Clavier

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker.

DISGUSTING
Aug 7, 2011
Players Name: Clavier
Steam ID: Unsure
Reason for ban:

Hello. I and several others would have Clavier banned from SRP. This isn't an orthodox ban request as Clavier hasn't done anything in terms of the ordinary ban reasons such as constant RDM, disconnecting to avoid RP or whatever. This is more about how he manages to destroy my immersion and actually have a good time on the server with his constant creation of unrealistic characters that make no sense at all. Him being present on the server is at the back of my and several others heads, we can't simply function and take anything seriously everytime we set our eyes on one of his characters. His characters are generally little girls who are borderline underage (or even underage??) who have some shitty excuse to exist in the Zone. I realize there's a sense of freedom when it comes to character creation but I believe he takes it too far. SRP can't really be the gritty, morbid setting we'd all love to see when Clavier keep this up.

Proof: A community of witnesses
What would you like to see improved: Clavier banned or at least given a clear message to stop what he's doing.

While we're at it why don't we ban the countless other players who create characters who are too cute for the Zone and it's inhabitants. Also, just because you think his characters have "shitty" reasons for being in the Zone (despite the fact I'd be willing to wager you don't know shit about them) doesn't mean they're actually shit. The Zone is full of retarded midgets to intelligent giants, then everything between. I will agree that sometimes people take things too far, but a lot of the roleplay that has happened with some of his characters (a good example would be Kateryna whom was PKed) have had their innocence stripped away over time. I remember when my character Dirt first interacted with one of his child characters who (who's authorizations were revoked and promptly left the Zone) came because she unintentionally killed her parents and when she was in the Zone, she wasn't stupid. Zoya stayed inside the town and remained pretty secluded and was pretty much a beggar, asking for food or in some cases stealing it.

While the Zone is no place for children, it does not mean children cannot end up in the Zone. Children find themselves in prisons, wars, crimes, gangs, etc. on a day to day basis in real life. Also, while he may do some trolly things and make some jokes, just because /you/ do not like how he roleplays characters and your "community of witnesses" do not either; does not create a reason for a ban. So I strongly advise that next time you insist on making a ban request, make sure it's for a proper reason not because you and your "community of witnesses" do not like him or the way he roleplays.

/caseclosed

I would agree to a ban, but only temporary - and not long term.

I love Clavier, his role play is more often than not enjoyable when he's in a serious mood - and his mutant events are really good. He brings a lot of good to the server, but as of late, he's been... I 'unno. Going off the deep end?

I'm not sure what caused it, nor am I going to probe my nose where it doesn't belong, but I would rather have Clavier be given some time to calm down before he is banned permanently for a legitimate reason.

Fuxx said:
Girl characters are a bigger problem that RDMers, SATT people spawning broken NPCs in spawn, propkilling people with lights and the incessant minging in town.

K

there are two ways to answer this

there's how i'd answer it to a friend

"ikr"

because i'd trust that friend to be being a sarcastic fuck (as many of my friends are) and i think itd be rude not to respond with the same brand of sarcasm. i might even throw in a

"the other day someone said metagame destroyed more roleplay than rdm lol. what a fag"

just for good measure - to make sure they didn't think i was some kind of cockstumbling spungaloid

that's the type of response which would be normal to give to someone with working higher brain functions and a general comprehension of the world around them.

here's the other one:

John and Bob are characters. The roleplay they're in involves an attempt to perform a coup on a faction. They're in some secret hideout, discussing their plans quietly. Rather suddenly, the scene is disrupted. Their roleplayers glance upwards as some moron with a gun storms in and guns them both down. Fuck. Now he's playing with props. They return, shoot him, barricade the door to the area they're roleplaying in, and continue. John and Bob discuss the finer points of their plan. Later that week, they attempt their coup, but Bob is gunned down in the process. John finds himself in the position him and Bob originally wanted, but forever resents the organisation around him for causing the loss of his friend.

John and Bob are characters. John and Bob are characters. The roleplay they're in involves an attempt to perform a coup on a faction. They're in some secret hideout, discussing their plans quietly. Unfortunately, the character they're trying to coup is not a character, but an avatar. What they're facing is the embodiment of some repressed individual who is in a generally powerless situation in the real world, and thus seeks the catharsis of having people listen to him in a game. Because of this, when that person enters the server and sees that Bob and John are on together, they search the map until they find a spot where they can listen in. When Bob and John come to the moment of their coup, they find themselves inexplicably surrounded by avatarlets, and are both killed.

"Okay, I guess that's a fair point about how momentary disruptions on the scale of general minging are actually far less disruptive than a general disrespect towards the nature of roleplay - how does this connect to girl characters? Fuxx is only talking about girl characters here, not metagamers!"

Walker is not just talking about girl characters. Fuxx is trying to downplay the issue by reducing it to a single concept which doesn't actually bear any semblance to what Walker is talking about. Fuxx isn't quite stupid enough to think that Walker is actually just complaining about female characters, so it's actually just a clumsy manipulative attempt to make Walker look foolish. It's clumsy because the people here aren't half as stupid as Fuxx expects, so I seriously doubt anyone will take the ploy seriously.

What Walker is actually talking about is roleplayers who prioritise characters who suit their fantasies over communal roleplay. That is to say someone who would make the same characters regardless of the setting, and regardless of how little they fit in with the ongoing roleplay. This is the type of person who, if you were writing a story one sentence at a time - taking turns to write the sentences - would make all of their sentences about how good their character is, how smart, cute, and just generally awesome they are, all the while pointing to whatever shallow emotional tags they've managed to stick on to them and crying "Look how developed!"

Of course, if you were to do that, you'd be a bad writer. In a roleplay setting, you're also being a dick. The whole concept of making a fantasy or an obsession into a character undermines all the principles of John and Bob. It means that the character isn't actually a narrative entity, but instead a toy-thing of the author, designed to get whatever they want, like an avatar in a game.

One group of those issues is momentary, the other is lasting and not only annoying but also directly disruptive towards good writing and communal roleplay. If you find yourself more frustrated by someone forcing you to request a teleport back than you are by someone playing a character who is clearly just a mix of someone's obsessions and fantasies, then you're probably playing an avatar yourself. Who was it who played the charismatic rebel leader on HL2 who had a submarine again? Does that sound at all familiar in terms of... not fitting in with the setting, or fantasies/obsessions? In fact I actually remember you telling me about how you charted your success in HL2 by the success and repute of your characters. The reason you have trouble understanding that this type of person and this type of character are a real issue is because you are this type of person and you play this type of character.

That said I don't think Clavier should be banned. While he seems to be rampaging through pretty much every principle of roleplay available, no-one thought to actually make that against the server rules, and since TnB adopts a written rules over judgement approach to this kind of deal, it wouldn't really be fair.

You never let me reply, and I would very much like to fight my argument. So I'm going to post my argument here. Thank you. Direct copy/paste from what I was going to post pre-locking of the thread.

Hello, my internet alias is Clavier. My steam ID is STEAM_0:0:40220288. Now, let me go onward to display to you that my characters are in actuality not immersion breaking innocent sweet lovely little flowers of goodness who never do wrong and never feel anything for what they've done by giving you full in depth explanations regarding some of my more major characters, especially some of the one who from afar seem extremely docile and timid. Each one of my characters has their own unique reasoning for being inside the zone and their own carefully constructed personality that I take pride in, and rarely do I share them publically unless the character is dead and I'm speaking amongst friends. But since apparently my stay at this lovely roleplay community which I so thoroughly enjoy is at stake, I will gladly delve deep and turn my pockets to put all the goodies on display. First, let's start with my most morbid character.

Kasia Ewilenska: Kasia Ewilenska is a Polish woman, 34 years of age (turning 35 on the 25th of January) who has a strong distaste for Russians and Ukrainians. Despite her distaste she is forced to live her life inside of the zone to provide a steady financial income - as she couldn't nab a job due to a long history of poor job experience - which she can send out of the zone through various traders each month to her mother back in Poland who is taking care of her daughter (who just turned 4 earlier this month; the character left the zone temporarily to be there for her daughter's birthday). Kasia is far from a sweet little flower. To be perfectly blatant she's a (hypocritically) cynical and unloyal bitch. She will gladly stomp on someone else's toes and snap their neck for a pretty artifact that'll reel her in some cash. She has trouble going lengthy periods of time without insulting whoever it is she's talking to in the most colorful and expressive of ways. Her brother (another IC character played by Wilson) Erik 'Ewok' Ewilenski (a is feminine and i is masculine in terms of surnames in Poland, explaining the difference) was the only true love of her life and she refuses to believe that he was brutally murdered by monolithians despite her waiting outside their base after he'd gone in and never came out. She goes by his name (Ewok) when using PDA messages with the hopes that one day he'll respond to one to complain about her using his name. She believes relationships are stupid. Despite her aggressive nature, she has a soft side for seeing people upset. 5'6.

Now to move onto another character whom moreso fits the profile you've sketched out for me when looked at from afar and typically provokes this main response.

Kateryna Bezborodova: At the age of 14 Kateryna's home was burned down by her sister's mishap while playing with fire (she didn't learn until a few months of being in the zone that it was actually her sister's fault, a rather tearful IC moment) and both of her parents were killed. Her sister, Evelina Bezborodova (who Kateryna had assumed died as well at first, and was another character on SRP for an entire year before Kateryna was made) had fled from their hometown in Ukraine to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Kateryna herself tried to live on her own on the streets rather than fall into an orphanage, and barely scraped by for over a year. To add onto this, people typically believe that Kateryna was cute because she was short and she was young. Kateryna had scarring from third degree burns that covered an entire side of her face and she was boney skinny on entering the zone. She didn't have any curves for men to be attracted to either, so she wasn't very appealing to the eye in general. After a year of living on her own, Kateryna had caught rumor that one of the Bezborodova daughters had fled to the Zone - obviously her being the other leaving her with the knowledge Evelina was in the zone. Kateryna (age 15) then went into the zone, thus beginning the story of the character. Kateryna's original plan was to be a PK on Death character with the sole purpose of developing Evelina Bezborodova further, though after several months of roleplay on the character without dying once, I decided not to have her be PK on Death. (Shocker, I liked roleplaying her.) On entry to the zone Kateryna was cautious and did not like to speak with people. Though she was forced to speak with people to try and find her sister. The character's motive was to find her sister and try and convince her to leave the zone with her. (Obviously, she failed to complete this.) Emily Blue showed her to Jack Malloy who showed her to Kyle Reefer who showed her to Evelina Bezborodova. Two months (about) into the character's roleplay experience, she was brutally raped. (The actual act was not roleplayed out, and was a fade to black scenario. I'm not going to roleplay the rape of a minor, no thank you.) This was an absolute turning point for the character, transforming her from optimism to pessimism and a general angsty bitch. Yes, Kateryna was a bitch. But the people who insult the character for being sweet and timid or being a shit character never actually interacted with her enough to get to know her. (Another shocker.) So the character wound up being an untrusting conflicted teenager who was torn between leaving the zone to try and reclaim her old self and staying in the zone to be with all the people she'd grown attached to. She'd joined Recondite after the promise of a lack of war in the faction was given to her. (She joined Recondite pre-rape. Sometime in the first month, perhaps.) Over the course of the next almost year she found herself (partially reluctantly) climbing through the ranks of Recondite's technic division. Over the course of almost a year she learned how to manage and repair equipment and I decided to apply with her for Technician status. (Accepted.) The further in the ranks she rose, the more snappier she got and the more of a bitch she became, though the more she tried to push her constantly growing power to keep Recondite out of war - because despite how bitchy she'd become, she didn't want to be behind a war and end up dying. She runs for a position in Administration rather than being a Division Leader after Maven leaves the zone, leaving Camin as the only active Administrator in Recondite. She's abruptly murdered. The character's story ends. Kateryna killed two people throughout the course of her existence, and one blind dog. Each of these three kills she mourned and regretted and reflected on. The character was heavily influenced by the actions of those around her.

Now that I've got that one out of the way, let's add in another character who was made a long while ago but I've only started playing recently.

(Shaun) Cobbs: Cobbs, age 27, is a closet homosexual who tries to hide his homosexuality (due to the aggressiveness against homosexuality that should be represented in the zone due to it's location) by being in an unsexual relationship with a woman. His reasoning for coming to the zone is his past with failed writing. Yes, Cobbs is a writer. He couldn't sell a single novel he wrote due to them always being labeled as "bland and uninteresting" so he finally got fed up and set out to try and find an 'adventure' to experience first hand to write about, playing it off as fiction. Eventually he stumbled his way into the zone, putting on the act of a charismatic tough guy despite being very cowardice on the inside to give himself the true novel to write about. He's a fictional character portraying himself as a fictional character. 5'7.

Another one who I wish I played a bit more frequently.

Klarysa Shevchenko: I'm a little fuzzy with this character since it's been a while, but hopefully I'll dip back in and take her under again. Klarysa is 47 years of age, 6'4, and came to the zone as an Ecologist. Long story short, Klarysa was eventually no longer an Ecologist and hung up her SSP-99 in the Ecologist chambers and decided - hey, instead of being sent out of the zone, I'll just join the stalker population and continue my research! And that's what she did, lean figure and loose clothing being her only possessions, she set herself out to learn as much as she could about the zone still without the benefits she used to have under the eye of the Ecologist. But also, without the restrictions she once had.

So yes, all of my characters are quite obviously carbon copies of eachother with no difference in personality or physical makeup whatsoever, and all of them are, to quote, "unrealistic characters that make no sense at all" or "generally little girls who are borderline underage (or even underage??) who have some shitty excuse to exist in the Zone."

All of my characters are either beaten down to depression by the zone already, or going to be beaten down to depression by the zone. I'm terribly sorry, but it's not my fault that you won't actually hold your tongue when you know absolutely nothing about any of my characters despite what you can see from one or two from afar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread