Information Community Update 2 - HLNA and TRP's Future

Hey, as most of you know we've been going through some slightly turbulent times in the last couple weeks with a wave of resignations. That drama's all viewable on the admin roster if you're feeling thirsty for the juice, but this thread isn't going to be about that. First and foremost, I want to update everybody on what's going on: why is HLNA back up, and what does that mean for the upcoming Terminator iteration? I know it likely seems a bit confusing to some of you, since HLNA was put back up at random when I wasn't even around.

We'll start with HLNA: it's back, and it's staying back because it's an iteration that ran very well and deserves to continue. Shutting it down because of it dying for a month was the wrong choice, in my honest opinion - the same thing happened with C17 regularly where it couldn't get more than ten players daily for weeks, but for some reason seeing the same thing happening now effects us a whole lot more than it used to. I understand that gmod itself isn't in the best condition, but most of us aren't going anywhere, so relax when that happens.

This is splitting our attention between two servers, but at the moment it's much more healthy for us as a community to prepare to have two main servers up at the same time again for the sake of fostering better RP. People are going to naturally go back and forth, and that's just the way it is - if one server's dead in favor of another for a few months, that's fine. From now on, I'm hoping to avoid the stigma that we have to shut down a server because it dies for a month. If that happens again to either one, the plan (but actually this time) is to just let it go and work on things to bring back player interest, not start immediately considering new iterations and servers to put up. I think we can all agree that the constant changes in setting from RR to new server to another new server to another RR is a bit jarring, and it's my hope that we can keep players interested in two servers without having to go overboard with sweating every time the population drops. This isn't to say we won't put in the effort when people lose interest - we will, it's just that we're not going to let ourselves get too beat down because of it.

There's a lot of plot changes planned for HLNA. Previously, one of the main complaints was that it was lacking direction: what should the Resistance be doing in any meaningful capacity, and how should the CCA interact with it? This was a question a lot of us were lost on, because we were working with a plot that most of us (including me, to be frank) didn't know how to interact with. Between Drewerth, the admin team and myself, we're going to be working on a new plot-line for the server to follow which will incorporate a lot of elements from what we previously had planned from back in October, but with much more direct content rather than backroom RP that only a few people see. There'll be a thread soon made by Imp Imp which goes over the primary changes and updates we're looking to make to HLNA, which includes the plot, Combine structure itself, and more.

Now, onto TRP. As you can probably already tell by the rest of this thread, it's still coming and being actively worked on. Our original intended release date was in July, and that still may be true, but don't get your hopes up in the situation that a delay comes. Drewerth's been working very hard on getting everything up and running, but we want to make sure everything's as good as it can be before releasing. Expect to hear and see more about development as it comes.

As for the community itself, we're obviously not going anywhere. We might've had a few brief days of anarchy in which myself and Mox were absent, but I'm back and intending on staying for at most a few months - real life commitments are closing in which will actually make me have to leave, so this isn't something that I'll be able to go back on. For now, myself, the other RDAs, and our administration teams are going to be working rigorously to make sure our servers are stable enough for you guys to enjoy without the constant OOC bullshit and politics getting in the way. There's still going to be a bit of that, as there always will be, but most of us are really tired of it now and just want to RP. Yes, even the admins would actually just like to roleplay without having to sweat the next drama wave smashing into them at random.

Also, I want to take a quick second to thank our admins that stayed on and are still working as hard as they are to provide content and fun for the servers. These guys are the backbone that keep us running, so thanks to all you guys. I haven't seen admins as dedicated to making stuff work as these guys are in a long time.

I'm sure there's some things I missed. The thread's going to be open for replying if you want to hammer me with some questions, so go for it.

W E _ A R E _ B A C K

rKkgCc5.jpg

if one server's dead in favor of another for a few months, that's fine. From now on, I'm hoping to avoid the stigma that we have to shut down a server because it dies for a month.

It took 13 years but this community has finally learned this. Wish it happened sooner.

All hail the return of dumb ratings

On a real note, can say the TRP team is working incredibly hard to bring a bunch of new content to terminator. Stay tuned!!

I can't wait for the RebelRP and CPRP to get juicier, I'm not saying that whole Ineu valley map or whatever it was wasn't good, it's just that the event happened when everyone started hopping off, mostly because once we reached the map there wasn't much to do after escaping a strider and antlions

I can't wait for the RebelRP and CPRP to get juicier, I'm not saying that whole Ineu valley map or whatever it was wasn't good, it's just that the event happened when everyone started hopping off, mostly because once we reached the map there wasn't much to do after escaping a strider and antlions
It got pretty juicy last night, Flood ran an event that was VERY interesting and helped push some plot/conflict forward.

Watching Palmer and his wheelchair plummet down a flight of stairs into the subway at about 50 mph was the juiciest event I’ve seen.

Users who are viewing this thread