STALKER Roleplay & Community Update Announcement

One thing I am prepared to talk about right now as far as some of the major changes go is a new approach to the staff team structure.

SRP will not follow the traditional flat structure. We are exploring a new approach that strictly divides powers and responsibilities between two groups - moderators and game masters, who will each be marshalled by "seniors" from their respective groups.

Moderators are responsible for out of character matters, chiefly concerning player conduct and conflict resolution. Game masters are responsible for in character matters such as the server's plotline and event design/execution.

These team members are in equal standing and represent two parts of a whole. We believe the separation of powers will help members focus on what they do best without pressuring them to get involved in situations they aren't in the headspace to handle. It will reduce staff burnout and minimize potential conflicts of interest. It enforces an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual reliance in the staff team. It opens the doors to the staff team to people who may not have been considered good picks when they would have been expected to shoulder all of those responsibilities. Expanding the team as such allows team members to roleplay without the expectation of constantly being on-call for administrative tasks; allowing them to focus on their characters will further help reduce their stress levels.

This expanded, more inclusive approach is necessary to provide players with the near-constant flow of events that STALKER roleplay demands while keeping the workload down for staff members.

The specific titles are subject to change, but we are decided on this structure and will be rolling with it. We think it's a sorely needed change that will yield immediate, tangible benefits.

I’m assuming players without either of those positions can also run their own events? Will it be through the standard auth boards, or just something we’d be able to do whenever? (I’m aware that scale would probably affect this answer too)

I truly believe, just from what I've seen so far, that SRP will be actually a crowd-drawer. Players who have been away from TnB for anywhere from a year to even a decade are coming out of the woodwork to jump on this opportunity. TnB SRP doesn't happen every day, after all; the hype is real, the potential is real, and some of the changes are intriguing and capable of bearing fruit.

Yes, the choice to shelve TRP was a hard one. But to all the TRP players out there, I can assure you that as long as a population continues to exist on-server, the admins will do their god-damndest to make it worth your while until the pause. We aren't abandoning it and we ask that you don't abandon it either simply because change is on the horizon.

Let's stop these pointless, tired debates already. There's no way to please everyone. Just roll with the punches and enjoy the RP as it comes; it's all anyone is ultimately in this community for, after all. Don't overthink it.

I’m assuming players without either of those positions can also run their own events? Will it be through the standard auth boards, or just something we’d be able to do whenever? (I’m aware that scale would probably affect this answer too)
Players have access to a lot of tools that can help them set up and execute small "events" but anything serious would best be handled with an auth thread, or by joining the GM team - permanently or temporarily. There is a flag which grants players temporary gamemaster privileges on a specific character slot and allows them access to the full suite of GM tools.

I know the auth threads thing sounds painful, but I am pushing the team for fast turnaround on auth threads. At 100 Rads we handled most auths (character, event, etc) within 3 hours and almost none took longer than the next day. There is no real reason we shouldn't be able to achieve that here.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't need to be said but character authorizations would be nice for those wanting to roleplay people that'd arrive in the zone with more than a pistol, 30 rounds and a tin of tourist delight.

This is standard nowadays but I remember a dark time where SRP was treated more like an MMO where gear progression was used to keep score of who was winning.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't need to be said but character authorizations would be nice for those wanting to roleplay people that'd arrive in the zone with more than a pistol, 30 rounds and a tin of tourist delight.

This is standard nowadays but I remember a dark time where SRP was treated more like an MMO where gear progression was used to keep score of who was winning.
That was standard at every 100 Rads iteration but whether we do it here or not is not something we have discussed as a team yet.

I want to reassure everyone again that the schedule for SRP is measured in weeks, not days. TRP has plenty of time and deserves your attention for now. We just wanted to make sure you heard about this from the horse's mouth and not through the grapevine.

Last edited:
we're a community. i hate seeing the fricking civil war stuff happenings. just put stuff aside and be adults. hl2's hurting, and we all need to pull our weight if we want it to survive. My rugby coach always said, when we were losing at the start of the next half, "Stop worrying about it. It's a new half, it doesn't matter." Let's act like it. This is a new half. Let's work together to make HL2RP something to be proud of, and show those people who joined the 2nd week they missed out mega suprem
NO CRYING IN BASEBALL

NO CRYING IN BASEBALL
Let me tell you something kid: everybody gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance, either because they're too scared, or they don't recognize it when it spits on their shoes. This is your big chance. You shouldn’t let it go by.

Personally if the shitty feature where you only respawn with 15% HP is removed from the SRP script im happy to give it a try, but that feature really pissed me off after getting prop killed and than having barely any health left.

Users who are viewing this thread