Flower

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

Stalker Enthusiast
May 12, 2012
Player's name:
Flower (SSdr. Mikhail Zwattiski)

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:24604993

Reason for ban:
RDM from observe, refusing to RP, intentional disruption of RP, event flag abuse.

Brief explanation:
My Monolith character, Cinseri, had been in the area on RP Garbage between the first and second tunnels, scoping out targets to snipe. Two had already been shot by her hand, one within the trainyard and another at the very end of the first tunnel. Flower put out this emote:
SSdr. Mikhail Zwattiski (Flower): [OOC] ** And so Zwattiski sets out to build a glorious outpost for the motherland
and moved to the top of the tunnel where the second person had just been shot by my character, on the side closest to my character's current position. He began spawning and placing sandbag props. I responded by having my character take a shot at him. The RP is in the screenshot. He makes a smartass response about not being IC, so I declare the fortifications must not be IC either, and remove them. From observe, Flower guns me down after insulting me in OOC using /ev.

Proof:
C278A54496A85B989F6C3E432F0C93DBB6ABFA55

What would you like to see improved:
Permanent removal of Flower's observe and event flags and implementation of the customary 24-48 hour ban for unwarranted RDM at minimum. He knows better.

He makes a smartass response about not being IC, so I declare the fortifications must not be IC either, and remove them.
That's a perfectly reasonable excuse to remove Flower's props in my opinion. However, these situations can sometimes be mixed up for when people are building they're considered OOC, yet they're just pausing the timescale to continue the roleplay after they've built. Perhaps he meant he was not IC whilst he was building the sandbags.

Triangle said:
Perhaps he meant he was not IC whilst he was building the sandbags.

I suppose the only thing wrong with that is he sent out an emote (elbeit of typically poor jokester Flower quality) to announce his beginning the action beforehand, wasn't in observe when building, and had decided to erect it in a danger zone that was currently being used quite clearly for some pretty hostile RP.

How would an outpost, that hasn't existed before (no dupe) be explained for suddenly appearing before the eyes of a sniper who was watching that very spot?

I assumed he was IC, given it was an RP server, and acted accordingly. His response was rude, and really, quite unwarranted.

Leave it to Wilson to go full retard after getting shot for being an asshole.

#doublepost

Should I also remind everyone here, you /eving and firing at someone, from observe?

I go into observe to get the names of my targets. It takes two seconds. I return to my position, type my /ev, and then fire after I hit enter.

Stop questioning my integrity and calling my refusal to tolerate your lack of it "full retard." The insults and the RDM were not acceptable responses.

Realistically, if Flower was IC he would have heard the gunshots ICly. This situation was rather stupid and should just be left alone.

Wilson, you shouldn't have deleted his props & Flower you should have waited for us to leave before you started building, and despite how angry you get when someone removes your props, you shouldn't have tried to RDM.

Don't delete my buildings next time. I hadn't planned to do anything until you deleted what I was doing. You provoked me into shooting you.

You were building in a combat zone. It could have waited. I was only maintaining the integrity of the scene, which was being threatened by the OOC introduction of irrelevant props. What if someone came to respond to the sniperfire and thought to hide behind your non-IC-existent sandbags?

Also explain to me how refusing to reciprocate your insults or otherwise retaliate on-server, but instead taking the issue to the proper channels to be addressed is going "full retard."

Even now your goonies are pestering me over GOOC. Real mature?

How about instead of shooting me you could of asked me to leave for the time being? Instead of deleting my props you could of just nicely stated. "Hey Flower we are kind of busy roleplaying here can you hold off on the building for like five minutes?"

Wilson can you please get past your petty difference and let the man make a event so he can satisfy the duty playerbase and perhaps others, you of all people should see he was only building to give people something to do and have some fun. Anyways it seems to me all you were trying to do was to get him banned I'd think it's pretty clear if someones IC and if someones OOC. I dont support this ban appeal one bit.

EDIT: Also I'd like to mention that either side killing anyone from either observer while in the argument is wrong and a admin should have handled it further.

Because you gave every indication you were IC, first by your announcing emote that your character was going off to build an outpost for the motherland, and second for not being in observe while you were building.

It is no fault of mine to assume you to be IC, given those, and perhaps you were simply oblivious as you sometimes are? I'm not going to tell you to piss off when you might be IC, that would be rude and irrational.

I'm not the only one who presumed you IC, either. Those who bothered to read the entirety of the OP and the evidence provided will note Floki's character was the one to state that Flower's was constructing fortifications, and ordered my character to take him out.

Wilson said:
Because you gave every indication you were IC, first by your announcing emote that your character was going off to build an outpost for the motherland, and second for not being in observe while you were building.

It is no fault of mine to assume you to be IC, given those, and perhaps you were simply oblivious as you sometimes are? I'm not going to tell you to piss off when you might be IC.

It was a joking ooc emote, are you really that much of an asshole?

Well I mean if he's standing still and building within RP, chances are he's not IC. I don't know why you'd even take the time to conjure up an event on shooting him when you should have known full well that he wasn't IC.

Wilson said:

It is no fault of mine to assume you to be IC, given those, and perhaps you were simply oblivious as you sometimes are? I'm not going to tell you to piss off when you might be IC, that would be rude and irrational.

So if you can clearly see a man waving around a physgun and placing down props of course you have to assume he's IC..

Right...

I'm just saying that things like that are obliviously OOC so how could he be IC in that instance?

I think Flower has indirectly announced that he probably should have waited a bit before building since it was an IC-Combat Zone. I think when he told us he was OOC we should have just told him to delay his construction rather than remove it and piss him off. (I know from experience, when you're building, and schmuck removes it, you'll get very pissed, prompting some sort of reaction be it gooc dickery or a rdm.)

I have zero interest in chasing you and your uninvolved friends in circles over this, Flower.

You continue to argue and are trying to scrape up numbers against me because you know you did wrong. If you were in the right, you wouldn't need to say anything, because the evidence would speak for itself.

I'll respectfully withhold any further commentary until the administration weighs in on this. Everything they need to make an informed decision has been presented.

Desird said:
I think Flower has indirectly announced that he probably should have waited a bit before building since it was an IC-Combat Zone. I think when he told us he was OOC we should have just told him to delay his construction rather than remove it and piss him off. (I know from experience, when you're building, and schmuck removes it, you'll get very pissed, prompting some sort of reaction be it gooc dickery or a rdm.)

Have to say that's a very valid point so can this ban appeal please be deleted and the topic not to be raised again I think we're all at a conclusion here that Wilson wasn't in the wrong either Flower, however Wilson should have just told him to stop and not deleted his stuff prompting a reaction and Flower should have not killed him.

The only people coming to this conclusion are the placaters and Flower's personal friends, I don't see how this settles it. I filed the grievance, and I am not satisfied by your claimed down-talk of the situation.

Other people are not excused for RDM, least of all from observe, and Flower should be no exception. Not only did he damage script property, but he disrupted an IC scenario. There is no more severe offense for RDM than that, unless it were to involve more than one victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread