Freeman - metagame to avoid PK

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
give him til 5 PM EST this afternoon to post and then make a decision without his two cents, if he feels the need to explain himself after the fact he can do it a CCC. i expect to be able to get back the equipment on his character that belongs to duty though.

give him til 5 PM EST this afternoon to post and then make a decision without his two cents, if he feels the need to explain himself after the fact he can do it a CCC. i expect to be able to get back the equipment on his character that belongs to duty though.

Pirate and I already discussed it, I'll talk to you in sf.

the equipment on his character would probably wind up in the hands of the people who were about to kill him, in all fairness

Thats not how it works, even with a PK there is limits on what and how much can be taken. I'm sure Freeman will put his side of things forward just give him a chance too. If OOC action is still required then it can be discussed.

Here's what I'll do. I'll accept the pk on Jsgt/Mudpie. I have a single request and that's that Duty gets replacements for the suits and equipment on me if they're taken.(or atleast some of it) I'll also not be making a new duty char or anything like that.

or duty can choose to roleplay this as a significant blow and warn against it's members venturing off into the swamps alone when half of lonertown wants their heads

whatever's not taken by the pking loners due to the pk looting rules (assuming they kill him when it's roleplayed out) should be deleted, if it went back to duty that'd be considered looting too

or duty can choose to roleplay this as a significant blow and warn against it's members venturing off into the swamps alone when half of lonertown wants their heads

whatever's not taken by the pking loners due to the pk looting rules (assuming they kill him when it's roleplayed out) should be deleted, if it went back to duty that'd be considered looting too

Up to the staff which you choose to do, I'm fine with either. I was only requesting it if possible(I wasn't demanding that it happens)

Considering that both factions got the short end of the stick with this faction hopping scumbag, pirate and I resolved the issue ourselves as per transparency agreement between faction leaders.

I'll mention one thing, I was only a Freedom member once. I don't know where people got the idea I was in Freedom twice on the character.

Considering that both factions got the short end of the stick with this faction hopping scumbag, pirate and I resolved the issue ourselves as per transparency agreement between faction leaders.

say that up front then, instead of tossing ratings around and expecting people to jump to conclusions

i talked with pirate about it, im fine with what's been worked out

In summary (since tami won't let it go until I make a public post because apparently everyone has to know this) Duty's current leadership doesn't consider Freeman's Duty recruitment valid in the first place (bailol was unaware or did not care that Freeman was faction hopping). They aren't pushing to have it voided but they are helping mitigate the disproportionate damage it's caused by returning the Bulat. In return we're returning the equipment they issued him, which will be going to Masha first since she was on-scene for the trap.

This is the most palatable solution anyone could think of and unfortunately it's one of those things where OOC has to affect IC for the best possible longterm result.

Last edited:
i am unsatisfied that there was no public apology from freeman regarding this considering it was so blatantly malicious that not even he could defend himself

but that's just coming from a dude that read this thread

Freeman: lul

I'll mention one thing, I was only a Freedom member once. I don't know where people got the idea I was in Freedom twice on the character.

I forgot to reply to this but it had been explained to me that you went from Freedom to Duty to Freedom to Duty again. Even if you've only been in Freedom once you still went Duty-Freedom-Duty which is a massive ideological metronome as the factions are diametrically opposed at almost every point. While I won't pretend to be familiar enough with your character to pass an entirely fair judgment my opinion from looking at this on the surface is that you are swapping factions at a whim, essentially changing your character massively each time (by throwing away all of his friends and ideological convictions) but trying to hold on to your script progression. I can't think of anything that would have pushed Mudpie out of Freedom and into Duty on an IC level so that's the next best explanation I can offer.

Last edited:
I forgot to reply to this but it had been explained to me that you went from Freedom to Duty to Freedom to Duty again. Even if you've only been in Freedom once you still went Duty-Freedom-Duty which is a massive ideological metronome as the factions are diametrically opposed at almost every point. While I won't pretend to be familiar enough with your character to pass an entirely fair judgment my opinion from looking at this on the surface is that you are swapping factions at a whim, essentially changing your character massively each time (by throwing away all of his friends and ideological convictions) but trying to hold on to your script progression. I can't think of anything that would have pushed Mudpie out of Freedom and into Duty on an IC level so that's the next best explanation I can offer.

idk what u expected out of a mustang member

but if u wanna take it ic, you didn't hear it from me but that mustang allegiance is a good place to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread