Diaks - General mingery and failure to improve over nearly 2 years.

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering this is supposedly a roleplay server, do you maybe think that taking people's criticisms on board at some point would be a good idea? You know, rather than just posting "IT WAS A JOKE GUYS" and doing the same things over and over with no sign of self-awareness?

you people are making me fucking regret unlocking the thread.

hang on.

okay.

ross; you've already made your point and repeating it in incrementally more aggressive ways won't help. also correct me if I'm wrong but the incident in T6 you're referring to with Xari was around a year ago. doesn't change the facts but not a detail worth omitting.

diaks; this cocky, flippiant attitude isn't helping your case, and all it tells me is that it's no big loss to you if you get banned. I'm only being your advocate on principle and every word that comes out of your mouth is just another embarrassment you inflict on me.

in case I haven't made this clear enough, you are treading on thin ice.

if you'd rather have an early vacation it'd be a fucking pleasure to oblige you. otherwise, shape the fuck up.

Last edited:
You mentioned the shrine by PMs to me but you also ICly took someone else there, despite their stalwart refusal (much to my dismay) to post here at this time, at least until something big happens.

A character was led ICly there and you roleplayed a shrine of Carence's bones there, he has gone as far as to comment as thus in the radio ICly about being led there.

http://puu.sh/qmBUR/120d1541f4.jpg

^ Radio logs.

You're continuing to thinly try and justify what amounts to roleplaying the same poor trope.

As to why I am hostile? You have become one of the people I find harder to deal with than an outright script minge, I can ignore a guy running up to me and asking for an MP7 mag but you do just enough roleplay to escape being blatently called out every day on server meaning I have to react, meaning whatever months of progress I have doing something you can still utterly ruin on what amounts to an OOC whim of a noncharacter.

Not to mention the Crows was more or less my last attempt to take you aside and help you.

Still trying to get the one guy to post about stuff.

Last edited:
...The reason people get hostile with you is precisely because you seem to completely ignore any attempt at constructive criticism. If you didn't, you wouldn't still be in this situation and your name wouldn't be a byword for the kinds of script-shittery that constantly fucks up the server.

Not to mention the Crows was more or less my last attempt to take you aside and help you.

Still trying to get the one guy to post about stuff.
You never once contacted me OOCly about the crows, if I do recall you mugged one of my members and utterly destroyed my group by causing a civil war which almost resulted in AJ's PK.

... What? I have at no stage roleplayed any mugging nor have I roleplayed anything on the scale of civil war.

That being said, Ross could tell you about the IC events of what happened to the ill fated LAF and what you called a "Mugging".

I run Cadence Annandale on S2, she is about all I have out there and she don't get involved in politics; preferring to keep to her own.

As for the Crows I was one of a few people who had long PM conversations with you, I was probs on Malcom Rahm or Emanuel Shoemaker at the time. I did a long thing about how you cant operate in the streets and how gangs should be a bit more covert in this setting.

EDIT - Also check your crows thread, I posted some constructive stuff in there while trying to not rabidly dogpile you.

Last edited:
You mentioned the shrine by PMs to me but you also ICly took someone else there, despite their stalwart refusal (much to my dismay) to post here at this time, at least until something big happens.

A character was led ICly there and you roleplayed a shrine of Carence's bones there, he has gone as far as to comment as thus in the radio ICly about being led there.

http://puu.sh/qmBUR/120d1541f4.jpg

^ Radio logs.

There is a shrine there, and it's not Clarence's bones. It's to mother nature. Ask Wagoo, I even talked to him about it. My character seems to think it's Clarence's bones, but they aren't. And I said I was joking about trying to summon Clarence, I apologize for any misunderstanding from my post, but I'm having trouble thinking right now as I'm upset about this. Though, I DO want to improve myself, and I've been trying since I came back from my couple month long break.

i have faith in the guy. gave em a radio today, so maybe he'll do some constructive stuff rp wise with it. plus with sleeves helping him out, i think he can maybe switch out of this annoying attitude of his.

Right, I'll make this quick, and try not to be bias.

I know Daiks or Diaks, and he's generally not a bad guy. He just has to have a talk with someone. Maybe a ban would be a good break, I don't know, but nothing too serious. I don't want to get smashed for saying this.

He has the potential to be a good rper, I've seen it myself. Like what has been said before, though. There needs to be a slight change on his attitude towards being serious and what-not. A lot of people are showing some sort of dislike to him, so maybe it'd be best for him to take a break.

There's my input. Go ahead, smash me with dumb ratings, Idc.

There is a shrine there, and it's not Clarence's bones. It's to mother nature. Ask Wagoo, I even talked to him about it. My character seems to think it's Clarence's bones, but they aren't. And I said I was joking about trying to summon Clarence, I apologize for any misunderstanding from my post, but I'm having trouble thinking right now as I'm upset about this. Though, I DO want to improve myself, and I've been trying since I came back from my couple month long break.

It's worth noting Daiks told me out of the blue over Steam about this.

Daiks3882: one of my characters made a shrine to clarence
Daiks3882: he's a crazy old man, but he made a shrine to you
Wagoo: Wat.
Wagoo: How does he know about Clarence?
Daiks3882: he dug up your remains and made a shrine
Wagoo: How did he know where to look? His body is NOT where AJ put it anymore.
Daiks3882: he's icly been in these woods living off the land for a long time and been spying and recording people on tape
Wagoo: How does he keep the tape running?
Daiks3882: scrounges out batteries
Daiks3882: hunts them down like dogs hunt rabbits
Wagoo: Where does he get the batteries? Scavenging doesn't work 11 years in.
Wagoo: He has to have contact with others to keep that sort of thing.
Daiks3882: yes i know
Daiks3882: he's a mechanical engineer
Daiks3882: i'd think he knows this
Daiks3882: though.. he has lost his mind
Daiks3882: lived on his own for so long
Wagoo: Where is Clarence's grave now?
Daiks3882: on ur way to the villa
Daiks3882: its empty though
Wagoo: Wrong. The grave is not on the path to the villa.
Wagoo: Whatever that crazy old man dug up, it's not Clarence.
Daiks3882: which fucking grave is that then
Wagoo: No idea.
Daiks3882: well its a shrine to you
Daiks3882: but its someone else's bones
Daiks3882: he doesn't know the difference lmao
Daiks3882: he's talked to people
Daiks3882: learned about lambda
Wagoo: People such as?
Daiks3882: he likes lambda, he's a mechanical engineer, he enjoys the shit they're trying to do
Daiks3882: and thats info ur gonna have to find out ic, i dont give names
Wagoo: Wouldn't he have already contacted Lambda by now?
Daiks3882: he's afraid
Daiks3882: people aren't kind to him
Wagoo: Look, let me say this. Don't go down this path.

Anyone who goes looking in the screenshots thread at Clarence's funeral can ask the players of the characters present there for the grave location.

I don't want to comment anything more beyond that he should be given a chance, though that chance should also be a total ban from characters who are notably malignant, or any relation to S2 for that matter.

If Daiks has improved, just make a bog standard citizen, and impress us.

it doesn't change it's retarded dude

If a ban request didn't give you a hint, I don't think a nice talk will, especially when other people reportedly tried to voice their concerns in a friendly and calm manner.

So then he asked what I was doing and I said making a shrine to summon Clarence and left it at that.
There is a shrine there, and it's not Clarence's bones. It's to mother nature. Ask Wagoo, I even talked to him about it. My character seems to think it's Clarence's bones, but they aren't. And I said I was joking about trying to summon Clarence
Daiks3882: one of my characters made a shrine to clarence
Daiks3882: he's a crazy old man, but he made a shrine to you
Wagoo: Wat.
Daiks3882: he dug up your remains and made a shrine
[...]
Wagoo: Whatever that crazy old man dug up, it's not Clarence.
Daiks3882: which fucking grave is that then
Wagoo: No idea.
Daiks3882: well its a shrine to you
Daiks3882: but its someone else's bones

can i just point this out?
"it's a joke. but hey, my character dedicated a shrine to yours. it's not yours, actually, it's mother nature. but it's yours, by the way, and he doesn't know it's not."
this is literally what ross (sc9k) meant when he brought up the "you say it's a joke as soon as it has a negative impact on you" deal

if you want my advice, man, your best bet is making a normal character. nothing crazy, nothing gimmicky, nothing extraordinary, with no plans for his development and no ooc drive to acquire a specific item or role. start out with something simple, such as his age- was he young when the war happened? is he a part of the graduate program? too old for that? if he's too old, what was his job before the war? why not try something as simple as a barber, or a tattoo artist? you can provide plenty of rp with that alone. next, his personality- how do most people with that profession act? are they friendly? hostile? would he be eager to kill for freedom, or would he fight the good fight through other means (especially tattoo artists have a lot of play-room here)

No way. Daniel Benoit is one of my favourite customers and I still tell tales about him to this day. I'm not saying this directly excuses him, but I am very good friends with the guy. He always offers good humor and knows how to make an interesting character.

Is no one else here aware that it is just poor etiquette to have one character PKed over something and then use another to get involved in the same situation?

Like, the fuck was the need to "joke" about a "Clarence shrine" to begin with?

I'm just not going to argue with anybody anymore because I feel it's just making me seem like a douche or something, and I don't like to be hostile towards people. I like to make jokes, I like humor, I have other characters besides those noted above which are super serious, though they aren't mentioned because nobody really notices them. That's all I'm going to say for now, I hope you guys have fun on here. To the admin team : I'm seriously trying to improve my RP, and have been since AJ's death. If you want to help me, please steam message me. Daiks3882.
To Watchman : You've hated me since day 1, and I've known this for some time now. I don't know why, and sure I can be a pain in the ass but I usually don't get my jokes involved with the main RP going on, I put them off to the side where they can be low-key and not intrude on other's RP.

You can have a laugh while RPing seriously, dude. Comedy and serious characters are not mutually exclusive. You just need to ditch the memes and stereotypes and let it come naturally instead of forcing it, because forced humour isn't funny anyway.

I was hoping to post this once someone else posted but here is a point to hammer in on-

Look at this old post here
2d1e83628c.jpg

e1e283bfc2.jpg

And compare it to this.
71c95ac0ac.png

Contrary to your belief I did not hate you from day one, if I did you would have been kept out of the ULC/CMU on the principal that it can be hard to work with people you hate. I gave you a chance then, I honestly forgot how you got removed and think it was just due to inactivity- But then Daniel went down a bad road and thats when I started getting angry.

Now, whenever hot water comes up you tend to go into "it was a joke" as an attempt to save face and avoid punishment. This is a consistent problem, I messed up when I TnTed Raspberry, I messed up when I unfroze Cloud's props, I admit it, I mess up. Hell I messed up a few times with characters (eric god damned wolfram) and what they did, particularly on Xenian stuff. But I won't go back and make an excuse that I was perfect. You need to stop avoiding that you majorly messed up and admit it was not a joke at some stage and admit you only said it was a joke from the hot water.

You cant begin to learn to be better till you accept how major your mess ups are, hell, when I started out roleplaying I had a "Doctor Roboto, Agent Red Agent Blue and excreta styles of shit characters and ideas. People called me out, hell, it was a lot meaner than some of the explanations I've given you or conversations I've had with you. But I listened and picked up skills along the way.

If you can drop the "joke" act and make a normal character, no memes and no sterotypes then MAYBE I can begin to feel like I was wrong to say you aint going to and wont learn.

But for now I think the best option is simply a vacation away to sit out and think, maybe plan.

Came back for one last thing, to watchman's last post here. I do have some serious "normal" characters, you just haven't noticed them dude. Stoner, Slam, David Owens, and Kyle Baker. Just last week on Kyle I was stalking the commissioner of health IC and the player knew about it, we were communicating through emotes in PMs and there's a plot brewing there. I won't give any information on that, though, to prevent meta-gaming. David Owens is purely passive RP, he plays soft 60s rock and is the janitor for the housing blocks. He can be seen fixing plumbing, putting on roofing, etc etc. Stoner is a generic rebel. Kyle was a CP. Slam is an arms dealer. I do some serious RP, but I will admit I have a problem with making characters as jokes and doing dumb and borderline mingey shit on them. I'm going to fix that problem, and have been working on that since AJ's death, as stated before. Also yes, I do joke OOCly about shit, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread