Mingerunning Then DCing to avoid RP [Richard Wilson]

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxFatalitiesxX1

Nov 23, 2014

• What would you like to see improved: I would like to see the admins take care of minges faster please that would be great.

I mean, he obviously had no intention of RPing, but your /me isn't much better. It reeks of powergame and gives little room for him to respond.

Art said:
I mean, he obviously had no intention of RPing, but your /me isn't much better. It reeks of powergame and gives little room for him to respond.

He was already banned so......

Do people not make attempts anymore in combat RP? What ever happened to attempting to do something instead of typing out a /me with 3-4 separate actions in it.

"attempts" and "would x" fell out of style with a lot of people because it was, admittedly, really awkward when read back. After you read "Johny Rebel attempts to throw a punch at his abdomen" for the sixteenth time you're liable to off yourself as a mercy killing. Nowadays people try to be a little more clever with how they word their emotes, generally by commiting the action ("Johnny Rebel throws a punch for Gordon Frohman's abdomen,") but leaving the result up to the other player. New players who see this don't grasp that subtlety, probably.

Fatality, however, isn't a particularly good example of emote trends. He very much falls into the new player who doesn't grasp subtlety category and he very much powergamed that other player with his emote. I'd say running if you're being forced into an action is probably not entirely unreasonable.

As for you, Fatality; admins aren't there at your every whim. Expecting them to deal with things faster isn't realistic. That's why the ban section is here, and you clearly found your way to it.

I always type /me would, if I do any roleplay that someone else could interrupt/intervene.

The emote you did was pretty powergamey but the guy shouldn't have minge ran off and instead asked you to rewrite your emote.

Not surprised, this has happened to me too with this Richard kid...

Pruney said:
I always type /me would, if I do any roleplay that someone else could interrupt/intervene.

The emote you did was pretty powergamey but the guy shouldn't have minge ran off and instead asked you to rewrite your emote.
If he had asked I would have been happy to change it but he just ran [I dont think he ran because of that, I think he is an enormous minge as he was yelling "MALIGNANT" at CPs and things like "I HEARD THAT MAN HAS 8 WEAPONS" before I had even met him and the reason I /med that was because earlier he said he was gonna "Fill me with lead". As I said before, if anyone asks me to change a /me I RPed I will do so happily.]

yeah typically you give room for response in any /me, clearly you left him with nothing when you slammed him and took out your scalpel and put it to his throat at the same time

You gotta give as much as you take in roleplay, otherwise roleplay doesn't fundamentally work. Its a dance that requires two. Remember at the end of the day you're stealing items from a human being, someone that spent money on or earnt those items. You need to give room to response and in turn they'll give you room for response but if you just go up and force them into a corner a panicked player is going to only see one option: Disconnect.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread