[CCC] Arbitrary and Annoying kick

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicCommander

silly facker
May 20, 2011
Here's a log of the event in question. I'd asked Rowtree to do an /ev out of this, and he told me to do an /ad. So I did. This had around 5-10 minutes of buildup.

[ADMIN] Peter Preston (CosmicCommander): Atop the Nexus, a loud creaking sound can be heard. After but a moment, it intensifies into a squeal that can be heard throughout the whole plaza. Before most people can register what's happening, a loud bang can be heard. Piles upon piles of ration parcels stream out of what appears to be a newly-ruptured pipe on the Nexus' roof. Around a dozen of the rations fall off; tumbling down into the plaza below.
[ADMIN] Peter Preston (CosmicCommander): wrong /a
SWEP:SetWeaponHoldType - ActIndex[ "" ] isn't set! (defaulting to normal)
SWEP:SetWeaponHoldType - ActIndex[ "" ] isn't set! (defaulting to normal)
(Peter Preston) [AD] v Atop the Nexus, a loud creaking sound can be heard. After but a moment, it intensifies into a squeal that can be heard throughout the whole plaza. Before most people can register what's happening, a loud bang can be heard. Piles upon piles of ration parcels stream out of what appears to be a newly-ruptured pipe on the Nexus' roof. Around a dozen of the rations fall off; tumbling down into the plaza below.
[OOC] Jennifer 'Red' Haniver: NEIN
[OOC] CCA.C17-JURY.01.13127: what a strange advertisement
[Radio] CCA.C17-VICE.04.57628: 871 I don't have access to the control system!
CCA.C17-UNION.04.06656: Damn.
[OOC] CCA.C17-JURY.03.99868: LOL
[Radio] Peter Preston: AH!
Disconnect: Kicked by Ezekiel 2.0 "Magic Beancounter".
Disconnect: Kicked by Ezekiel 2.0 "Magic Beancounter".
When I asked Ezekiel to explain this, he failed to respond. Hence I'm taking this to the rest of you. It takes me nearly 5 minutes to connect, so being kicked is a huge inconvenience.

Sorry for using the ban boards for this, but I don't have anywhere else to go for it.

I really shouldn't have to explain my reasoning but that was ridiculously retarded event. I've been busy all afternoon and you should know better.

I digress. I think I roleplayed it adequately with the units, and I don't think I did it in an obnoxious manner. I don't think that shit warrants a kick, and I think you invoking a bad mood in your hasty and disruptive decisions is a sign of sloppiness.

I'd be fine with you saying "Voided" and explaining to me your precise rationale. Not a kick, when all that was going on is that I was creating some RP. The invocation of "it's obviously common sense that this" is a bad idea.

Don't ever reason something away with, "it's common sense." I mean granted, it exists to some extent, but we players of varying degrees of maturity.

Do you realize how strange what we do is to an onlooker? Are there really set rules that we don't have to justify actively? TnB isn't the only serious RP server to have been created, other servers have different rules, other HL2 servers have different rules-- Just to explain how absurd it is to use "the common sense argument" on a medium which literally ANYBODY can use. Try to treat each case individually.

Also this, most non-admin people, or people who didn't spend a lot of time on SRP won't understand the 'economy' that goes into a server. It makes sense to control the 'economy' on HL2 than on literally any other server (which is like a whole other thing). So while it would've been a GREAT, AMAZING thing to roleplay (most of the events that day were pretty ace), it affects a little more than roleplay. It kind of messes with this whole system the administration team is trying to maintain. And whilst for people who roleplay quite a lot, the script is not chief of things, we get plenty of new players where the script acts as their guiding star.

Or I'm talking out of my pill bottle again.

Even if it was a misguided kick it's nothing CCC worthy.

Raygin said:
Even if it was a misguided kick it's nothing CCC worthy.
CCCs aren't a big deal, they're just words, thoughts projected across a medium that was designed and set up for that exact reason.

He cares enough about the server to put himself out there, and go through the effort of making the thread.

I'd be more worried if nobody was making CCCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread