ND - RDM, STALKER

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

combinesoldier188

B-B-B-BANNED
Aug 24, 2012
Player's name: ND is the player's OOC name, and Andrew Bourbon was his IC name.

STEAM ID: Andrew Bourbon (SF: ND) - STEAM_0:0:23399525

Reason for ban: RDM.

Proof:
48655F3A429A14E5A1D0CFE4B3BB05DA29B60F2A

What you want to see improved: I'd like ND to be banned for a week at least.

Ohohohohohohohohohohoho.

Okay, here's the break-down for you, because it's really easy to say "RDM" B& him. Yeah, you're right it's against the rules. But Combine, you didn't go into the roleplay, for the roleplay. Anyone there could've seen that was obvious, no-one was enjoying your presence. You were detrimental to the scene. This is the second time I've seen you move around with no roleplay to get the drop on typing players- and then attack with the shortest /mes you can manage, expecting the character to just die. Poor 3-D.

Which in itself, isn't against the rules, but its such a play to win move, that it's frowned on at multiple levels. Then you threw a hissy fit when I didn't die right away- and you expected to see all eight rounds to hit. When I omit information from my /mes it's because there is no way you'd be able to see the action. Even at that range, the shower of blood coming out of the human body would obscure you perception some. A total of four rounds entered Andrew's side, shattering two floating ribs and punching into a lung. I didn't type that in a /me, because how would you know? Andrew was lying face down, the sawn-off is at his hip in front of him (Between the ground and himself). As he turns, he draws, he didn't aim, he just fired it off into the air, I wasn't expecting you to get hit. I'm not limited to one action at a time like the script suggests. That's reasonable seeing as you had busied yourself to fire a shot at my head with a ten word /me- while I was typing.

Andrew was never going to survive the initial shooting. That was going to be a PK for him, right there and then (all roleplayed deaths are permanent). You would have had the Sunrise (that you've tried to metagame and powergame before all of this), and all of his gear (And a quest item so to speak). BUT, you were reluctant to allow people roleplay, and instead treated both Legit Muffin and I as mobile storage for your script items, so I decided you shouldn't have any of the SWEPS you'd have gotten if you had actually roleplayed.

After all of this most of your responses were "lol no". Then you told me "you didn't even roleplay hush", of course you said the classic "Such is life in the Zone" which you don't even know what Hawg meant when he said it.

So yeah, I was a little angry.

You treated it like it was a competition from an OOC level. As if some-how you were personally trying to prove something to me and it wasn't just your character robbing mine. I've thrown my main character (o7 Daniel Nordson) at bandits all the time, to create roleplay. And with the smallest amount of effort and care, you can make robbing someone a really fun experiance.

That being said, you didn't care about the players. You acted as I perceive 15 year-olds' to act, and that's to feel entitled to roleplay, without roleplaying yourself.

It's no secret that you only play for script items-

Murdering people with mutants, then going to pick up their SWEPS, afterwards on a human character.

Resorting to Rp_changemenu to get out of a situation.

Chasing a specific character down to try and take the same item twice, after the first time had resulted in your death.

I knew that no matter what I roleplayed. No matter what Legit Muffin roleplayed. You'd power-game, meta-game and God-mode, just to take our items. For the one time I should be banned, I challenge you with the three times you should've been banned. And I expect many more people have had a less then stellar encounter with you.

Tl:Dr, He had given no choice to Andrew or Dallas, on the sole fact that he had run up behind them using the W and shift key. He then, all but told me not to roleplay at all and just die. Combine soldier hides his script playing tendencies, systematic meta-game, and loopholing under a thin veil of "roleplay". Just to save Legit Muffin some time, and let him carry on with his roleplay- I blasted Combine Soldier in the face. Punish me as you wish, I'm not that sorry I did it.

Don't think it'd be worth a week but probably a bam for some amount of time..also the first time I've seen the person requesting the ban get bashed that bad in the first post.

Even if the victim is a thief/murderer/druggie/prostitute/child molester, it doesn't make the suspect free of all charges. What the OP does/doesn't do is irrelevant, go post a CCC or something if you have something to say.

Right now this ban appeal seems to be in place because Combine didn't get his way.
K33f3 has a valid point. You hardly roleplay Combine, and when you do its full of quick sentences and emotes. Step it up man, take time and pride in your roleplay, don't rush it for a glorious AK47 and a sunrise.
Although, it still is RDM. But for this occasion I'm willing to ban both k33f3 and Combine.

GeneralNonsenze said:
Right now this ban appeal seems to be in place because Combine didn't get his way.
K33f3 has a valid point. You hardly roleplay Combine, and when you do its full of quick sentences and emotes. Step it up man, take time and pride in your roleplay, don't rush it for a glorious AK47 and a sunrise.
Although, it still is RDM. But for this occasion I'm willing to ban both k33f3 and Combine.

What do you mean I didn't get my way?

e;

This ban appeal is in place because Raygin told me to post it.

combinesoldier188 said:
What do you mean I didn't get my way?

e;

This ban appeal is in place because Raygin told me to post it.

What surprises me is that you'd step over the critiques of your roleplay, but I digress. When people want to do an action, you cut them off. You type shorter /mes and crank them out before people have fully reacted. You restrict people's ability to represent their characters fairly (even if the situation they're in isn't fair, which is encouraged due to the setting). In essence, power game, which is used to obtain a certain outcome by influencing other people's roleplay forcefully.
You also have trouble grasping that IC and OOC are different things. Even if my character is being gang-banged by seven different bloodsuckers, I myself- as a person, should be able to represent my character to the letter. Calling out insults, pleading for my life, biting and scratching, whatever. Essentially, any outcome that could've happen in-character, was nulled, because YOU YOURSELF, didn't want it to happen. You forced death, using your character as an avatar, rather than reacting to unexpected circumstances.

I tried to do something and you went "lolno" in L-OOC, and wouldn't continue RP unless you had gotten your way. I waited for you to call an admin like you said you would, but you didn't. It wasn't until I had RDM'd you, did Raygin come into the scene.

You should also do a bit of reading,

http://taconbanana.com/vb/showthread.php?47816-Good-Writing-The-Official-Guide

http://taconbanana.com/vb/showthread.php?39614-SRP-new-player-guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread