Information Half-Life: New America - Announcement

Owain6521

XCCR Ration Hoarder
May 30, 2011
Losing them in a boating accident.

Burying them.

Storing them in some of the most unlikely locations nearby.

It's really not that hard.
you successfully have a hunting shotgun

it's a shame all the military caches were taken in though

balwew

Unverified Alt
Mar 29, 2020

I don't think anyone is trying to say they'd have military grade guns day one.

But the entire means of "resisting a tyrannical regime" is the basis of upgrading or just replacing your weapon with the enemies weapon anyways. There's more ammunition of whatever they have compared to what someone else would.

Now I'm sure that goes against the eternal mentality of Gmod servers with people donating for their dumb larpy weapons, but mp7s would probably be the most common gun on the black market given its used by the brainless patrols of the CCA.

ALSO; Will the server finally be using csgo assets like trp does?

Cindy

Roleplay Department Administrator
Nov 30, 2015
Identity
She/They

Puffin Puffin is a god among men rn.

Making the media team was probably one of the best things to happen to TnB cause I don't think we'd be anywhere near the amount of new content we're getting this iteration you guys. Just seeing the shit get made makes me giddy.

Sep 22, 2012

You successfully hid that m1911.

You then go and shoot a COTA or CCA in the back of the head, take their shit and run.

Congratulations, you have a military grade weapon.

I don't think anyone is saying, "Oh, there is going to be tons of military weapons around." Its just, with a setting like America, you have to be prepared for the very real conversation of... America has a fuckton of guns, some studies even putting it at 1 unregistered firearm per person who lives in the country. Other studies aren't nearly as extreme of course, but... We got millions laying around.

Puffin Puffin is a god among men rn.

Making the media team was probably one of the best things to happen to TnB cause I don't think we'd be anywhere near the amount of new content we're getting this iteration you guys. Just seeing the shit get made makes me giddy.
Vort RP basically getting a shot of the good stuff in the arm from this absolute fucking madman.

Owain6521

XCCR Ration Hoarder
May 30, 2011
I don't think anyone is trying to say they'd have military grade guns day one.

But the entire means of "resisting a tyrannical regime" is the basis of upgrading or just replacing your weapon with the enemies weapon anyways. There's more ammunition of whatever they have compared to what someone else would.

Now I'm sure that goes against the eternal mentality of Gmod servers with people donating for their dumb larpy weapons, but mp7s would probably be the most common gun on the black market given its used by the brainless patrols of the CCA.

ALSO; Will the server finally be using csgo assets like trp does?
what i'm getting at is that with regular transfers, the time between now and the war, and all sorts of factors, it's unlikely that many people would be able to recover weaponry they've concealed, if it's even in any state to be recovered

Memed

Mar 24, 2018
Identity
TankNut didn't leave us to die....he left us so that others may take his place and shine in the light.

Cindy

Roleplay Department Administrator
Nov 30, 2015
Identity
She/They
Csgo assets please.

Please.
Talked about it in planning and although it's free we'd be adding yet another game that players would need to download in order to play on our server. CS:S, EP1 and EP2 are already required because those are just so fundamental to any sort of mainstream gmod content at this point but when thinking big picture those games do contribute to our server's content size- something that I've had to ask Scott and Erkor to keep in mind with their packs as much as I'd love all the bells and whistles.

There's a lot of great stuff in CS:GO but its just not gonna make the cut. We're gonna throw in Torrington map content though so there's going to be a lot of good resources for American props.

Cato

Zealot
Jun 3, 2016
Identity
Talked about it in planning and although it's free we'd be adding yet another game that players would need to download in order to play on our server. CS:S, EP1 and EP2 are already required because those are just so fundamental to any sort of mainstream gmod content at this point but when thinking big picture those games do contribute to our server's content size- something that I've had to ask Scott and Erkor to keep in mind with their packs as much as I'd love all the bells and whistles.

There's a lot of great stuff in CS:GO but its just not gonna make the cut. We're gonna throw in Torrington map content though so there's going to be a lot of good resources for American props.
THANK YOU TORRINGTON CONTENT.

mooch_

May 8, 2016
Identity
how did i genuinely predict this with out logging onto discord or steam once. for my next trick i return to the admin team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)