Muah

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectRandom

Zealot
Dec 18, 2012
Players Name: Muah
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36561329
Reason for ban: RDM. I was having an argument with Toast and his friend Muah, and I admit I was kind of rude during this. I later apologized, to which Toast responded with a sweary rant. I guess I deserved that, but seconds later Muah sniped me from afar. He then grabbed all my guns and left the server.
Proof:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903265683771080379/396BC7CC35B706FA834EE79E236AF8B46448B268/

What would you like to see improved:

Muah banned for RDMing me.

Oh, they also nabbed my guns and disconnected, so I'd like to have them refunded.

In the interest of full disclosure, here's the logs of Project Random refusing to RP anything he disagrees with, flaming, god-modding, and metagaming (that is, taking IC factors OOC, not the typical OOC factors IC). As IC background, Alexei and Hanako were lurking around Fairy muttering in a foreign language, and then Alexei aimed a sniper rifle at Fairy from the top floor of the house in Loner Town. If Muah is banned for killing him, I think it's only fair that he is issued with punishment as well.

** Fairy pops up from the stairwell, weapon trained on Alexei. **
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] rping here so you can see
Alexei Strganskov: Yeah, uh, what's up?
** A pair of rounds are deposited in Alexei's chest. If that doesn't take him down, a third is emptied into his dome in classical Mozambique fashion. **
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] this is conditional
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] i just dont like writing "attempts"
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] What firearm are you shooting?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Whoops, sorry: I'll add that.
** The rounds are 9x39 mike spun out of a 156mm barrel. **
** One round hits the scope on Alexei's rifle, the other sinks into his kevlar. His rifle comes to bear towards the random psycho's chest, and he lets off a round at him. **
** Hanako taking a side step to her left, in quick reaction she lifts her SR25 towards Fairy, her finger on the trigger.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I should note that 9x39 pierces kevlar.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Yeah
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Like a hot knife through butter.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] But
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] What about the bullet striking the scope, that fine with you?
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Not all kevlar, actually.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I mean, realistically, it would go through and nail him, but I'm fine with it missing.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] 9x39 can pierce just about any form of bodyarmor barring titanium plates at this range.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Kevlar and ballistic plates? No.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Yes, my friend.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Ah-nope.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I didn't do this to get into an arguement about ballistics.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Then void it.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] It's pointless anyways, your character attacked for no reason.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Are you willing to void aiming at my character?
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] for no rasian
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I wasn't aiming at him.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Wel,l to be frank
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Im p sure he didnt rp raising it
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Most people don't RP anything on this server, so I don't know.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I was looking through the scope, the gun wasn't pointed at you, I was using the scope to see if you were the person I'm looking for.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] That is considered aiming, Alexei.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Maybe RP asking why I was pointing instead of just brainlessly shooting at me?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] My character operates under the assumption that you don't aim at anything you don't intend to destroy.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I really don't care.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Okay. Could you RP the ballistics properly please?
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] How about you do?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] 9x39 is designed to pierce steel at 400 meters.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] This is 5 meters and shoddy, low level armor.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] You know what, I'm voiding aiming at you, you suck at RP anyways.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Okay.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] uhm
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Now fuck off.
** Mina high-steps over Commando's cratered body and appears at the top of the stairs holding a PPsh.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm not here, Smiffy. I suck at RP.
Mina: [LOCAL-OOC] fuck you
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Indeed you do.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I don't understand why you're so mad at me now.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Because you're a stupid fag.
Fairy (jerkbox): [TO ADMINS] hey is there an admin on
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] I sure loving my anime...
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Imma just
[PM TO Hanako] could you explain to this man what 9x39 does
[PM TO Hanako] you seem relatively level headed
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] I mean, to be fair
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] For both parties
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm really getting tired of people roleplaying unrealistically egotistical maniacs, I look down a scope, and you don't even check to see if I RP'd it, you just walk in and start shooting.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] 9x39 is a pretty strong round, not only that, I went away from cover to take aim at Fairy
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Please go.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] can we be fair guys
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I would like to be fair but he's being pretty mean to me OOC.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] omg theres werid things in my water i feel sick now
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Because I don't like your roleplay. Just accept that and leave.
Mina: [LOCAL-OOC] does it work that way? i dont think it works that way.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] We could just void the whole thing
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] whats the point agruing
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I'd like to continue.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm not continuing.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Can we count your character as dead then?
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Nope.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Hanako, your input on this?
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Honestly, I don't want to side with anyone. But I want to be neutral as possible. The fact is, yes a 9x39 is a powerful round, also the fact is that you did fire three rounds at his chest, the other fact is that no matter what, now this is my imo, both parties will not come to a ... how you saay, fair game ,you know? now ICly your character shoots first and ask questions later ok thats ic, but before hand you could've also pm'd Alexei asking if he was ICly point a firearm at him. But, it was pretty dumb to point a weapon in town at another stalker, even if it meant it was not to harm that said person uh, i think we should just void this or take few steps back before you shots the man i dunno im just saying words
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] cmon guys rp is supposed to be fun and fair
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] not to be the biggest dick in the universe, rite?
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] amirite?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] im fine with the rounds not killing him
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] guys?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] like i said directly after my first post
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] But you want me to not shoot back and have you ultimately win, right?
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] thats not the point
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] the point is
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] the point is
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] I did also draw my weapon on Fairy after he shot you
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Usually, in combat, he who strikes first wins. That's not to say my character's about to execute you. That's not to say Hanako isn't about to return fire.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] That's also not to say that the RP is over.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] It's over.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] But if you're refusing to play, then I think we'll continue with you being dead.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Heh, no.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Are you okay with that, Hanako?
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I don't consent to that. So no.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] The man is refusing to RP.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] but im not admin
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] let me call admin
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I told you I voided my aiming at you.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] no fucking admin
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] After cursing at me for a minute straight. Now I want to continue this.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] It's such a stupid, minor detail to get into all this over. It's voided.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] It was my action, I'm voiding it.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] honestly at this point, this is a shitfest and to stop a shitfest and more bickering is just to void the whole thing, imo thats what I seem fair.
Mina: [LOCAL-OOC] i dont think it works like that
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] It's hardly a stupid matter to aim at someone and not expect consequences.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Because if Alexei did die, I would have to shoot you Fairy
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm fine with that.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] That's what I signed on for.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I lowered my gun when you turned.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] god damnit u guise
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm not quite sure you understand the expectation of how to handle a firearm and not have people think you're about to pop them.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Like, it's a very universal rule not to aim at things that you don't intend to destroy.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] You guys could both just injury rp
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Granted, your character might not grasp that, but I'm sure you can get the concept.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Oh my god, seriously? No it isn't, sniper rifle scopes are used for scouting all the time in the military.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] And everywhere else.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Alexei, lets be realistic here. If someone was to point at me with a rifle, even with a scope..
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Don't you think that seems a bit threating?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Speaking from experience, Alexei, that's not true.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] It is true.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] So I guess in context the person that you pointed at had no intentions what you were doing
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] His first reaction would've probably been "This guy wants to kill me."
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Not when they lower the weapon the MOMENT they start to turn around.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Especially after having those same two people walk by them muttering inquisitively in a foreign language.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Its the same thing as being a Police OFficer, if someone points a fake replica firearm or not, the officer needs to use force to incapicate the shooter
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Because the guy doesnt know if its real
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] No he doesn't.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Are you just denying everything now, Alexei?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] lol
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Uh, no. Officers are supposed to talk people down first, shoot second. I don't really don't want to get into an argument about how dumb US police officers are, because it's completely irrelevant.
[PM FROM Hanako] oh my god.
[PM TO Hanako] jesus
[PM TO Hanako] im sorry for breaking your rp up i feel bad now
[PM TO Hanako] not on his part but like on yours
[PM FROM Hanako] would you shoot first if a person pointed a firearm at you, as a police officer
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I want to void my action, but I have a feeling if I try to do that you're going to be a dick go and make an OOC post saying ** Alexei gets killed blah blah blah, without my consenting to it.
[PM TO Hanako] as someone that trains regularly with police officers: yes
[PM FROM Hanako] I would to.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] what
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] That's usually how it goes.
Mina: [LOCAL-OOC] thatd be ic
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I mean OOC as in on OOC chat.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Global OOC.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm not following you anymore, man.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Okay, so I'm going to void my aiming at you. But I have a feeling that when I do, you're going to go // ** The man in Loner town was killed, and wasn't able to resist.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] What?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Why would I do that?
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Because you're stupid?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Oh, I see.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Good, good.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] ICly it is also technically your fault Fairy, you did see Alexei point a firearm at you, and you reacted. Now, there's a gap where you enter the building we were in. At first, maybe you could've said something like, "Hey, drop your fucking weapon" Or, "Hey, why did you point that weapon at me?" Something along those lines
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] but just saying, even though it s ic
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Yes, I agree.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm sorry for swearing at you, but I've had about six people do the exact same thing you're doing today so it's getting old. Please can we just void it and move on with the passive?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] There is no difference between "passive" and "active" RP.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] And maybe if people keep on doing this to you, you should stop aiming at them.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] Except I'm talking about "passive" and "combat".
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I don't RP any different in either circumstance. My RP remains constant.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] I don't aim at them, I'll say that they shot at me for much more minor offences, like walking near them.
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] So you're projecting your frustration on someone that's trying to work with you IC, and treating me like I'm my character?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm I understanding you correctly?
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Work with you OOC, I should say.
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] No, I'm saying I didn't expect you to flip shit and shoot at me over this, so I'm asking to void it because I don't feel like doing this right now.
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] so did you guys watch that new Kill la kill episode...pretty intense..
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] I'm not flipping shit. My character is flipping shit because it is a paranoid, PTSD riddled, jumpy schizophrenic that's heavily armed.
Mina: [LOCAL-OOC] i watched the first today. ive been putting it off to try and clear out my backlog
Mina: [LOCAL-OOC] couldnt resist though. shits halarious
Fairy: [LOCAL-OOC] Would you like to continue the RP?
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC] Yeeahh..
Hanako: [LOCAL-OOC]
Alexei Strganskov: [LOCAL-OOC] No[...]

Your guns weren't nabbed. They were deleted.

not to be a dick but you can't just void things your character did when they produce negative consequences

ie i wouldnt be allowed to stroll into loner town, kill everyone and snatch their shit, and then void it when i find out that the entire server is hunting me
its not of the same magnitude as what you did, sure, but you should get the point

i dont know who muah is or who he plays as in those logs, but killing you was obviously not the right thing to do -- however, i certainly do understand his motives when i go through the logs above. does that make it ok? no, of course not, and it's up to the srp admin team to figure out if punishment is fitting or not

technically, a rule was broken, but when rules are broken in response to other rules being broken it can get rather difficult.
just my drunk ass two cents

Well, colour me an advocate of defending roleplay principles over the rules which are meant to protect them, but I'd say Muah should be given a prize for withstanding that torrent of shit for as long as he did, and that this guy who plays Alexi should be dealt with. Between the two of them, I'm fairly certain the latter is the true threat to roleplay. What did Muah do to stall or ruin roleplay? Nothing. He shot someone who was being a complete spergoid. They weren't RPing. They were having some kind of logical fit in LOOC, not to mention trying to avoid RP and flaming Toastmatic.

Do you have any idea how much you shot yourself in the foot by posting this? I mean, doing this shit is pretty common but it's rare we see someone who thinks it's a good idea to try to get someone ELSE banned because they were a moron.

When there was no admin on, what were they to do? Alexi probably should have died. If the guy had RP'd it as a wounding hit then sure continue the roleplay, but that's not what happened. He forfeited his right to be part of the narrative when he so firmly decided to back out of it. Any sane admin would have taken Muah and Toast's side in that argument. Unfortunately, there were no admins on, so they took it into their own hands. Again, what principles were broken? The rules about S2K stand to avoid situations where RP is disrupted because of people firing sweps - I should know, I wrote them. This was not what the rules were designed to deal with. This is where common sense and judgement come into play, and that is exactly what Muah displayed - common sense and judgement.

Also:

ProjectRandom said:
Oh, they also nabbed my guns and disconnected, so I'd like to have them refunded.

MASTbi3.jpg

Sorry, I've been waiting to use that one for a while.

I can't believe you treated them like shit the way you did.

This is now a ban request on Project Random.

RDM is never excusable regardless of how difficult the players you're having issues with are.

At the same time, refusal to RP is a pretty severe offense and I expect we'll be looking deeply into this thread over the coming hours to determine a just solution.

Could possibly call for a re-roleplay of the situation while having an administrator over watch it. Someone who will treat both sides equal. Though this highly depends on the parties involved...

I realize I was difficult, but Fairy came up to shoot my character based entirely on the fact that I raised my script weapon at him while his back was turned for a millisecond (to get a better look at him, not to take aim at him). He never messaged me to ask whether or not this was intentional or whether I planned to roleplay it, I just wanted to get a better look at the character honestly. Maybe that was my mistake but that seems a rather minor transgression to jump into this whole scenario. He seemed intent on getting my character killed though, so I tried to RP along with it in the end (yet another bad idea). He argued in LOOC with any RP I tried to put up, accusing me of "god modding" or whatever. I wasn't doing that, I was just trying to get this over with because I wanted to get back to the passive RP I was doing and never intended to get into this whole thing in the first place. Muah didn't show any common sense or judgement at all. I apologized for my treating them badly, and they ranted at me then RDM'd me and deleted my guns.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up banned because of the community's general wanting me to be banned, (this isn't a ban request on me, Mogwai, stop trying to hijack this thread), but at least give Muah a punishment for RDMing me and then deleting my script items without any roleplay. People are going to call me a "scriptplayer" for showing one iota of care for my script items, but I don't care because I know that doesn't make me a scriptplayer. At any rate, I'd had bad experiences with Toast in the past and I'd gotten fed up with dealing with their antics, so I opted to void my raising my gun even when it wasn't really IC in the first place. Again they insisted that I get killed, and seeing that this wasn't getting anywhere, I concluded the conversation and refused to deal with them further, having already wasted 30 or so minutes of my time putting up with them. Yeah, I get that I was a jerk, but that doesn't excuse them RDMing me and deleting my shit.

There's a thing you should learn.

This is the Zone. People here die everyday, you can't trust of your friends because you can find your back stabbed any time. What fairy did was just self defense. You could've took the scope off and looked trough it. (OOCLY roleplaying doing the action and then pressing + if you really needed to zoom) If someone pointed a sniper rifle, or whatever was it, at my character, the first thing he'd do is shoot, disable the suspected hostile, then explain carefully why he shouldn't do that by simply breaking every bone of your character. This is just an example, not a threat. What Fairy did was completely legit, as she could've feared getting shot by an hitman, or a bandit, or whatever she had in mind that time.

Plus, a void must be accepted by both parties involved (as stated in the rules, if noone changed them), you can't just do a stupid action, realize that it was stupid when you get shot by three 9x39 and decide to void it. RDM is an offense, yeah, but refusal to RP is an offense too.

EDIT.

Even saying in OOC "Hey guys I'm looking trough a scope, not IC" would've been a thing to do, to at least warn people that you weren't going to roleplay shooting at someone.

To clarify, I am Fairy, and Muah is another player that saw the travesty and acted of their own accord. My OOC name was jerkbox at the time. And Project, you don't need to warp what was said and done during the incident when the logs of me pleasantly trying to negotiate with you are right above your post.

I mean, come on, lol. People here aren't that dense.

Also I was the one that deleted your item, not Muah. This may be an aside, but what were the bad experiences you had with me in the past? I'm just curious. You can PM me if you don't want to distract from your thread's intent.

Having read ProjectRandom's interpretation of the logs I now see that he was in the right and Muah sand Toastmatic should be banned.

Thank you for your insight.

Actually, I don't think I was completely in the right. I was rude, I was having a bad day and it was my fault for being on the server in that state. And yes, I should've noted it was an OOC scoping. Albeit these were human errors and not deliberate rule breakings on my part, they are what they are, and I'm sorry. However, I don't think it was necessary to RDM me and delete my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread