Kiwi - Drone Removal request

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutsy

Sep 7, 2018
OOC Name: Kiwi
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:80557216
Character Name: T-804.1095
What happened: Drone engaged in S2RP with intent to win with PI/PK. Engaged incorrectly and proceeded to cause issues when I asked for more information about the RP so I could respond correctly.
Time it happened: 1010 NZST
Pictures/Proof:

I am calling for the removal of Kiwi's drone flags due to a recent encounter with his 804 in which he went against several Drone 101 guidelines

1. "Being the enemy" , since we were in cover before we came out. Radio Silence and had changed channels by a previously established radio protocol to avoid detection the 804 was waiting at the construction sight. Already looking at us and looking for a kill or Permanant Injury via Sniper RP

2. "COMBAT , S2K , S2M"
It states that the standard is always S2M, so in opening fire then calling us back afterwards he had initiated S2M. Yet proceeds to be an unpleasant person to deal with in regards to his request and response.

He opened the engagement by S2M'ing with a 80 Watt.

Illaoi Vani: [OOC] Yeet yeet skeet I'm audi
T-804.1095: [OOC] stop moving nibbas
Player ttv/mutiebootie left the game (Disconnect by user.)
T-804.1095: [OOC] s2rp you smoothbrains
John Vargus: [OOC] You know you don't shoot, the ngo stop moving.
John Vargus: [OOC] That was stupid. Considering most people engage in S2K via that.
T-804.1095: [OOC] head back to where you were before you went up the stairs
E-Sgt. Percy Mandeville: [OOC] I'm there.
[275 MHz] Cpl. Makayla Murphy:
T-804.1095: [OOC] also, if you really want to s2k an 80watt be my guest
E-MCpl Jeanne Black: [LOCAL-OOC] The Audacity of this Motherfucker
John Vargus: [OOC] Rather then have that attitude, how about you accept the information and learn from it.
(T-804.1095) [EVENT] ** A beam of sizzling energy arcs down from above as a congregation of world-weary soldiers exit the skeleton of a gas station. **
John Vargus: [OOC] That us?
T-804.1095: [OOC] Ok Sir John Vargus Please forvibe me m- master!
E-MCpl Jeanne Black: [LOCAL-OOC] Yes
John Vargus: [LOCAL-OOC] Don't think this 804 knows what i'm packing.
E-MCpl Jeanne Black: [LOCAL-OOC] Look, if you want to leave me to save your skin, go ahead
E-Sgt. Percy Mandeville: [OOC] Vibe you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
John Vargus: [LOCAL-OOC] Nah, i'm not stupid. There's more then one exit.
** John Vargus drags Black back from the Veranda. "Fuck me." he says as he pulls her backwards towards the rear exit.
[275 MHz] E-CWO. Kyle James: What's happening?
[PM to T-804.1095] Actually aiming to hit us, or was that something else?
E-MCpl Jeanne Black: Can- I... just catch a break today..... please god
** E-MCpl Jeanne Black talks to the sky
E-Cpl. 'Ghost': [OOC] Night guys, liked the RP
Player Cheeki Breeki left the game (Disconnect by user.)
E-Sgt. Percy Mandeville: [OOC] Ye, that was fun, y' puppet
[PM from T-804.1095] yes
[275 MHz] Rct. Albert Miller: Get ready to fire Murph.
[PM to T-804.1095] Aiming for the clear target or the fuzzy target?
[275 MHz] Cpl. Makayla Murphy: Ready.
T-700.9943: [OOC] Is Kenny on by any chance
[275 MHz] E-CWO. Kyle James: Someone tell me what's going on.
Player Geemanona has joined the game
[PM from T-804.1095] whoever is in the lead
[PM to T-804.1095] Neither of us, we're side by side. Supporting eachother.
[275 MHz] Rct. Albert Miller: Pulled back. You do the same.
[275 MHz] Rct. Albert Miller: Pul bacj to the statue.
[PM to T-804.1095] Wounded.
[275 MHz] E-Sgt. Percy Mandeville: [WHISPER] Well I'm in the beehive, my hand is stuck right in. I hear the honey as it flows. . .
Player Potato has joined the game
Cpl. Makayla Murphy: [OOC] **Murphy raises up from behind the wrecked bus. Her MK14 rifle raise and poised. She aims towards the 800 on the rooftop, her shots pinging in it's direction.
[275 MHz] E-CWO. Kyle James: What the fuck Mandeville?
[PM from T-804.1095] then it wouldnt matter
E-MCpl Jeanne Black: [LOCAL-OOC] Well, I guess we've got TC on our side. Despite the orders not to work with them
[PM to T-804.1095] What? How does sit not matter?
T-804.1095: [OOC] gonna have to hold on because as per usualy gutsy insists on arguing and debating every single aspect of s2rp
Cpl. Makayla Murphy: [OOC] no problemo
John Vargus: [OOC] Im asking who the fuck you were aiming at.
[PM from T-804.1095] jfc dude its not that hard just roleplay it out
[PM from T-804.1095] EVERYONE else can do it
Rct. Albert Miller: [OOC] ** Leaning around the corner, the old man brings his rifle to bear. He unleashes a volley of rounds up towards the roof while screaming at the top of his lungs, "Oi! Down 'ere y'fuck!"
T-804.1095: [OOC] you. i am aiming at you
John Vargus: [OOC] Na, Ah, don't call me out over OOC because your RP does not have neough information on it.
John Vargus: [OOC] Allright thankyou
Pfc. Laurie Enfield: [OOC] Please PM each other 😔
[PM to Pfc. Laurie Enfield] I was Pming him, he chose to take it to OOC.
[275 MHz] E-Sgt. Percy Mandeville: [WHISPER] There's one bee that keeps stinging me. . . it's tending to the honey. . . if it left the beehive I could take the honey. . .
[PM from T-804.1095] it doesnt matter because the 80w bolt melts anything in a 12 inch or so radius
[PM from T-804.1095] even near misses are severe burns
[PM to T-804.1095] I know im just doing my emote. You just want to PK people I get it.
[PM from T-804.1095] sure
[PM from T-804.1095] this isnt the first time ive had problems with you jfc
[PM to T-804.1095] Be more fucking descriptve.
[PM from T-804.1095] that emote is good enough for anyone but your stuck up ass
[PM from T-804.1095] shut up and roleplay
T-800.6624: [OOC] timescale?
John Vargus: [OOC] As Vargus and Flament support eachother out of the Convenience store an 804 waiting for them fires a beam down at them. Aiming for Vargus at this distance the 804 fires at the target that is Fuzzy for some reason. The 80 Watt Bolt slams into the man's left upper thigh as he steps out to exit the Convenience store.
Player Fat Toke left the game (Disconnect by user.)
Player Fat Toke has joined the game
[PM to T-804.1095] Then don't throw shade like a little kid and fucking wait.
[275 MHz] E-CWO. Kyle James: Location?
T-700.9943: [OOC] Is there a timescale or can we introduce ourselves
Rct. Albert Miller: [OOC] there is a massive timescale i think
Rct. Albert Miller: [OOC] so keep back for now
T-804.1095: [OOC] ** Flesh hisses away as the limb's severed, the sniper preparing for another shot. Murphy comes to their rescue, 7.62 sparkling off its slender frame, coaxing the machine off its perch and onto the precarious steel beams behind it.
T-600.5841: [OOC] ** The T-600, spotting the 804 firing makes its move around the sewer to the position to assist (won't actually come over until the timescale is done.)
[PM from T-804.1095] im sick of you doing this literally every time anyone wants to rp with you
[PM to T-804.1095] That's better, no. That's what I wanted.
[PM from T-804.1095] i notice it. other people notice it. instead of telling me to "fix it", fix yourself
[PM to T-804.1095] Like, read mine dude. You can clearly see that I state clearly my action. Then left it to you to judge the result.
[PM from T-804.1095] you arent some bastion of quality roleplay. everyone else makes due, and you always find something to cry about
[PM from T-804.1095] shut up and roleplay for the 100th time
T-800.6624: [OOC] how many emotes til timescale is up
T-804.1095: [OOC] give it 1 more
[PM to T-804.1095] You want me to continue RPing in OOC or localise it? Because I was doing a /me?
Cpl. Makayla Murphy: [OOC] **Murphy, after firing along with Miller, goes to run after having lost eyes at the machine. She goes to sprint off for now, huffing.
[PM from T-804.1095] i dont care just fucking do it
Player Geemanona has joined the game
Player 173.9 Gamer FM has joined the game
[275 MHz] E-Sgt. Percy Mandeville: [WHISPER] Perhaps if a threat was drawn closer to the beehive, the bees would swarm in a preemptive attack before their attackers could reach the hive, but one behind the three might at that point be able to secure honey from the vacant beehive. . .
Player Gunter the Penguin has joined the game
(John Vargus) ** Vargus' Cries out as he drops Flament from her shoulder, what's left of his upper thigh jerks around as he attempts to move the phantom limb. Flament, using Vargus for support would fall his way as her support is removed and they fall into a smoking mess against teh mall. **
Player Gunter the Penguin has joined the game
[PM to T-804.1095] OOC name by the way?
[PM to T-804.1095] ** Vargus' Cries out as he drops Flament from her shoulder, what's left of his upper thigh jerks around as he attempts to move the phantom limb. Flament, using Vargus for support would fall his way as her support is removed and they fall into a smoking mess against teh mall. **
[PM from T-804.1095] i dont see why thats important for s2rp
[PM to T-804.1095] Wall *
(John Vargus) ** Wall* **
[PM to T-804.1095] It's going to be important later, i've made my action.
E-MCpl Jeanne Black: Jesus- H- CHRIST! JOHN!
] +duck
[PM from T-804.1095] have fun making your ban request or whatever lol
(E-MCpl Jeanne Black) ** This time it was Flament's turn for a rescue, she hooked her arms under Vargus's shoulders attempting to drag him deeper into the store **
T-804.1095: [OOC] ** The glimmering black endoskeleton forces itself off the beam, catching the adjacent ledge in a shimmering display of acrobatics. It heaves itself up and over the side, having done its damage.
Player Cri left the game (Disconnect by user.)
T-804.1095: [OOC] alright ppl are good to join in now
T-600.5841: [OOC] **The T-600, seeing the 804 leave, would turn down the street to meet up, yet...The moemnt it turns its head, its Targetting Finder sights two Organics hiding on the wall. Immediately, it switches priorities, and the two hiding in the 7/11 could hear the bot say <:: "TERMINATING." As its minigun would spin and start firing at their position, the T-600 making its advance towards Vargus and Jeanne!

I would also call for our injuries to be Voided due to this stupidity.

How would you rate your interaction with this Drone?

Last edited:
i'm sorry if I came off abrasively. the reason I didn't specify where the shot landed was because that's considered powergame by 99% of this community. every single time i've had the chore of engaging in s2rp with you, it's been a shitstorm of looc and pms which historically ends in you either voiding everyone's actions because they dont live up to your standards of roleplay, or drawing it out to the point where an admin ( Wiz Wiz ) has to take time out of their day to babysit a play-by-play interaction between your character and others. if you expect me to assume a friendly and cooperative attitude off the bat, don't open by calling my actions stupid or inadequate. to put this into perspective, i presumed you would react to the first shot as you pleased, then we'd play it out dynamically from that point. i dont want to pk people's characters. my main character is in tc. it never occured to me that you felt i was trying to purposely kill your character, especially after you took the shot yourself and my drone left the area rather than investigating further.

I'm still confused as to why the 804 would shoot at a fuzzy target but -shrug- most people would say that this kind of opening as soon as they stepped out of a building is power game. There was no intent to miss, no warning, the initiation was not done by the book. It seems you have a problem with me because I would like a more detailed experience so I can Role-play properly in response. Which is why I was giving you the information so you could work on your own action. Instead you chose to attack me instead. I know why you did what you did, and for some players that may be acceptable. But I was not the only target. As you saw by my acceptance of the shot and how I was Rping after that. I am not trying to Delay RP to win. I am trying to Roleplay Properly, that takes time sometimes. If you are trying to rush it to a conclusion without description or for the enjoyment of the role-play itself then I would ask why you are attempting to engage in S2RP in the first place?

ghillie suits are not magical invisibility cloaks. at that range, your character is just a guy wearing a ghillie suit. in addition, if what you told me was true and your character and their partner were supporting eachother, then it wouldnt have mattered as the 80watt fills the boots of a plasma anti-material rifle in most cases. both characters would have been effected had it made contact. i have a problem with you because every single time i attempt to engage in roleplay, you insist on using every little detail you can call up from the depths of your imagination to your advantage, and leave me with an actual, physical throbbing headache. collaborative writing isnt about who wins or how the engagement goes down as much as it is what you and your characters can get out of it for sake of enjoyment and development. i wont try to convince you im not out for blood because there's obviously nothing that will change your mind, but i'll reiterate that the entire reason i left my initial emote somewhat open-ended was so that your character and his companion could react with more flexibility and widen the scenario apart from "gets shot and falls over" or, "misses entirely and goes back inside the station" the reason i countered your "try and fix your emote" argument with what you perceived as a personal attack was in fact trying to bring to light (albeit violently) bring to your attention that myself and numerous others have had similar problems with you in the past.

Sorry, Her then. Doesn't change the content of the complaint though but thank-you for correcting me.

ghillie suits are not magical invisibility cloaks. at that range, your character is just a guy wearing a ghillie suit. in addition, if what you told me was true and your character and their partner were supporting eachother, then it wouldnt have mattered as the 80watt fills the boots of a plasma anti-material rifle in most cases. both characters would have been effected had it made contact. i have a problem with you because every single time i attempt to engage in roleplay, you insist on using every little detail you can call up from the depths of your imagination to your advantage, and leave me with an actual, physical throbbing headache. collaborative writing isnt about who wins or how the engagement goes down as much as it is what you and your characters can get out of it for sake of enjoyment and development. i wont try to convince you im not out for blood because there's obviously nothing that will change your mind, but i'll reiterate that the entire reason i left my initial emote somewhat open-ended was so that your character and his companion could react with more flexibility and widen the scenario apart from "gets shot and falls over" or, "misses entirely and goes back inside the station" the reason i countered your "try and fix your emote" argument with what you perceived as a personal attack was in fact trying to bring to light (albeit violently) bring to your attention that myself and numerous others have had similar problems with you in the past.

You're right, it's not. But you also didn't state whether you were firing at the fuzzy target or the clear target. You just stated "You" which with the rest of your interaction there shows certainly a personal bias in the matter. You left your original emote open ended, which is why I clarified with an (Aiming to hit) question. Because I felt that if it was a near Miss you would of called Bullshit simply because you're an 804. From what you are saying about an Anti Material Rifle then there's no middle ground between "Gets shot and falls over" or "Misses entirely and goes back inside the station" There's no reactions we could of made to your RP at all and anyone looking at that can understand that. It's not an issue of Power-game that is being presented here. Could you suggest one?

"He opened the engagement by S2M'ing with a 80 Watt."

^Good opening to the engagement.

That aside, regardless of Gutsy's past track record in RP scenarios you shouldn't be crass with him right off the cuff Kiwi.
It raises eyebrows of why you bothered to do this RP with him in the first place then. (Thanks for trying to make some spicy RP on your 804 though <3)

I'm all for voiding this situation altogether because it had a bad taste to it from the get go, but I'm against Kiwi losing her 804 flags.
Next time either of you clash like this in an RP scenario just call an admin and get it voided because there's no way this could have ended well once the sassing started.

"He opened the engagement by S2M'ing with a 80 Watt."

^Good opening to the engagement.

That aside, regardless of Gutsy's past track record in RP scenarios you shouldn't be crass with him right off the cuff Kiwi.
It raises eyebrows of why you bothered to do this RP with him in the first place then. (Thanks for trying to make some spicy RP on your 804 though <3)

I'm all for voiding this situation altogether because it had a bad taste to it from the get go, but I'm against Kiwi losing her 804 flags.
Next time either of you clash like this in an RP scenario just call an admin and get it voided because there's no way this could have ended well once the sassing started.

I'm for that as well, maybe it would be wise for me and Kiwi to open mediation outside of combat as well to figure out what each-other expects? For the future. I am also being inconsiderate in asking for removal of flags off the get go since there's a reason the strike system is in place and I forgot about that.

Not sure if I can put much input in this, but here goes.

This just looks like an unfortunate setup is all, which happens to everyone when trying to make events. I doubt it was in their intent to hunt out you specifically. From the looks of it, nobody was controlling the use of OOC and it doesn't help your case or anybody's case to flame people over it. It's best to remain immersed, and not take things personally otherwise it devolves into situations like this. I understand this as well, since I've tried to make events for TRP, and there's nothing more infuriating than people commenting constantly about stuff over OOC, or not taking it seriously at all.

All in all, roleplay is creativity for some, and when you start being cynical over it, people will act personally against you, that's just my viewpoint.

in all honesty i didnt know it was gusty until all of this "detail" business started and it came flooding back to me.

in all honesty i didnt know it was gusty until all of this "detail" business started and it came flooding back to me.

I just like as much detail as possible, not so I can out-think you but so I can immerse myself in the reaction you know? One liners really get me....... Hell even a smaller amount like "An 80 Watt Barrage is sent towards the (Description of what they can see of the target) I'm an older role-player who likes to put some detail into his RP for others enjoyment as well. Good example of this was afterwards during the medical RP with Ambrose I role-played Residual ionised plasma cooking off in the marrow, releasing bad smells, damaging the bed and all sorts of stuff. Because it helps people get immersed in the environment. Rather then just me arriving with an amputated leg with cauterized plasma burn, boom and done. /me medrp's.

You both come off as dicks to be honest, a little patience goes a long way. Jumping to name calling and snide comments in gooc within the first exchange of emotes is pretty childish and disrupts the flow of roleplay for everybody around you. Next time take a breather and try to put in perspective how asinine and time wasting it is to argue over semantics in a gmod rp server. Go with the flow and try to make the experience enjoyable because situations like this get tiresome quick, and nobody will want to interact with someone who's known to cause hissy fits over emotes.

Seems to me like you were both in a bad mood before getting on the server and it translated into this spectacle that's been blown out of proportion. I don't think anyone needs to be punished because like I said earlier this is a hobby for most of us and you shouldn't take it so seriously. Now kiss and make up kiwi kiwi Gutsy Gutsy

You both come off as dicks to be honest, a little patience goes a long way. Jumping to name calling and snide comments in gooc within the first exchange of emotes is pretty childish and disrupts the flow of roleplay for everybody around you. Next time take a breather and try to put in perspective how asinine and time wasting it is to argue over semantics in a gmod rp server. Go with the flow and try to make the experience enjoyable because situations like this get tiresome quick, and nobody will want to interact with someone who's known to cause hissy fits over emotes.

Seems to me like you were both in a bad mood before getting on the server and it translated into this spectacle that's been blown out of proportion. I don't think anyone needs to be punished because like I said earlier this is a hobby for most of us and you shouldn't take it so seriously. Now kiss and make up kiwi kiwi Gutsy Gutsy

Wasnt in a bad mood until someone fired off a few S2M rounds then calls for S2RP, was in a bad mood after that. Because if you don't run in S2M you get killed.

Wasnt in a bad mood until someone fired off a few S2M rounds then calls for S2RP, was in a bad mood after that. Because if you don't run in S2M you get killed.

S2M is typically a precursor to S2RP. Most times the terms are interchangeable. If you're in S2RP you S2M because you're creating the atmosphere of being shot at without S2King them.

It's easier to shoot near someone as an 804 and type up your emote after. People move quickly in gmod and it doesn't correlate well with typing speed and the distance sniper drones are at- speaking from experience.

Being shot at is a cue for me to get into cover/run. From that distance Kiwi could see my name so rather then asking me to just simply come back they initiated S2M and then flung insults while trying to get us to return. That is poor player engagement. If you want respect, give respect. The opening dialogue was very disrespectful and unfriendly.

Being shot at is a cue for me to get into cover/run. From that distance Kiwi could see my name so rather then asking me to just simply come back they initiated S2M and then flung insults while trying to get us to return. That is poor player engagement. If you want respect, give respect. The opening dialogue was very disrespectful and unfriendly.

John Vargus: [OOC] Rather then have that attitude, how about you accept the information and learn from it.

I think you should take a note from your own book right about now.

Yes Kiwi was being a bit of a prick, sure, but this is the internet and you should be used to abrasive personalities by now. Reacting in such a volatile way and disrupting the entire attempt at RP isn't conducive to the server and I'd argue it's a poorer example of "player engagement" than someone telling you to hold still to RP without asking politely.

i'm sorry if I came off abrasively. the reason I didn't specify where the shot landed was because that's considered powergame by 99% of this community. every single time i've had the chore of engaging in s2rp with you, it's been a shitstorm of looc and pms which historically ends in you either voiding everyone's actions because they dont live up to your standards of roleplay, or drawing it out to the point where an admin ( Wiz Wiz ) has to take time out of their day to babysit a play-by-play interaction between your character and others. if you expect me to assume a friendly and cooperative attitude off the bat, don't open by calling my actions stupid or inadequate. to put this into perspective, i presumed you would react to the first shot as you pleased, then we'd play it out dynamically from that point. i dont want to pk people's characters. my main character is in tc. it never occured to me that you felt i was trying to purposely kill your character, especially after you took the shot yourself and my drone left the area rather than investigating further.

I wasn't even online. Do you have me mixed up with another admin?

Got why I was summoned cleared up.

Gutsy Gutsy you need to be less combative when it comes to S2RP. It isn't enjoyable to RP with someone who puts up a fight every time they get shot at. You've done this to me in the past during the NR plotline and I had to babysit you and someone else for two hours do to the amount of bickering on your end.

kiwi kiwi You also need to chill out a bit, you didn't improve the situation. I'd probably be pretty ticked off if I was in Gutsy's boots myself. As enraged said don't let past experiences and issues get the better of you. Let it go and talk it out.

Got why I was summoned cleared up.

Gutsy Gutsy you need to be less combative when it comes to S2RP. It isn't enjoyable to RP with someone who puts up a fight every time they get shot at. You've done this to me in the past during the NR plotline and I had to babysit you and someone else for two hours do to the amount of bickering on your end.

kiwi kiwi You also need to chill out a bit, you didn't improve the situation. I'd probably be pretty ticked off if I was in Gutsy's boots myself. As enraged said don't let past experiences and issues get the better of you. Let it go and talk it out.

I can see why you are saying that, we had alot of issues with the NR plot-line with some weird shit as well. I didnt help the situation yet I was not the only one really really not liking the whole NR plot-line In the end we just removed ourselves from the situation until the NR plotline was resolved.. That being said it is true to the mission statement that was done in the server where it stated humans were both the protagonist and antagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread