Diaks - General mingery and failure to improve over nearly 2 years.

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watchman

Legend
Dec 9, 2014
Name: Daiks3882
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:91518919

Reason for ban: General mingery, constant stereotypical characters, consistent general antag character creation with no real motivation, failure to improve over the 2ish years I have been in TnB.

Now this is a long one here, its going to cover a lot of history and interactions with him over my time here which more or less shows him as having not grown as a roleplayer.

My first week on server I ended up in SMU, there was a fairly mingy rebel cell known as the Liberators. Diaks ran someone named Cory something in it, he later got the nickname of Melon. After a few incidents the CCA captured him and did some sort of memory alteration or another as it was done at the time…. His reaction to this? He ended up treating a watermelon like a close friend/baby and kept it on him at all times. I need not remind everyone the general stereotypical nonsense associated with watermelons and black people. This character was perhaps December 2014.

Fast forward a few months, Daniel Benoit. This is when I had hope for him enough I hired him into the ULC/CMU whatever it was at the time and he was not abysmal though I forgot what got him removed. Fast forward again a bit after he left TnB for a while and you got Daniel back, he joins the Department of Culture and I am not heavily involved with him there…. But I start hearing about him. He somehow got morbidly obese on cake in Half Life 2, enough so his boss ended up reacting to him being that and in the ensuing chaos he went on a rampage, at some point having a diarrhea outburst inside of a café in the plaza. He subsequently went on to dodge or ignore several attempts to kill him, ran to the outlands and back and ended up with some small posy of people and after a series of mingy events ended up suicide bombing himself in CCH-C on Build 17, in full, fat, glory.

The Watchman: If you got anything to add to this bit please do.
¡angry about capitalism!: oh
¡angry about capitalism!: you forgot him being vaporised by a strider at one point
¡angry about capitalism!: and rallying up a vested mob on build17

Fast forward a little bit (shortly after Daniel died) to AJ, and it begins with the Crows.
http://taconbanana.com/threads/the-crows.20212/
http://taconbanana.com/threads/crows-recruitment.22498/
When he first made them on Build 17 they took over the warehouse district of it and went as far as to pretend they controlled the streets going as far as to attack the CCA and pretend there would not be consequences for carrying a gun out in the streets and being super overt as an organized gang. They repeatedly S2Ked with cops and then ignored any consequences of their actions, ignored the repeated destruction of their hideout in a CMU warehouse and in general filled nearly every single black sterotype at some stage. People gave him advice and he refused to listen to the point where everyone, even people who started out giving him chances, gave up.

The Crows are not the end of AJ’s story. I was gone for a few months but came back in time to see AJ forming the LAF, which ended up being known on S2 as a large minge “Cell” that had a personal doomfort base which they did not have the supplies at all to make. They ended up gathering most of the worst of S2 into the same organization all the while AJ continued to be a black meme expanding his own personal power using them until, of course, Aquila and Clarence happened. While the roleplay from Clarence’s death /was/ constructive and creative overall the LAF’s role in it was that of a pawn and general easy to use group of minges.

Speaking of Clarence, lets move on to a new character Diak’s has, whos nickname was Diaks before he changed it to “The Old Man”. He says its an older character of his he is using now, I don’t doubt that. This character, yet again, is another generic sterotype and random antag character. He dug up Clarence’s corpse I am told and admits to making a shrine to him. He continues to meme on this character and be a general nuscance, being responsible for at least some of the generically spammed bear traps. I’m informed he is also a cannibal from the same person who added on that he dug up Clarence’s grave. This is a farce that has gone on long enough.

He has repeatedly proved a negative influence for new players to rally around because he is the easy, influential and ‘there’ leader to go to with both the Crows and LAF and when this is the environment people are roleplaying in they can’t be expected to grow and end up stagnating once their bad habits are reinforced enough.

I am at this stage sick and tired of knowing that every time I deal with a Diak’s character I will want to abandon roleplaying for a short while, I am sick and tired of knowing nearly everything he is involved in is a shit show. I have seen other people grow from being minions of Flaxy into being actual proper roleplayers while nearly 2 years have passed and Diaks has not changed.

Proof: Recent logs I got sent by someone who noticed stuff in the box, these aint screenshots just sent messages of logs –

The Old Man begins rummaging around in the drawers.
The Old Man: God damn look at all these dildos.
** The Old Man starts putting the dildos in his pockets.
*** The Old Man moves over to the cabinets.
** The Old Man opens the cabinet.
(The Old Man) ** The right one. **
** The Old Man rummages around in it.
The Old Man: Shit.
** The Old Man moves over to the other cabinet and opens it.

Also this from my argument with him today –

[PM from The Old Man] he's trying to cleanse the "sinners" with fire
[PM from The Old Man] and he's made a shrine to clarence and wants to summon his spirit
http://puu.sh/qmvxd/f7f14dc116.jpg

What would you like to see improved?: Honestly, I don’t even want a perma. Maybe if he is banned for a bit or forced to get off meme characters and try to make someone human he won’t be as be of an issue. For a very brief while he had some potential hope in the early Daniel Benoit stages but…. From there it went further downhill. He needs to step back from stereotypical characters, avoid clichés and try to make a character that feels human for once.

This ban request is largely a "Straw that broke the camels back" ban request over a "Huge issue he caused".

13lA8PV.gif

no.

diaks is a pain in the urethra but that's not a bannable offense in and of itself. if we banned diaks on this justification it would set a disturbing precedent for other shadily-justified bans in the future.

the specific incident you mention is something that can, and usually is solved with less severe disciplinary measures.

unless diaks pulls a complete 180, sooner or later he will flagrantly break the rules as he's done before, so if you don't like him either deal with it or wait for him get himself banned over a real issue.

locked unless any other admins have input
edit: unlocked because I'm an idjit

Last edited:
Daiks is a pain in my ass, and yes he's broken rules. Though, there isn't enough here or anywhere else to prove that he hasn't improved in the past two years. I've known him since I joined TnB, and he has definitely improved from what he was doing beforehand.

As Bloo said, he'll break enough rules soon enough that'll lead to his removal.

I, on the other hand, have an opposite stance on this. Admins are also here to quality control, and I think that feuerseer brought in enough evidence to make us at least investigate Daiks.

Diaks has a good character, he's just ignorant to what he does wrong.

After the death of AJ he pmed me saying "I wish I could RP as good as you," and wishing he could be respected as both as player and a character. He's looking for and fun time but going about it incorrectly.

He's young. I, and a few others, should talk to him and help him out. If he fails to improve then it's not directly his fault. He's young and immature. Then, maybe, something should be done administratively.

I thankfully haven't had many dealings with Daiks IC, but from those I have had, it's pretty obvious he doesn't actually RP so much as tailor IC situations to benefit him OOCly. One instance that comes to mind is when he was being held at gunpoint with a bunch of others by a gang; when one of the hostages made a move on the attackers, Daiks had his character (George Kase/Slam) smash a bottle over his back, as far as I can tell purely to curry favour with the guys with guns in the hopes they'd toss him one. I can't recall if they did or not because I was pretty jack of the whole thing and disconnected shortly after.

He does precious little else other than mug people for scripts, then use the scripts he's gained as leverage over new players, knowing full well that they'll flock to him at the promise of a gun and a vest.

Never have I once either witnessed or heard of Daiks roleplaying, unless you want to count badly-stereotyped black gangsters and script muggings as roleplay.

He's a moron. I'd be glad to see him dealt with, since he's clearly opposed to cleaning up his act.

e: I don't buy "he's young and immature". So are loads of other people here, and the vast majority of them are far more positive to have around than he is. The few that aren't have already had to deal with bans of their own.

He's young. I, and a few others, should talk to him and help him out. If he fails to improve then it's not directly his fault. He's young and immature. Then, maybe, something should be done administratively.

There have been a few times people tried giving him advice, notably during the Crows. I also did my best at the time to explain why Daniel was such a bad character heading a bad direction.

The issue being he did not listen as is. Perhaps others may succeed where I and those half dozen others tried but at this stage there has been a year and a half of people trying to talk to him.

Sleeves, even when I was 13 years old and RPing in HGN I never roleplayed a stereotype. Age and immaturity isn't a deciding factor in someone's RP abilities, it's their willingness to improve. The willingness to improve that players find lacking in Daiks.

And yes Ross, Les Enfantes Terribles did toss him a gun.

I have to say, Watchman, that was by far the funniest thing I've ever read. I died laughing. However, I must say that recently I've been trying to improve my RPing. I took a long couple months break from TnB and came back. I came back with the attitude that I'd improve my RPing, and I have made all attempts at doing so. Sure I like to joke around a bit, and that part with the dildos was a small joke in a private RP setting with a friend, though the rest of the RP to follow that was /very/ serious and perhaps serious to the future plot. *Cough cough* Press *Cough Cough*

Also, the Old Man character has been around for a long time. He was lost in the woods and went crazy. He now worships mother nature, and no I do not have a shrine to Clarence. That's a joke, I never said it ICly, I said it OOCly because you were hounding me. As for what the Old Man is in the area for, is intel. He's setting traps in hopes of capturing someone, to interrogate them on certain issues, and to pursue his own agenda.

I guess this is a I should be more aggressive in my judgements.

Yeah, he knows what he's doing. He lacks the capacity to improve, sadly. :/

I thankfully haven't had many dealings with Daiks IC, but from those I have had, it's pretty obvious he doesn't actually RP so much as tailor IC situations to benefit him OOCly. One instance that comes to mind is when he was being held at gunpoint with a bunch of others by a gang; when one of the hostages made a move on the attackers, Daiks had his character (George Kase/Slam) smash a bottle over his back, as far as I can tell purely to curry favour with the guys with guns in the hopes they'd toss him one. I can't recall if they did or not because I was pretty jack of the whole thing and disconnected shortly after.
That was Xari doing the mugging and it was part of a mini-event. I helped in the process of it, and did not receive a gun.

Also, the Old Man character has been around for a long time. He was lost in the woods and went crazy. He now worships mother nature, and no I do not have a shrine to Clarence. That's a joke, I never said it ICly, I said it OOCly because you were hounding me. As for what the Old Man is in the area for, is intel. He's setting traps in hopes of capturing someone, to interrogate them on certain issues, and to pursue his own agenda.

You seem to try and excuse yourself with "that was just a joke" a lot. Like that one time someone posted some pretty incriminating SF logs and you tried to blow the whole thing off as a joke as soon as you realised it could land you in hot water.

It's not going to cut it.

You seem to try and excuse yourself with "that was just a joke" a lot. Like that one time someone posted some pretty incriminating SF logs and you tried to blow the whole thing off as a joke as soon as you realised it could land you in hot water.

It's not going to cut it.
He was hounding me in pms saying I was a shit rper and such, and was claiming my character was worthless yet the only interaction he had with the character was telling me not to set traps on the road. So then he asked what I was doing and I said making a shrine to summon Clarence and left it at that.

And so you honestly thought that was a good idea? To tell someone who (allegedly) was 'hounding' you the exact kind of thing that would give them even more reason to think your character's shit and you can't RP?

I do agree with Watchman in the sense that yes my RPing was horrible and possibly still is.
Diaks has a good character, he's just ignorant to what he does wrong.

After the death of AJ he pmed me saying "I wish I could RP as good as you," and wishing he could be respected as both as player and a character. He's looking for and fun time but going about it incorrectly.

Me and Sleeves are making fresh characters to start some new story lines and he's going to help me improve. We've talked about this through Steam after AJ was PK'd.

And so you honestly thought that was a good idea? To tell someone who (allegedly) was 'hounding' you the exact kind of thing that would give them even more reason to think your character's shit and you can't RP?
He was being very hostile so I decided to ignore him, I don't deal with hostile people. I don't feel like explaining every little thing to somebody typing out paragraph PMs that are bashing me as a person instead of giving me constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread