D1 Mugging - Taylor 'Emerald' Gratz

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digichris

Zealot
Aug 1, 2011
Players Name: Broken - Taylor 'Emerald' Gratz
Steam ID: Not sure, they disconnected fairly quickly, username was Broken I believe.
Reason for ban: Hopping on and mugging a unit while there were only 3 units on, 1 of them afk, running off immediately into D2 after taking a PDW then changing to S2 as soon as they were allowed to, before disconnecting from S2 as well.
Proof: http://pastebin.com/hhxHS7G6
While I'm happy to admit that I was all for letting them go, this was more because it was an issue we wouldn't have been able to resolve at all, and would only have led to lots of arguing, as the only admin on at the time was Dave, although Midas did join shortly after and I let him know what had happened ASAP. He said he'd hop to S2 to talk to them but they'd already disconnected from S2.
What would you like to see improved: People not mugging units for their weapons in D1 because they OOCly know there aren't any units on. While what the unit did was really stupid, it was still the heart of D1.

where in d1

not that it excuses the lackluster roleplay, but that's important too

As the unit mugged in question, I'd like to say this. A, Had no idea what the mugging rules were at the moment the RP broke out, but given the fact they weren't just S2King me, I relented. Two. I'd much rather see an Admin sit down with the player instead of them being banned. Still, if they gotta be banned, let them be banned.

Edit: Took place right next to the path to the CMS, which was in an alley that had a cooking stand open, with a vort and atleast two people not even that far away. Hence the vort being able to intervene and the mugger being spotted in quick succession by two more citizens.

Edit edit: For reference, if I were to look to the left of where I was standing, I'd be able to see parts of the RDC easily.

It was pretty public. I was one of the responding units. They kept asking in local if they can leave yet before I even could do one emote. Before they left they said in OCC, "LOL can't believe I got away from you guys."

They waited fifteen before leaving, but it was basically them waiting right next to the transition because as soon as we all thought 15 minutes were up, poof, gone.

And then we come to the logical fallacy; the type of people who mug for scripts either A. don't go on the forums or B. Don't care about the rules in the first place.

** Taylor 'Emerald' Gratz would have his gun on the officers head with her finger over the trigger at all times.

#Dickgirlconfirmed

Shit Posting aside. I think a short vacation would suit them.

You telling me I came within inches of being fucked by a futa? Well shit. I gotta stop going out.

maybe i'm too merciful or something, but, i really think having a sit-down is better.
ultimately, punishment that is understood is more relatable (and actually understood) than something that is forced blindly on you

yes, a ban may be just- but, it could be more fruitful to just talk it out first. even if it doesn't work out, it's not like it's too hard to type "ban broken 0"

they don't honestly seem to know our standards- which is why i'd recommend attempting something more than a ban.

Yeah, she started bragging about getting away with a mugging with a mugging on S2. She said there was only five officers on, and I informed her that it was against the rules and general frowned upon to mug with less then eight officers online. And I can confirm the user's name being Broken. I'll reach out to them on SF.

xXShurlyXx said:
maybe i'm too merciful or something, but, i really think having a sit-down is better.
ultimately, punishment that is understood is more relatable (and actually understood) than something that is forced blindly on you

yes, a ban may be just- but, it could be more fruitful to just talk it out first. even if it doesn't work out, it's not like it's too hard to type "ban broken 0"

they don't honestly seem to know our standards- which is why i'd recommend attempting something more than a ban.
i agree with scumbies

id just like to add that she tried mugging me a few days back by running up to me and pulling out a mp40 or something with no rp and saying "dont move officer" when i had a shotgun aimed at her. i tried educating her but she apparently didn't learn.

Well, she learned alittle, by acting all sweet and innocent when my unit was building relations with other Civvies, and even RP'd taking out the pistol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread