) and effects to project the image of a grand battle between rival cells offmap. There were other great moments but that particularly felt like this TRP was showing its claws. And slowly introducing the 800 series and plasma weapons - that was something I appreciated being a part of.

probably bungled a lot with skynet but the time I was around was p neato. Props to everyone who willingly played drones and really went above and beyond dealing with all the shit that comes with it.

Remember kids: skynet rules, tc drools.

It's been a good run. I'm glad we were able to give it a nice sendoff and i'm thankful for everyone i've met along the way, and for getting a shot at skynet command, then admin, when I did.

play the sex music for trp...

e;

joining the server fresh after the ZRP 2 finale and getting thrown a rifle by kiwi kiwi 's character is one of the things that stuck with me, while being completely new to the server (and not having watched terminator) and unaware of how it worked.

chip dodger and bert.. enough said, LolMan LolMan Stierlexia! Stierlexia!

vasi playing matchmaker and watching marco and nat (literally, at times); Stierlexia! Stierlexia! Chiss Chiss

the simulation boys verd verd Flood Flood skylion skylion and Ammo Ammo and Fury Fury for setting that all up

morgan swain and natasha talking just outside baseplate near the end, even if it was late, will absolutely stick with me and hit natasha like a brick, Cindy Cindy

doubletag but farmnet as a whole Cindy Cindy

natasha and dalton having a one to one a few hours before the core attack and her death was great and pretty emotional. both that and her various goodbyes to some of the people she cared about hit me pretty hard, won't lie; Therapist Therapist catwhovibes <𝟑 catwhovibes <𝟑 kiwi kiwi kenn kenn Kat_ Kat_ and a few others

vale's creation and eventual reprogramming of an independent 800 for jan was great, and both led to some fun asf rp. raklo raklo kenn kenn zap430 zap430 Desrat456 Desrat456

delta and the long rifles partnership and joint operations were great; Mongoose Mongoose verd verd Therapist Therapist pilotfish pilotfish Mister Rogers Mister Rogers @allthelongrifleboyswithoutforumaccounts

The 804 with a vendetta against the Long Rifles was fun asf to play and i'm glad people enjoyed that; Gumby Gumby Mongoose Mongoose @longrifles

natasha and carter ditching the rest of the scout team and getting stuck inside a prison filled with drones; Dave c: Dave c:

war crimes over wmds; kiwi kiwi Braker Braker Subeh Subeh Therapist Therapist Dave c: Dave c:

easton and vale's business dealings and mutual respect; verd verd

the arielle chun fiasco LMAO; The Great Slithery Dee The Great Slithery Dee Dave c: Dave c: Nutritionist Nutritionist

don and nat's occasional heart-to-hearts, Subeh Subeh

therapist buying me neko para volume 0 to fill the void that trp will leave, Therapist Therapist

i've probably missed a few but it's 3am and i'd like to get this in before i forget.

Last edited:
I want to think that it's because of TRP that I'm even still here at TnB. Terminator gave me a new found confidence and voice I never knew I had, and awoke a passion for the better of trying to set out and write the best stories I could with all of you.

Without TRP, I would've never had the courage to build scenes and events, be it on TRP itself or other servers. I stumbled, fell, burned in spectacle fashion several times with noticable high visibility fuck ups, but in the end, I think I'm in a better place, as a person and a writer, thanks to the confidence TRP inspired.

I will never forget the days of Sofia teaching robots to swear, of Minerva's first weeks and months in a human dominated resistance in a machine dominated world, or the numerous times Ikeda no doubt gave command a massive headache before pulling through with the next project. Thank you, all of you on the TRP admin team, past and present, truly.

kiwi kiwi 's The Mark event stands out as one of the best events i've ever taken part in, kelso kelso knows what i'm talking about

LolMan LolMan was a witness to some of my greatest moments from joining t.c. 3 years ago, finding a M60 when that actually meant something and ofcourse creating & mantaining 'simone'. loved enfield, too, a real truther

zap430 zap430 Flood Flood Dave c: Dave c: kelso kelso frente humano & vasi's employment in it was also very gratifying, even if he ended up defecting to attend the final battle.

pirate pirate kelso kelso kiwi kiwi valais' and his mercenary shenanigans were incredibly entertaining to play out too, shame it all came crashing down

Cindy Cindy oregon separatists deserve better, no cap

LolMan LolMan kelso kelso chip and dodger LMAOOOOOOO

Mongoose Mongoose pirate pirate long rifle's deals with FH and the creation of vasi's technical was a great arc to take part in

This is my last ride for Gmod RP and at TNB as a whole. I'm proud to have taken part in it and seen a TRP stride to a successful, happy conclusion. Thanks for letting me be part of this.

I don't have much to say besides thank you to basically everyone. I've had so many great moments in trp from when I first made Brad to Weber to Sofia. Bravo was a blast, Charlie and reprogramming was very fun and Frente was unlike anything else I've tried. So yeah, thanks to everyone for being part of all of it along the way and for TRP in general.

I played day one of TRP, maybe day two, the Siberia RR and then the last couple of days.. But I've come to really regret not playing more of TRP during its' run despite being a massive fan of the original two. Watching the finale, those glorious S2Ks, the sound of thousands of bolts of plasma and the thudding terminators rolling across nuclear-scarred wastelands in that all out struggle for humanity's future, in a setting where it's a good day when you wake up the next morning... Hearing people's stories, their characters lost, the relationships gained; the amount of people who have formed everlasting memories from this iteration and who have come away with a thousand stories to tell across innumerable lives.. It's sort of.. overwhelming that it's been as profound as it has, despite its dark days and its' bright ones.

After going back and watching the first two.. And then the others that.. are there.. I understand the appeal, and genuinely do regret not being able to get in on all that laser-ridden campyness that the setting had. I hope those that did play do not regret their time on the server and will come to celebrate TRP for what it was instead of mourning its' closure. Those I speak to about it often do enjoy it, the close battles, personal encounters and epic adventures, and if we can make HLNA a fraction as renowned as TRP then I reckon it'll be pretty fucking good.

Godspeed, you glorious bastard. I hope I have my chance in the future, truly.

i dont have much to say that hasnt already been said

alpha my homies
bravo my homies
charlie my homies
delta my homies
fuck it skynet my homies

every1 my homies

i think my favorite moment was when i first joined TRP.

first TNB server ever. came from an SSTRP and instantly fell in love. kiwi kiwi remembers. Therapist Therapist remembers. shoulder to shoulder lineups with some airsoft, shemagh-wearing idiot who didn't know a lick of tactics bellowing "SALUTE ME" or something dreadfully eyerolling to who i am now, but giving me heart eyes when i was nearly three years younger.
what a painful character to play.

buuuut that's how i met all you guys. i remember the old Staff Sergeant (someone help me remember his name) screaming and barking orders as if he was some stereotypical Marine pasted right out of a movie.
i remember first joining Delta with Nitra Nitra and hawkeye hawkeye and everyone else way back in 2018. when getting a 35watt made you feel like you're king shit of fuck mountain.
i remember sneaking around with ShiftKnife and Pacer (bless their souls, as they've moved on from this hellhole), and forming the Rocky Mountain Rangers. where 600's could end your life so easily, and there was a genuine fear of everything you did beyond TC's walls.
i remember getting a bomb collar strapped to Trevone's neck, and having at least 5 hours of 'is he an infiltrator' RP, interrogation, and getting rid of the bomb collar.
i remember first meeting Grogrock Grogrock 's Kelso and Plum instantly looking at him as a missing father figure.
i remember seeing kelso kelso 's Nat rip a line or two in CnC every now and again.

Zombiedude101 Zombiedude101 , i'm right there with you on the Fall of Fresno; surviving in the cold and finding TC on Plum and Wiz Wiz 's mentally deficient character i forget the name of LOL.

but here's some screenshots i have left over that survived my harddrive wipe/computer swap.

n1y6bspvylz01.gif

I need not describe the endless frustration that ran through me when I was still trying to change TRP into something else but despite that I still had a lot of fun memories on it as it was. Glad I got to participate in the ending.

Thanks to the TRP admins new and old who helped keep the boat afloat for as long as it was, and thanks to the players that helped make the setting what it was. I think we can all agree that this iteration of TRP's richest quality was that of the bonds formed between the characters.

Trp was the place where my roleplay went from rubbish to decently good. And I've missed made many friends here, I'm gonna miss my characters and the rp.

Here's my favourite moments;

Rex Maskarad being set on fire in a stressful situation by the two bandits ( kelso kelso Scamming Scamming )
Rex Maskarad fight with Gregory dunn ( Fonzie49 Fonzie49 )
Rex being mentally tortured by church for a while during difficult times for him, later to become friends down the line ( Emeritus Emeritus )
The independent camp for sure, and how it progressed. ( LolMan LolMan Dave c: Dave c: Nutritionist Nutritionist and some others I can't cant remember)
All of my reprogs. They were fun as hell.
Rexs conversations with Bryce bloodworth ( verd verd )
Kemikals 'roleplaying' my radios being destroyed and then me getting revenge by having over 100 radios
The destruction of skynet, and many people's sacrifices
Rex And Bucket riding off into the horizon ( Wasted.Exe Wasted.Exe )

Users who are viewing this thread