J0shwa

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Zealot
May 24, 2011
Players Name: J0shwa (Richard 'Ricky' Sullivan)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:96755948
Reason for ban: Admittance to statwhoring, punchwhoring.
Proof:
66b16e97a4.png

What would you like to see improved: They were permanently banned and unbanned with exception. Perhaps that should be reconsidered.

It seems like Oracle was a tad agressive, but it certainly isn't acceptable for people to think that punchwhoring is acceptable. There should be a punishment handed out, perhaps a perma is excessive however.

It seems like Oracle was a tad agressive, but it certainly isn't acceptable for people to think that punchwhoring is acceptable. There should be a punishment handed out, perhaps a perma is excessive however.

They were given exception and blew it. And I don't think they deserve respect tbh.

A lot of people statwhore and don't admit to it. Rebels do it, cops do it. If you don't do it you'll get destroyed in S2K by people who do.

A lot of people statwhore and don't admit to it. Rebels do it, cops do it. If you don't do it you'll get destroyed in S2K by people who do.

so that makes it okay? some people seem to find it easy to forget that we're on a fucking roleplaying server. instead of shooting their gun constantly or punching people, maybe the people doing this should spend their time developing their writing skills and their characters, it'd be a lot more productive than "training" for a sub par FPS game. seriously, how much of a sperg do you have to be to spend your time doing stupid shit like "target practice" instead of actually roleplaying, something you're supposed to be coming to the server to do.

I dunno if he does, but I have seen at least two occasions of units statwhoring (mostly by roping a prop to a wall and letting loose on it) but I'm not going to report them because I'm not a gentleman and it's retarded that we don't get a base-stat boost to begin with.

do you have proof to back up your atrocious claims of cops doing it

You can ask McDougal that during his time in the CCA it was accepted as a normal practice to set up props attached to the ceiling via ropes and unload on them all day to grind ones aim stat up.

That feature was removed but it's still possible to grind ones aim stat on NPCs or other players.

That being said I don't think it's actually something worth punishment so I've never seen fit to take screenshots or logs.

mcdougal here that's true
while it doesn't work anymore i'd see people just set up hanging props and shoot them for like an hour with the ic excuse being 'training'

so that makes it okay? some people seem to find it easy to forget that we're on a fucking roleplaying server. instead of shooting their gun constantly or punching people, maybe the people doing this should spend their time developing their writing skills and their characters, it'd be a lot more productive than "training" for a sub par FPS game. seriously, how much of a sperg do you have to be to spend your time doing stupid shit like "target practice" instead of actually roleplaying, something you're supposed to be coming to the server to do.

Given the CCA (which is supposed to be at least moderately trained in the use of firearms and has access to better equipment) is at a serious disadvantage when S2King against certain AC figures due to maxstats/donation weapons or whatever it's a necessary evil. We're not all out to find S2K, a lot of the time it's brought about by more trigger happy elements of the resistance. Personally I'd prefer stats to be gone altogether but that's unlikely to happen.

i was perma banned for being someone's alt, later on i get proven innocent. either way it was a quick fight which didn't even last, i stopped simple as that lol.

I know half the community who stat whore with admin knowledge, banning someone lesser-known for the same reasons just reinforces how shitty the community enforces rules.

If you have a rule, punish everyone who breaks it and admins who choose to overlook it.

I know half the community who stat whore with admin knowledge, banning someone lesser-known for the same reasons just reinforces how shitty the community enforces rules.
If you have a rule, punish everyone who breaks it and admins who choose to overlook it.

you know it'd really help if these "widely known" things were actually brought to my attention so i can do something about it

J0shwa said:
i was perma banned for being someone's alt, later on i get proven innocent. either way it was a quick fight which didn't even last, i stopped simple as that lol.
i never said you were proven innocent i simply thought giving you a chance since we weren't sure wouldn't hurt

and now we're here

If stats are considered a huge nuisance that many people believe ought to be removed or made equal for everyone, then what harm is there really in the stat farming itself? Sure you can still enforce all the other rules that protect roleplay but suppose if the server is empty. What harm does it do?

If your concern is the degeneration of roleplay then perhaps it would be better to start reworking the hunger bar, because right now there's metric assloads of people just food and aimstat whoring the antlion spawns in caves. Not to mention that the higher the hunger bar the lower some stats are like speed, which is extremely convenient to move around hugely large maps like the coast or canals to get to your RP destination.

Is it fair to punish people who revolt against this anti-RP system?

Im just going to point out that since I've been in NLO there has always been at least one person doing "target practice." On bottles or the straw targets. Always always at least one, unless COTA are in server

I admit I screwed up, lately I've been having bad luck, I'll refrain from doing that but I was practicing with my friend and i apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread