Freeman - metagame to avoid PK

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate

friend
Sep 8, 2011
OOC Name: Freeman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:44149338
Character Name: Yuri Kazmir
What happened:

Mudpie (Yuri Kazmir) stole a SKAT from Freedom -- well, was allowed to keep it because he told Albatross he was going "soul searching" and would need it in the Zone -- and promptly switched to Duty. This is the second(?) time he's done this. I have some concerns with a stalker repeatedly deciding to murder his friends but we'll pretend that is an IC issue and move on.

Through a little recon and detective work my character Masha figured out he'd done this. By this I mean it was painfully obvious when Duty got a new JSgt with a radsuit the day after Mudpie left Freedom with a suit of equal value that he'd done this. She was already suspicious and had said at the time that he was leaving that he was probably just going to defect, so go figure. Mind you I had no idea who Freeman was at this stage but anyway I figured it out and Masha posted a bounty for his capture.

This bounty has been up for a few days with no results, probably because Freeman hasn't been on the character since it was posted. But in any event he got on tonight and was lured out of the base to the gas swamp by Nasca's character Mother (along with her beta orbiters Kad, Leshiy and Viktor) who was attempting to collect the bounty, on the premise of him collecting a repaired suit for a fellow Dutyer.

Masha was contacted and decided to get involved in a disguise so a CS-1 was chosen and I edited my description accordingly. However, there were two snags. One was Ryan's autism:

[PDA - the_leshy]: masha_the_ho this is the 'masha' with the big autobot suit right?i
Leshiy (ライアン): [OOC] oh no.

And the other was the script's:

] rp_changename Corsair
Masha has changed their name to Corsair

That's right, the script brilliantly broadcasts to everyone when a character changes names. I suspect this was responsible for Freeman suddenly changing his mind at this exact moment and sprinting back across the map to the Duty base, declaring that the Dutyer in question never used the suit he was picking up.

He then messaged Nasca on SF...

11:54 PM - Freeman: eh
11:54 PM - Freeman: nice try though
11:54 PM - Freeman: nearly had me
11:54 PM - Freeman: lul

The PDA exchange between Mother and Yuri continued until Freeman noticed me, Ryan, and Benji standing outside the Duty base. It was at this moment that going to bed became a huge priority for him and he disconnected without warning.

11:56 PM - Freeman: lmao
11:56 PM - Freeman: ur guys are walking around the duty base
11:56 PM - Nasca: not 'my guys'
11:57 PM - Freeman: then why is there
11:57 PM - Freeman: pirate renamed (me or my character???)
11:57 PM - Freeman: walking in the duty base

Player Freeman left the game (Disconnect by user.)
JSgt. Yuri Kazmir (SF: Freeman ID: STEAM_0:1:44149338) has left the server
'Mother': [RADIO] //lmfao he just
Corsair: [RADIO] // hahhahahah he disconnected
Corsair: // hahhahahah he disconnected
'Mother': [RADIO] //ur guys are in the duty base !!! and he d/cd
Corsair: [RADIO] // he fucking
Corsair: // he fucking
Corsair: [RADIO] // saw me
Corsair: // saw me
Corsair: [RADIO] // walk in
Corsair: // walk in
Corsair: [RADIO] // and dced
Corsair: // and dced
Corsair: [RADIO] // omfg
Corsair: // omfg
'Mother': [RADIO] //yeah he told me specifically he saw you renamed and then quit

:thonking:

I've been specifically avoiding getting involved in this with Iskra, my merc, because I want to avoid the chance of any possible subconscious conflict of interest on my part. So when a trap is laid and triggered by Freeman only for him to shift+w out of it when he notices a mistyped /msg and a name-change in console -- with nothing that could possibly have caused this change of attitude IC -- I'm happy to throw up a red flag. I think this is a pretty clear-cut case of metagame.

What do I want done about it? I don't know. I guess I'd like to see him banned but I don't see that actually fixing anything on his part long-term. The shit he stole from Freedom is pretty expensive, it's a big hit to our wallet as a faction when we're already struggling. A re-RP in which he's forced to go along with the trap won't be fun for anyone since he'll probably drag his feet and minimum-effort through it, and that's no way to end a character.

I don't know. But I want something done.

Needless to say, this is very frustrating for everyone involved. The equipment in question that Mom was bringing Mudpie actually did exist and was physically on Kad and I's persons as we went to the meeting point. It's a little disconcerting to me that he had apparently been there waiting for us (as he had gotten the directions wrong and sent us to the wrong place) only to abruptly disappear the moment I and another stalker arrived, whom I had originally stated was coming with me anyhow and it wasn't a problem. Nobody else in the area (we happened upon another stalker walking by) had seen him either. I'm a bit confused as to whom "confirmed" to Yuri that the Bulat didn't belong to whom we said it did, simply because he was the only Duty character online at the time and it sounds to me more like him asking someone else on Steam to get confirmation. Or, maybe, it didn't happen at all, and he just made up a reason to cover his ass when he saw Ryan's message and Pirate's rename and booked it.

I too don't know really what to do about this, but it's incredibly discouraging to have over an hour (give or take) of roleplay abruptly end without resolution simply because Freeman is acutely aware of the fact his character is just a character in a roleplay.

Oh, and here's this image of him saying he had to go to bed, and then hopping back online only a few minutes later.

yrkSIVb.png

I guess sleep wasn't so important.

1. IC guards are a thing and it was established between factions at the start. So do not walk into a faction base and say "no ic guards" unless I'm missing the point here and that's okay now. Which, I can assure you it shouldn't be.

Let me add that we know he actually did go to the swamp in the first place before deciding to run away because we have a log of him mentioning spotting someone on the hill with a rifle

11:57 PM - Freeman: but i knew they were on the hill
11:57 PM - Freeman: with DMRs

1. IC guards are a thing and it was established between factions at the start. So do not walk into a faction base and say "no ic guards" unless I'm missing the point here and that's okay now. Which, I can assure you it shouldn't be.

In this case we were really thinking about throwing the IC guards rule (since it's more of an agreement than a codified rule as far as I know) due to the meta in avoiding the trap to begin with. There are also some other factors which would justify throwing it out, but in any case it never actually came up since he DCed to avoid it to begin with.

Namely IC guards exist to prevent factions from raiding one anothers' base with unfairly stacked numbers or at odd hours, not so pariah characters can hide behind them to avoid PKs after cheating out of a valid trap.

Yeah, he sent me the thread afterwards and that's my mistake.

I didn't march into the base either way.

[12:08:17 AM] weaponized windows detours: Cpt. Miron Pavlenko set their PDA name to Mudpie
[12:08:21 AM] weaponized windows detours: :thonking:
[12:08:26 AM] gimp boy: : t h o n k i n g :
[12:08:30 AM] weaponized windows detours: thats his
[12:08:33 AM] weaponized windows detours: military
[12:08:33 AM] weaponized windows detours: leader
[12:08:34 AM] weaponized windows detours: character
[12:08:36 AM] weaponized windows detours: ROFL
[12:10:02 AM] weaponized windows detours: okay so
[12:10:03 AM] weaponized windows detours: he was
[12:10:09 AM] weaponized windows detours: PDA msging ppl
[12:10:14 AM] weaponized windows detours: on his military character
[12:10:24 AM] weaponized windows detours: 1:20:25Evelina Bezborodova(STEAM_0:0:31563380) [PDA-MSG][TO: mudpie]: you shot up freedomers and left for duty, a snake. apparently 01:20:25Cpt. Miron Pavlenko(STEAM_0:1:44149338) [PDA-MSG][FROM: EVE]: you shot up freedomers and left for duty, a snake. apparently 01:20:34Cpt. Miron Pavlenko(STEAM_0:1:44149338) [PDA-MSG][TO: eve]: No? 01:20:34Evelina Bezborodova(STEAM_0:0:31563380) [PDA-MSG][FROM: Mudpie]: No?
[12:10:29 AM] weaponized windows detours: hmmm
[12:11:27 AM] weaponized windows detours: then
[12:11:29 AM] weaponized windows detours: he does it again
[12:11:40 AM] gimp boy: neurons_fired
[12:11:42 AM] weaponized windows detours: i dont get this part
[12:11:47 AM] weaponized windows detours: 01:25:58Cpt. Miron Pavlenko(STEAM_0:1:44149338) [OOC]: on my way
[12:11:51 AM] weaponized windows detours: 01:27:47Cpt. Miron Pavlenko | Freeman | STEAM_0:1:44149338 selected character 'Hinkle'
[12:11:55 AM] weaponized windows detours: 01:27:51'Hinkle' set their PDA name to Mudpie
[12:12:29 AM] gimp boy: nobody checked tab while this was going on
[12:12:39 AM] gimp boy: he may have been using other characters to scout
[12:13:04 AM] weaponized windows detours: yea
[12:13:06 AM] weaponized windows detours: seems like it
[12:13:42 AM] weaponized windows detours: hes switching characters
[12:13:43 AM] weaponized windows detours: A LOT
[12:13:48 AM] gimp boy: do any of them have observe flags
[12:13:51 AM] gimp boy: miron does i think
[12:13:54 AM] gimp boy: idk who hinkle was
[12:14:02 AM] gimp boy: [12:13:45 AM] Nasca: you know what [12:13:46 AM] Nasca: i just realized [12:13:50 AM] Nasca: when i got to the boat [12:13:51 AM] Nasca: and he wasnt there [12:13:56 AM] Nasca: i tried messaging him and it told me the user didnt exist [12:13:59 AM] Nasca: indicating he wasnt online
[12:14:08 AM] weaponized windows detours: ROFL
[12:14:19 AM] weaponized windows detours: yeah
[12:14:20 AM] weaponized windows detours: his military
[12:14:22 AM] gimp boy: holy shit
[12:14:22 AM] weaponized windows detours: has observer flags
[12:14:23 AM] weaponized windows detours: thats why
[12:14:42 AM] gimp boy: hahahahahaha
[12:14:44 AM] gimp boy: can i post this in the thread
[12:14:57 AM] weaponized windows detours: yes

:thonking::thonking::thonking::thonking::thonking::thonking::thonking::thonking::thonking::thonking::thonking:

i don't have the greatest personal stake in this but my goodness is that really taking metagaming some few steps too far. here i thought it was just the typical case of ooc reluctance to lose a character but this man is off establishing a recon network in the meantime.

what now then.

I got back from being AFK and got a message from Freeman (Yuri Kazmir) on my character Blazek, his PDA handle at the time was "Mudpie". It said something along the lines of "I left you something at the boat in the west swamp" so I went to the boat out of curiosity and ended up running into Mother (I'm guessing I was the stalker she ran into?). On my Tab menu, Freeman was on the character Yuri Kazmir. Shortly after I went AFK again. Sadly I didn't take any screenshots because I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Jake Jake maybe you could check the logs and find our messages to help clear somethings up?

I just thought I'd say something because I don't know how Mother couldn't get a hold of him IC if he just messaged me. But then again I was AFK for awhile so I'm not sure how long Mother was at the boat for, before I came back.

Last edited:
Jfc lmao

I'll have a talk with Richard and pirate how it should be handled IC. OOC-wide a ban is not out of the question.

I can assure you, he will be removed from Duty. When you originally approached me with the issue. Dast and I agreed to take care of it. Unfortunately, midterms and writing papers has consumed a majority of my time. This type of behavior should not go unpunished.

im more concerned with him attending the roleplay than him being removed from duty

at the very least he should head back to the swamp and continue roleplaying as if he'd never found that out ooc

It's blatant avoidance of RP (Plus you can't /pda on a completely different character and say it's another).

If freeman /wants/ to continue the RP, then fine but at this point I doubt he will.

On a normal basis I wouldn't post private sf conversations, but I feel as if I've been back stabbed from the looks of this thread.

Maxuma123: We saw you switch from Mud to Miron once another freedomer got on.
Maxuma123: Dunno.
Freeman: yeah
Freeman: what about it
Freeman: i move through all my chars
Freeman: it's not like pda matters
Freeman: it's not tied to the char
Freeman: so lul
Freeman: apparently dinky heard ic
Freeman: the only reason you think the jsgt is me
Freeman: was similair gear and me appearing that dau
Freeman: day
Freeman: dunno where u got that idea
Freeman: i used a psz-10 and ak-107 in duty
Freeman: lul

Just to add onto the already existing suspicion.
Fool me ic, shame on me, fool me ooc, shame on you.

So is he actually going to post here to explain himself or just keep grumbling at people in SF? He was viewing the thread last night but never posted.

Because I asked Jake to hold off on wiping his characters last night until he actually posted just in case I really did miss something important and it turns out to all have been legitimate somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread