Chop Halloway's extended ban

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eqhuinox

Zealot
Jan 3, 2015
Players Name: Chop Holloway
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13519592
Reason for ban: He did nothing but fight with 4 civil protection units and was not listening at all. He would continue to fight that he was getting flooded with /me's and voiding things until he gets what he wanted. The only reason we where even attempting to RP with him is because he minge ran and when we finally got him into a locked room he would void everything until he got a chance to win in the argument. And when CombineKyle went to RPly take his script away he refused to actually give it away.
Proof:
  • ** Chop Holloway unbuttons his coat, hands diving into his jackets and withdrawing two matte-black .50 Desert Eagles. He lifts up onto the ball of his foot, spinning around and pumping a round -- each one having the words "COP KILLER" etched onto them -- into the thick skulls of each of the little piggies assembled around him. He lands on the ground afterwards, smoke pouring out of his death barrels. He blows it away from each one, before striding out the door, quipping. "You just got served."
What would you like to see improved: I would like to see him try not be so power game-ish and not worry about his scripts so much.

I can support you on this.

I saw the guy earlier and he said something along the lines of "/me slams the guys head brutally into the counter." I told him to watch the powergame, however nothing happened from this due to the guy receiving the action was a noob.

http://pastebin.com/muhQnE6S

Here's a pastebin of the controversy. To be honest, I was on Chop's side until the /me. Up until that point, 06892 refused to acknowledge Chop's attempts to roleplay, even insisting that this was all simply to take Chop's crowbar away. While I understand that being a Civil Protection unit generally means you're pseudo-admins when it comes to policing citizens, there's a line on how far you can take it, and if the person is trying to roleplay, there's no reason you should get frustrated and angry and berate the person whilst refusing to roleplay yourself. As I wrote in the log, I removed his crowbar, but all throughout my hovering around the scenario, 06892 insisted on C>Pat Down without ever making any attempts to roleplay, instead insisting this was all an OOC matter except for when he decided to start calling in other units. While I don't disagree that there's not much room for Chop to resist when there's multiple units trying to restrain him, the actual chat was more or less getting spammed with LOOC whilst 06892 was firing away /mes without even bothering to let Chop respond.

I have no problem saying the /me itself was bad, but overall, Chop was being fairly considerate and willing the entire time when compared to 06892's behavior throughout. He clearly knows how to roleplay, though I do think he might have been here just to troll self-righteous people like combinekyle.

Not to mention he pulled the same shit at the work event only on Natalie Dawn... Who then beat 'em with a crowbar.

They clearly seem to be trolling but trying to demand a massive level of IC from people to try and get away with it in the face of easily manipulated moderation team members.

This wasn't his first time. He happened to do this to floki but floki doesn't give two shits about beating the shit outta someone who powergames so it didn't get called on.

(Chop Holloway) ** Without warning, a lone figures breaks through the crowd of subdued workers. Chop bursts forward, his decades-old shoes squeaking against the floor. He stops at the base of the balcony, grunting with pain as he shifts his weight onto his left leg. He reaches into an inner pocket of his shabby coat, whipping out a .50 Desert Eagle and blowing a clean tunnel through the dyke's dome. **

Floki ☭ killed ✞ using weapon_cc_crowbar

Thanks to Tanknut :)

Sorry I prefer things to get roleplayed out instead of insisting on using the script where things could be roleplayed? In this particular scenario, he wasn't really doing anything wrong, at least not after being captured. He ran without roleplaying, and was beaten without roleplaying. He refused to drop the crowbar, but insisted on roleplaying the rest of the arrest/detainment. I removed the crowbar, but because he insisted it wasn't removed, combinekyle insisted that the guy stand still so he could repeatedly try and pat him down without any efforts being made to roleplay. If his behavior has been repeatedly poor, then it's a simple matter of pulling him aside and trying to curb his stupid antics, because he clearly knows how to roleplay. You're getting all caught up over nothing.

You'd have to be retarded to not comprehend he was trolling after being provoked by people refusing to roleplay with him. Not to mention it's Superfly, who isn't exactly known to not partake in a bit of a ribbing.

Combinekyle is an entitled cretin so I don't take anything he says with less than a boulder of salt.

I would like to second this notion.

I was on my unit during the time of Chop's horrible roleplay.

To start, this is what happened from my perspective.

I patrolled by the work detail happening at Warehouse 4 and 5, where I saw Chop Halloway trying to crowbar Natalie Punk Dawn.
Natalie punk dawn, shrekt him with her crowbar. I dismissed the situation as Chop minge attacking Natalie.
Note, it was mentioned in teamspeak that Chop Halloway also tried to do that same/similar /me as posted in the OP during the work event.
Next time I see chop, he is inside someones shop, next to the Catwalks elevator. Someone yelled that someone was being attack by a crowbar.
My unit approached the line of customers and asked who had the weapon and who was attacking people.
Annie Flaucher told me ICly it was the man, Chop Halloway, behind the counter that had the crowbar.
As soon as he sees me heading to the door-entrance to the shop, he dips to the elevator, presses the button, and ascends.
Me and another 04 attempt to chase him down, to no avail.
My character remembered what his face looked like ( there was no real physical description through the EXAMINE script, it was gibberish about how he had won the lottery) So my unit kept him in mind for a BoL suspect.
I give up looking for him around Metropol, and head to the plaza.
There he is, standing in front of a UNION ADJ. I point at him, and tell the ADJ that man is on BoL. The ADJ responds with 'Apprehend him.'
I approach him and say 'Don't move.' - He begins to mingerun towards the Bio-Field checkpoint thing, heading to warehouse 4-5 from the Detainment Nexus Door.
Me and another unit stunstick him until he is knocked out.

This is the console of the events from me telling the ADJ he is BoL to me tieing him up and searching him/removing his crowbar.

99nl8z.png

More screenshots of the console of me asking him to remove his crowbar from his inventory, you can also see this in the video below.
Note to reader, he tries to engage serious RP, to prolong his dropping of his script. Notice he tries to play it.
j0xxdh.png
\

I call for an admin, it takes a few mins, but I believe FlatPancake shows up. Chop Halloway turns the situation around, and tells him I am not roleplaying with him. (as seen in video)
FlatPancake then tells me I need to roleplay if he's roleplaying. I tried to tell Pancake that I was not going to roleplay until his script was removed. Because This whole situation, was about him getting caught/searched/crowbar taken, and he wasn't dropping it. He was trying to keep it by prolonging and trying to serious-rp.

FlatPancake tells me he will remove his crowbar, but I wanted to make sure it was gone before I continued anything with him. I tried to pat him (Basically OOCly) to see if he had it, he broke the pat-down.
You then see me rage in the video and knock him out so I can pat him down without him moving. Then FlatPancake steps in and tells me I have to roleplay if I'm going to pat him down. I was heated at this moment because technically I had taken the crowbar from him, and he wouldn't drop it. Pancake told me he was going to take it but I wanted to check, he wasn't letting me do that, primarily to either troll me or keep his crowbar, some more.

I back up and try to roleplay because an admin is breathing down my neck and basically telling me i'm being an idiot about this, when in reality, it was Chop Halloway.

FlatPancake tells me to search him ICLY. So I call for backup because I know he's just going to pull some dumb shit and resist in some stupid way, three more units show up and are in the room.
I say /me would attempt to grab his feet and pull him down off the table.
He says in LOOC [Bro you have to RP getting on the table to do that.'
I lose my shit and start spamming /me's like /me lifts his left leg. /me puts it on the table. /me flexes his muscle to pull himself up on the table.

He then says "Chop Holloway: [LOCAL-OOC] Okay, rule #32. Don't flood the chat with /mes."

Then this happens

331jgya.png

And here is a video of the confrontation, the final dumb /me not included.

Note I untied him so he could drop the script, but he tries to RP as if his hands are free, smoking a cigarette. He never dropped it, and I never attempted to tie him back up. So all his 'serious' rp he wanted, could've never happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0u3NUqOSVI&feature=youtu.be

Also Vorti very cute edit onto your post, I agree with the top half, love you too m8. Implying your factious opinion of me matters.

As far as me 'acting out of line' or 'pseudo-admin' and 'taking it too far' I simply did not want this minge to go back to roleplaying with his crowbar, as he was mingeful with it. I ONLY wanted his crowbar gone, so he couldn't fuck up the integrity of the server any more, as he tried with Natalie, and the people at the shop.

Also note at 9:45 the recruit opened the door, and left it open, he tries to mingerun out of this 'serious rp' he wanted so bad, further acknowledging my claim of tier 1 minge and not wanting to deal with him any longer.

i like how in the thumbnail you have your mp5 aimed at him as if he could possibly do anything inside that 8x12 room that would justify ventilating him script-wise

Art said:
i like how in the thumbnail you have your mp5 aimed at him as if he could possibly do anything inside that 8x12 room that would justify ventilating him script-wise
I aimed my mp5 at him because I untied him and at any time he could have decided to bring out the crowbar and start hitting me with it.

combinekyle6892 said:
I aimed my mp5 at him because I untied him and at any time he could have decided to bring out the crowbar and start hitting me with it.
...Why didn't you decide to ICly confiscate the crowbar while he was tied up?

Kiako said:
...Why didn't you decide to ICly confiscate the crowbar while he was tied up?
I ICLY confiscated it in the plaza. The script does not allow me to take items from the inventory, so I did a /me when I was in the plaza. I untied him in the 101 room to give him a chance to drop it because technically I took it from him. Also note he cannot drop it while he is tied up, so I untied him thinking he would be a good roleplayer and drop it for me. He did not, and the events of this OP played out.

No matter how you really look at this it seems it was just a kid wanting to save his scripts and refusing to do the right thing kyle pretty much is spot on with this evidence it was a ooc matter and it needed solving but somehow people saw his "Roleplay" as a IC matter?

Shoulda just ignored the fact that he had a script in his inventory, and simply assumed he had it taken away ICly. Even if he does whip it out, you have kevlar, an smg, and a stun stick to fight him off.

To be fair, I think the CP is clearly in the wrong here. He's constantly stalling Chop's attempts to role-play in the rare scenario that Chop overpowers him and takes his MP5. This CP is obviously very script-oriented and doesn't want to lose his MP5.

Lewis said:
To be fair, I think the CP is clearly in the wrong here. He's constantly stalling Chop's attempts to role-play in the rare scenario that Chop overpowers him and takes his MP5. This CP is obviously very script-oriented and doesn't want to lose his MP5.
No, the only reason why he was dragged to that room was because he would refuse to give up the script and that he was minge running away.
All of that was OOC until me and three other officers attempted to actually tried to RP with him until his ridiculous /me.

Seems like a classic case of people only considering what benefits their character the most roleplay and everything else minging.

SuperiorFirepower said:
Seems like a classic case of people only considering what benefits their character the most roleplay and everything else minging.
Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread