Jerkbox

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Zealot secretly likes afrojack
May 23, 2011
This is honestly wasn't what I wanted to start out my HL2RP experience with. I was having a great time roleplaying and discovering until this incident happened. It angers me deeply this has happened, and I am seeking something to be done about this.

I was passive rp'ing with a few people in the center of victory city on rp_apocalypse today, when a new player with a quite obvious non-rp name showed up.

This new player arrived, and I began to help him. I informed him politely through LOOC that his name was not proper for a serious roleplay server. I could sort of tell that he wasn't really aware what this type of server was, most players with names like his think it is some sort of dark-rp / semi-serious server (I still try my best to educate them anyway). I began to collect my thoughts to attempt to teach him about the serious side of roleplay, and what TnB was all about, when he ran away from my area towards another group.

I began to type to him to come back over in /pm. I had planned to take him somewhere secluded so I could educate him. As I was typing, he ran into a building that the player "jerkbox" (apparently this is oocly toast, unconfirmed) was using for roleplay to give people tattoo's. It was called "Stik n' poke" or something like that.

I was still typing to the player in /pm when shots ring out. I knew exactly what was happening, as it had happened to me the day prior.

The day prior... The door to the building jerkbox owned was stuck, so I was attempting to move some props around to attempt to get it to close. Jerkbox instantly assumed I was trying to fuck with his stuff with malicious intent, and decided to deal with the situation by shooting me with his script weapon. I was quite upset at this, but he soon realised his mistake, and apologized. I let it go at the time, it wasn't a big deal to me then. I don't have proof for this, but I have a witness. Levinx can confirm this happened, he was with me at the time. http://steamcommunity.com/id/zombie1012/

Back to today, my suspicions were correct when I looked at the console. According to jerkbox, this new player was physing his stuff, though it was all welded and he really couldn't of done any damage to it at all. Instead of dealing with the situation by calling an admin, or attempting to talk to him to try and get him to stop, he decided to rdm him with his swep. This happend three separate times, within a span of two minutes.

I myself attempted to call an admin to the situation, as I knew it was going to get out of hand very quickly. Apparently Bennet was the only administrator on. Unsurprisngly, !a yielded no results. I went to Bennet on SF personally to report the issue, yet still nothing was done, except to ban the player for 60 minutes after he had become greatly agitated from being killed by jerkbox. He was spamming props.

I have logs below:

In this first picture, I will admit my choice of words probably did not help the situation. I was rather upset after he had done it a second time, and the fact no administrator was assisting.
x1u0VEn.jpg

Sometime before this, the player was banned for 60 minutes after I told Bennet to ban him for prop spamming. It was a lost cause, nothing really could of been done to calm him.

I proceeded to talk to jerkbox through PM, expressing my frustration. I did my best to be polite to him, not wanting to cause an argument.
My responses are indicated in red.

IB66XF7.jpg

This next part leaves me scratching my head. Apparently i'm a bad person because I listen to electronic music. I only use ventrilo to socialize with my friends there, I avoid using it to metagame. I often sit by myself anyway in the TRP channel. Idk about my RP though, I don't know what he really means.
I decided to leave the argument here, nothing constructive was going to be made from what had already been stated.
My responses are indicated in red.

RlzKUFE.jpg

First of all, the way this entire situation was handled by jerkbox leaves me very disappointed. People have reacted this way to new players consistently over the years within TnB, and it doesn't improve TnB's image one bit. As I said earlier, I've worked very hard over the years in TRP to try and make the new player, even if they have an unserious name, try to feel welcome. If I feel that serious roleplay is not for them, I will inform them of that politely, and recommend another server that they might instead enjoy. I frown greatly upon any form of RDM'ing or banning of a player without having to at least try to welcome them/educate them. It infuriates me deeply.

I also wish that RDM, especially towards the new player, is taken more seriously within the administration. I respect Bennet very much, I have known him for nearly five years, but his lack of action (at least that I could see on the surface) towards jerkbox left me un-impressed.

I wish to see jerkbox punished. Not for flaming me, but for RDM'ing a new player. As I said before, and in the screenshots, I did not want to have to make a CCC/ban request over this matter. I like to resolve conflicts without making a big fuss or shout about it, but I feel that justice was not delivered today.

Testimony from a witness, Xeanos:

f7vTR6F.jpg

A ban isn't necessary in my opinion, jerkbox can easily learn not to RDM new players.

jerkbox said:
[youtube]tKi9Z-f6qX4[/youtube]

I was kinda' hoping for ghosts n' stuff, or maybe Aviritia

Seriously though, your reply is ludicrous.

dunjam said:
A ban isn't necessary in my opinion, jerkbox can easily learn not to RDM new players.

I feel a ban is necessary though. This is blatant. It seems his go to for issues is to rdm someone, or attack them verbally.
His reply alone leaves me with the impression he doesn't give a shit or not if he's banned.

The dude was banned for mass propspawning and being a shitler. I think you're fighting the wrong corner.

how is it not worth a ban dunjam the kid's clearly being a cock for no reason other than to be a cock

i realize we're supposed to help new players settle in but it was really clear that this specific individual wasn't going to stay to rp here. some just don't belong.

this whole thread seems like a way for nathan to glorify his ways of helping others. but then again jerkbox you fucking asshole, russ made a thread about how s2k is really something not to be done on hl2rp so we avoid it becoming a part of everyday things like on srp.

Krinkles said:
The dude was banned for mass propspawning and being a shitler. I think you're fighting the wrong corner.

He started prop spamming after having been rdm'd by jerkbox. Before, he was acting passively. He was confused. He wasn't trying to intentionally be malicious.

I dunno. I barely know him. I just think that for RDM, a ban isn't really needed, that's all. But seeing as he did verbally insult people (now time for people to scream at me and call me a hypocrite) and take the piss out of your favorite music genre for no reason, I suppose that a ban is needed, or at least a warning.

If I walked into a roleplay area and started physing things around, even as an established player, I'd expect and be completely fine with getting blown away. For that to come from a dude with a retarded name, mass propspamming and acting griefy as shit? Yeah, nitpicking. You come across as backseat adminning, which, come to think of it, I think we had a similar conversation about like three years ago.

If you !a and receive no response within a few minutes then honestly you have little recourse other than to take matters into your own hands. RDMing people for fucking with your stuff isn't an appropriate response, but if it gets them to stop than it's preferable to waiting for an admin response that never comes -- especially when admins across all TnB communities are notoriously shitty at responding to !a's.

e: toastmatic, it'd be nice if you could stop shooting people with sweps for real or imagined offenses against you. I feel like you've gotten accustomed to doing it and feel like there won't be any consequences because you never really are punished for it. I understand that you feel like it's your only choice when you have no admin response, but honestly, it never really solves the issue; I remember a situation at SRP when you did it and the person ran back repeatedly and you kept shooting them and the only thing it accomplished was a massive multi-day shitfest.

e2: It's not the obligation of the player to teach people how to roleplay.

That guys sole purpose was to minge. He ran around spamming props and fucking about. He came on without a serious name even though the intro says have a full name and he managed to pass a quiz. Gives him no excuse to fuck around the way he did. He was just kept at bay by Toast for the admins to deal with his ass.

Looking back now that the dust has cleared, and after googling the new players steam id and looking at all his past offences with other communities, it's obvious he wasn't there to roleplay, or attempt to learn how to. It's upsetting it happened this way, but shit happens. Really I guess toast had no choice than to kill him, but I feel he could of at least tried to reason with him. I was upset it had to be done this way, which is why I've made a fuss about it.

To Toast: I really don't know what you have against me. All that shit you said was ridiculous and wasn't necessary. I don't recall interacting with you on TRP icly or oocly extensively. Maybe a few times our characters ran into each other, but no event sticks out to me. You weren't even around for that long, I don't think. I honestly hardly know you.

e2: It's not the obligation of the player to teach people how to roleplay.

This is true, but I really hope people lean towards teaching rather than brushing them off. Brushing them off won't get us new players, or help our reputation. Search "TnB' and "TaconBanana" in facepunch and see what i'm talking about. Situations like the one this thread pertains to is documented throughout several threads.

It's not obligated for players to teach others how to role play - but good luck attracting new players if you're just going to RDM them for not knowing what to do.

jerkbox said:
can mods stop deleting my defenses?

thanks??

What defenses? All you've posted so far is video's of deadmau5, since deleted.

I really would like you to reply to this though, out of anything:

"To Toast: I really don't know what you have against me. All that shit you said was ridiculous and wasn't necessary. I don't recall interacting with you on TRP icly or oocly extensively. Maybe a few times our characters ran into each other, but no event sticks out to me. You weren't even around for that long, I don't think. I honestly hardly know you."

you were part of the vent-cru-trp-circlejerk that actively prevented my assimilation into the community and its rp and the only rp i ever saw you provide was half witted and mostly for the ooc "lulz", if you weren't just prop pushing people, running in circles, and just chattering in local ooc and shitting up my screen

you also worship a mediocre artist, but that's not your fault

jerkbox said:
you were part of the vent-cru-trp-circlejerk that prevented my assimilation into the community and its rp and the only rp i ever saw you provide was half witted and mostly for the ooc "lulz"

you also worship a mediocre artist, but that's not your fault

When you say "vent-cru-trp-circlejerk" I think you mean the people whom I liked to talk to through VoIP that i've known for several years. I don't know how that makes me a bad person. I never used ventrilo to metagame, I strayed away from gossip for the most part.

I don't know how I prevented your "assimiliation" into the community, and I don't even know what vent-cru I was apart of. Perhaps it was your attitude/actions that prevented you from "assimilating" into the community.

Sure, it can be agreed that I'm unserious at times, I acknowledge this. I like to have fun, I like it when other people are having fun. Once again though, you never really roleplayed with my character. You never spoke with me. I do roleplay. You didn't know my character, you don't know me. You never attempted to know me. You made assumptions.

if you weren't just prop pushing people, running in circles, and just chattering in local ooc and shitting up my screen

If you make me out as bad as you say I was/am, I probably would of been banned a long time ago. There's no serious CCC's against me, or ban requests for that matter.
There's some complaints with my leadership in SkyNET, but that is a different issue.

I think we are done here, unless anyone would like to post a deadmau5 video, or toast here wants to post more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread