STALKER Roleplay & Community Update Announcement

One thing I am prepared to talk about right now as far as some of the major changes go is a new approach to the staff team structure.

SRP will not follow the traditional flat structure. We are exploring a new approach that strictly divides powers and responsibilities between two groups - moderators and game masters, who will each be marshalled by "seniors" from their respective groups.

Moderators are responsible for out of character matters, chiefly concerning player conduct and conflict resolution. Game masters are responsible for in character matters such as the server's plotline and event design/execution.

These team members are in equal standing and represent two parts of a whole. We believe the separation of powers will help members focus on what they do best without pressuring them to get involved in situations they aren't in the headspace to handle. It will reduce staff burnout and minimize potential conflicts of interest. It enforces an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual reliance in the staff team. It opens the doors to the staff team to people who may not have been considered good picks when they would have been expected to shoulder all of those responsibilities. Expanding the team as such allows team members to roleplay without the expectation of constantly being on-call for administrative tasks; allowing them to focus on their characters will further help reduce their stress levels.

This expanded, more inclusive approach is necessary to provide players with the near-constant flow of events that STALKER roleplay demands while keeping the workload down for staff members.

The specific titles are subject to change, but we are decided on this structure and will be rolling with it. We think it's a sorely needed change that will yield immediate, tangible benefits.
Will people with trader/technician characters or people with some initiative and creative ideas be able to get observe flags (on said trader, technician and event chars) and run their own jobs, events and etc like we've seen done in previous iterations?

It was very much a ease of life feature, where I could put my creative freedom to work without having to nag the admins to set something up for me.

Throughout the day I’m not going to be able to keep up with this thread while at work but feel free to DM me on discord (grenadiac#1683) with any questions and I’ll answer as much as I can. Even if I can’t answer at this stage, it will help me get an idea of which topics are important to yall so I can ensure to cover them with the team.

I seriously wished that we could have somehow gotten this up an running for DayZ. I know it's already being worked on heavily and has been worked on for years, but I really do think that a more open english , non-whitelist Stalker RP server on DayZ wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I mean, there are servers like Heart of Pripyat, but those are whitelist only servers which make the game like SAO because you're removed from the server when your character dies and have to apply again.

However the benefits from putting it on Gmod is probably better because of the larger reach and possibly a higher player count. Where the max players for DayZ is 60, Gmod can be around 76-80.

I seriously wished that we could have somehow gotten this up an running for DayZ. I know it's already being worked on heavily and has been worked on for years, but I really do think that a more open english , non-whitelist Stalker RP server on DayZ wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I mean, there are servers like Heart of Pripyat, but those are whitelist only servers which make the game like SAO because you're removed from the server when your character dies and have to apply again.

However the benefits from putting it on Gmod is probably better because of the larger reach and possibly a higher player count. Where the max players for DayZ is 60, Gmod can be around 76-80.

StalkerZ has been my go to dayz stalker server, while there is a whitelist you can get, they only lock down the server like one season a year, and that’s because the server easily has 100 players on at any given time, and can get a queue of up to 30-50 players.

I’ve been meaning to get back into StalkerZ, it’s just something that’s more fun with friends rather than running around solo trying to do shit

StalkerZ has been my go to dayz stalker server, while there is a whitelist you can get, they only lock down the server like one season a year, and that’s because the server easily has 100 players on at any given time, and can get a queue of up to 30-50 players.

I’ve been meaning to get back into StalkerZ, it’s just something that’s more fun with friends rather than running around solo trying to do shit
I think playing StalkerZ Solo but allying with a group is the best way to play it as it's how the games were played. Stalker was built on the feeling of isolation, and fear, and being with a group defeats those themes ad makes the atmosphere a little bit different.

POV: You play StalkerZ solo

I think playing StalkerZ Solo but allying with a group is the best way to play it as it's how the games were played. Stalker was built on the feeling of isolation, and fear, and being with a group defeats those themes ad makes the atmosphere a little bit different.

POV: You play StalkerZ solo

I mean, I don't play Stalker on Dayz to emulate playing Stalker really, so I usually do appreciate being able to stick around with my own smaller group and go out scavenging/artifact hunting.

And just when we started fixing shit, this genuinely just feels like we're saying 'fuck it, I can't be bothered' with TRP and adopting a 'the grass is greener on the other side' mentality with SRP.

Six months from now who will even give enough of a shit to bother bringing back TRP?

E: Especially if we can't be assed to keep it alive as it is now.
I joined to RP and instead had to wrangle a bunch of NCO's into not RDMing each other so they might participate in a small errand I had planned but ultimately I couldn't stop them, I'm not sure whether TRP is really coming back or if the "Let's Talk About It Thread" just gave the server a virtual equivalent of defibrillation honestly.

Last edited:
We thank you, oh Monolith, for revealing the cunning plans of your enemies to us.
May your light shine down on the souls of the brave soldiers who gave their lives in service to your will.
Onward warriors of the Monolith, avenge your fallen brothers, blessed as they are in their eternal union with the Monolith.
Bring death to those who spurned the holy power of the Monolith

So hl2rp in a few months right?
I don’t get posts like this. Give things a chance before writing them off. This attitude is a self fulfilling prophecy. If everyone is grumpy and cynical and refuses to put their heart into it, what do you think is gonna happen?

I don’t get posts like this. Give things a chance before writing them off. This attitude is a self fulfilling prophecy. If everyone is grumpy and cynical and refuses to put their heart into it, what do you think is gonna happen?
I was kidding. I’m not a fan of srp but willing to give it a go again. Settle down before throwing big words at people bro.

As for the story, Pirate, how will this go down?

I've looked into a bunch of ideas and theories about what might come next in Stalker 2, which could be that because of the lack of the C-Consciousness keeping the expansion of Noosphere energy in check while manipulating it to protect the center of the Zone, that the Zone becomes more unstable and could possibly threaten the entire world with a massive expansion. I remember Clear Sky described the role of the C-Consciousness and the project behind it was like a cork and a bottle. When you shake the bottle, it builds up pressure, and when you weaken the cork just a little bit it pops out quickly. Maybe without this cork, the Zone is now trying to expand past the 5km it already had expanded since the previous games.

Ultimately, if this take place after the games, I think there's a lot you can do that's gonna be something people aren't gonna experience anywhere else and neatly wrap up the story of Stalker in our own way. Of course this is just speculation and I'm half understanding the details behind these things but I know people on your teams and such could take an idea like this and make something cool with it if you guys haven't already written up something.

Users who are viewing this thread