Supreme Commander Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can get enough players interested.......I will be holding a Supreme Commander tournament with possibly a cash prize ;)

I will need at least 16 players.

If you havnt played Supreme Commander before, then firstly, youre fucking retarded, and secondly, GET IT.
Its only like the best real time strategy game ever made.

Supreme Commander is the sequel to the original game "Total Annihilation" and what came before "Planetary Annihilation" ....... and is basically the best of the lot.

(Note this is NOT Supreme Commander 2, which is a bag of shit)

Reasons you should play it with us are......
  • Huge scale war with mechs, tanks, battleships, dogfights, nukes, tactical missiles, shields, pretty much anything you can think of....
  • Ridiculously awesome experimental super-weapons like spider-bots with death rays, flying saucers with disintigration beams and huge artillary canons
  • Fluid limitless resource management system
  • 4 factions with unique characteristics - human military, cyborgs, two wierd alien races....
  • Typical games of 4v4 but can be less or more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idrRvLCq4Yc

You can get it very cheap on G2A for like $3 - https://www.g2a.com/supreme-commander-gold-edition-steam-cd-key-global.html?___store=australia
Or you can just torrent it.
You will require both Supreme Commander and the addon Forged Alliance which both come in the "Gold" package.
You will also require the community lobby installer which can be found at Forged Alliance Forever website - http://faforever.com
This basically acts as a server launcher / finder / matchmaking system and automatically updates the game and any map / mod you might need instantly.

Steam group for announcements about upcoming games: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TnBSupCom
^if you don't have any of us on steam or people forget to ask you to join you'll hear about games starting there^

Players
  • Dave
  • Gangleider
  • LittleB
  • Bennet
  • Rokhazula
  • Flower
  • Tanknut
  • Spartan
  • Chris
  • Fez
  • Surgeon Scone
  • Loser
  • Snapshot
  • Sarcastic Pyro
  • Jules
  • Nat attack
  • Thor
  • Tunnelsnake
  • Drewerth
  • MonkeyRasta
  • Retribution Incarnate
  • Jayfor

If I get the gold version on Steam then must I do anything else or am I set?

Once youve got Gold all you need to do is download the faforever.com lobby installer. It just updates your game, downloads any maps you need when you join a server, and lets you match up against people / find games etc.

Ok numbers are picking up nicely now :)

Weve got 16 people on the list now but id rather not assume thats a fixed amount until all of these people have played at least one friendly game

Played my first two games tonight, dear god played too much SUPCOM2 far too much and it's fun to get back into this game that's less of a shitshow. You guys don't play with no-rush do you?

Nope we're using default settings

Which is pretty much anything goes as far as im aware

i played the hell out of supreme commander 2 when i first got it for console years back

if you're not full up put me down for this i'm interested :]

Not full at all, the more people the better

I just need to make sure that people who say "im down" are actually gonna play and get a bit of practice in first though lol. So make sure your game is actually installed and it works, and youve played at least a few matches online so you get the flow of things.
Joining a tournament game and being like "OK HOW DO I MAKE FACTORY" wont be cool lol

Might also be able to do a 2v2 tournament if we get enough

Perhaps have like a draw system to decide who teams with who

we've never run into any limits in our 5v5 games and we spam units like MAD
Snapshot said:
Also Gangledier got his ass handed to him by a pair of tactical nukes within the first half hour of the game because he wanted to show off his chest mounted microwave laser of doom.
hey i was kicking ass until they sniped me ok
no regrets

If youre playing as Cybran you can always keep a personal guard of T3 siege assault bots patrolling your commander.........they have anti missile technology that deflects one incoming rocket each using a laser tracker thing

ai game tonight at 7 gmt for the noob tutorial ladies

stop doing ai games jeez

play against real ppl

Either that or we could try doing one of the COOP defense games where you defend a base against never ending waves
thats some good fun

no thanks -300 rating is low enough for me
coop is cool yeh i remember that

i dont want to play against real players with ppl who have no idea what theyre doing
no offense

Davebrown said:
Either that or we could try doing one of the COOP defense games where you defend a base against never ending waves
thats some good fun
Isn't that what most of our AI games boil down to? I mean it's a never ending stream of enemies knocking at your doorstep.

Nah like theres a map called erm........BSD Black Sun Defense where you defend a power generator, on Setons Clutch, and it sends it waves like Killing Floor style they get harder and harder until its like defending against 10 commanders and 10 experimentals at once

you definitely need blackops mod for that though as you need those extra cool point defenses like rapid fire missile launchers and level 3 laser towers

i only managed to beat it once and it was hard as shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread