Marco Tortilla

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K33f3!

Leave me alone
May 25, 2011
  • Players Name: Who cares.
  • Steam ID: You'll find it.
  • Reason for ban: Second Degree Prop Murder
  • Proof: It'll turn up.
  • What would you like to see improved:

It was a standard work event ripped straight out of George Orwell's 1984, everything is going as usual. You had the edgy edge lords with nicknames like Sneaker, Ven, and Frag, and a whole bunch of upstanding roleplayers all L-OOCing as they waited around for the units to search everybody and for the foreman to start getting the show on the road.

The foreman in question Marco 'generic Guido last name here' wasn't having any of it from me, apparently, and forcefully removed me from the work event via heavy prop to the head. I had not stopped roleplaying at this point, in fact throughout the whole LOOC fest, I was one of the four people still interacting with others as my character. So I thought, alright fine, whatever, shenanigans, it happens. There's no salvaging anyone's immersion with a gaudy foreman and edge-master supremes.

I come back, still roleplaying, when Marco tries to heavy prop me again. I'm ready for him this time though, this wily fuck. Eventually, he takes it upon himself to dictate that his character would have my character removed from the work event. So fine, if he doesn't want me to RP around him, I can deal. But then he PMs me, "if you won't leave OOC I'll have to make you leave IC." I had already left the building at this point. And seeing that obviously, he's confused his IC position as something tangible, I walked back in to take him down a few notches in a way that'd maybe get him to re-asses his entire stance on the issue.

I'm banned by Xari, which I'm okay with. That's what the administration is for. the oblivious and blind lower management. In all seriousness, yeah dicking around comes with that risk.

But thanks for pulling me aside to talk, instead of pulling the trigger right away without waiting for an explanation.

Digression.

Why is it okay for him to murder me with props, but it's not okay for me to murder him with SWEP? Nobody batted an eye when he dropped a 9000 pound bottle of bleach on my head.

He told you to stop spamming LOOC and you continued so he had you removed, then you came back and gunned someone down.

Everyone was spamming L-OOC. It was a sea of L-OOC. Everyone was waiting for the event to start, I'm not very inclined to just sit there, staring at my screen, doing nothing like a lobotomized autist. I was talking to my fellow autists, who in turn were talking back.

Sleeves said:
He told you to stop spamming LOOC and you continued so he had you removed, then you came back and gunned someone down.
Another person gunned the down, I think.

• 1 OOC should not dictate IC.
  • 2 No pseudo-adminning
  • 3 LOOC should really fuck off during events, half the time people spam up the chat log with dumb shit and it breaks immersion. Imagine if OOC and LOOC were turned off, how much more IC everybody would be.

I warned you to stop spamming looc. You stopped briefly and started again. My 8000 weight bean can met it's first unfortunate victim.

Then you uh... came back, no collided the door and shot me with an assault rifle.

Take a break, man. Go play some shoot shoot games.

I give my ULC staff full leave to remove people for being OOC dip shits with any mechanism available to them.

If you're going to be an asshat in OOC we have no need to tolerate you and have it make our experience all the more negative by letting you remain. Its a pain in the ass enough to try and run an event let alone deal with the shit that happened there such as this.

Probably would have been better to crowbar you or something but still, don't be a dip shit and you won't face removal from events. Hell you got it off better than some people at events I ran.

Billy Herrington said:
I warned you to stop spamming looc. You stopped briefly and started again. My 8000 weight bean can met it's first unfortunate victim.

Then you uh... came back, no collided the door and shot me with an assault rifle.

Take a break, man. Go play some shoot shoot games.
You warned me specifically out of a sea of literally 10+ people who were also speaking in Local Out of Character. You beaned me in the middle of an emote, then when I came back to continue roleplaying you tried to bean me again, so I simply moved every time you did. Then, to make sure I understood your authority, your character had mine removed. You literally removed me for speaking out of character with everybody else. Then you PM'd me, solidifying your disgusting attitude of letting OOC bias influence your IC decisions. That is when I came back in to shoot you, after you DM'd me once, and tried to again-- and failing that removed the wall between IC and OOC to remove me from the roleplay; for something that can be fixed by simply clicking a tab on your chat window. If you find hard to do selective, color coded reading-- if local out of character is too distracting for you attention deficit inflicted brain, then just click the fucking IC tab.

Th3 R3ap3r IX said:
if local out of character is too distracting for you attention deficit inflicted brain, then just click the fucking IC tab.
You can't hide LOOC with the IC tab. That is why shitting up the LOOC is such an issue to some, because it can't be hidden.

FeuerSeer said:
I give my ULC staff full leave to remove people for being OOC dip shits with any mechanism available to them.

If you're going to be an asshat in OOC we have no need to tolerate you and have it make our experience all the more negative by letting you remain. Its a pain in the ass enough to try and run an event let alone deal with the shit that happened there such as this.

Probably would have been better to crowbar you or something but still, don't be a dip shit and you won't face removal from events. Hell you got it off better than some people at events I ran.
Yeah, except I was one of four people actually roleplaying waiting around for Civil Protection to finish searching everybody. And if your ULC staff are the ones being jackasses, then why aren't players allowed the same courtesy? Is there something so great about creating an event, that 3/4 of the players tolerate going through just to get script items?

karkatsface said:
You can't hide LOOC with the IC tab. That is why shitting up the LOOC is such an issue to some, because it can't be hidden.
Then learn how to do selective reading. It's something they teach you in tenth grade.

I'm curious what gives the ULC the right to kill OOCly and take things into their own hands

don't we have admins

Admrive said:
I'm curious what gives the ULC the right to kill OOCly and take things into their own hands

don't we have admins
combinekyle6892 said:
  • 1 OOC should not dictate IC.
  • 2 No pseudo-adminning
  • 3 LOOC should really fuck off during events, half the time people spam up the chat log with dumb shit and it breaks immersion. Imagine if OOC and LOOC were turned off, how much more IC everybody would be.
And my post was rated dumb,

im just curious if what keefe was doing was any different from the other people that were using looc

When I told everyone to quit spamming looc, he was the only one who didn't stop and seemed to make it a goal of his to be the single most obnoxious person in the building.
I'd have grabbed logs but the ban seemed to resolve the issue.

Well'b. If he was being a nuisence in the work event, and was requested to leave, the foreman should have contacted the administration rather than forcefully removing him from the event. That being said, it was his event, and just because you got removed from it doesn't give you the right to come back with an assault rifle. Not to mention your OP oozes with notgivingafuckitis. My children, this is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread