brigand! disciplinary action request (Powergame, avoiding rp, being an ass in gooc)

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I interacted with you on my unit - somehow your character wasn't hit by several Glock shots at point-blank range, I let that go, then when your crab jumped on a dumpster and was met by another barrage, again at close range, it was only scratched - it took me one more attempt till you emoted getting shot, not to mention you wanted to roll to avoid getting shot in general even though it's a logical conclusion that your char. would get hit so in so close range. It's not even you pernamently (you keep it iirc) losing the character - as people said before you're here to create RP and develop other characters, not yours.

okay, ill tell the little dickhead to stop being and dickhead in ooc. he just needs a little talking to. but when im done with him, he will be MY BITCH.

When I interacted with you on my unit - somehow your character wasn't hit by several Glock shots at point-blank range, I let that go, then when your crab jumped on a dumpster and was met by another barrage, again at close range, it was only scratched - it took me one more attempt till you emoted getting shot, not to mention you wanted to roll to avoid getting shot in general even though it's a logical conclusion that your char. would get hit so in so close range. It's not even you pernamently (you keep it iirc) losing the character - as people said before you're here to create RP and develop other characters, not yours.

I was also there with Santoro when this happened. Ober's headcrab 'dodged' at least 6+ bullets point-blank. Santoro even finally told you in LOOC that you were powergaming; yet you're complaining about it.
You're also roaming around in the middle of the plaza and d2 tunnel as a headcrab. Personally, I feel like they should only be limited to the sewers and canal area and generally outside of the plaza; but that's the admin's choice.

Damn. Now that I look at all of this, I guess it was just a huge fuck up on my part. I'm sorry for doing a piss-poor job of headcrab RP. I guess i'll look into it more and how I can do a better job. Yesterday I had fun with the headcrab on S2, I just wanted to use the character longer today, because I'm usually told to take a break when an encounter ends with my death. Close/delete this please, I understand my mistakes.

Everyone can learn, but I suggest you look at your own mistakes first before commenting those of others.

clearly pirat is a menace to society and all roleplays and has wasted his gracious second chance

time to strap him back in, boys...

gun > meatsacks that are headcrabs

if someone is aiming at you point blank, chances are they wont miss, and dont need to 'attempt' to shoot you

Last edited:
I see how it can ruin flow, but you don't have to be an ass about it in GOOC. Keep in mind that I have had the headcrab for 2 days now, and I have died in every encounter I have been in.
rofl

i've had a headcrab for half a year and, coincidentally, i've died in every single one of my encounters.

infact, on all of my xenian creatures, i haven't once not died in an encounter.

huh, coincidence??????????

your "character" is a medium for roleplay and creating it for other players, not it's own individual with feelings. if you can't comprehend that you're not going to "win" every single scenario you're placed in, than you shouldn't be playing a xenian.

If you read my post, I was in the open because I was ooc trying to get somewhere when you found me.

don't do this, this is the absolute fastest way to shitty roleplay situations nobody is happy with, xenian or not. if you're ooc, stay ooc; if you're ic, stay ic. if you're ooc and come across a situation you'd like to become involved in, don't just make the snap decision that oh, you're ic now - go find a way to introduce your character to the scene properly, rather than popping out of thin air, so to speak.

otherwise, what's already been said is on the money; headcrabs are ambush predators and the best way to create roleplay with them is to do things like hide in people's kitchen cupboards, fall out of air conditioning vents, fall asleep in their fridge, something like that - something where you're mutually startled, they don't already have a gun out and plenty of time to get ready for you to literally walk into their line of fire, etc.

pirate didn't powergame; as has been demonstrated, you had been yourself. i think the problem here is that you're expecting what most tnbers expect on their human characters - which is to win, and prove how great their character is. this is a bad enough mindset in that context, but when you're (subconsciously, i'm sure) doing it on the weakest, most vulnerable of xenian creatures which are intended to generate brief encounters rather than longterm character development, it turns into a disaster waiting to happen.

while i'm here i'll kill two birds with one stone and say this is a recurring problem with event characters, xenian or otherwise, and certain examples involving event overwatch going rogue or event rebels not doing what the event organiser needs them to do are further symptoms of tnb players' utter inability to separate themselves from not only their characters but whatever character they are playing. stop it, all of you.

pirate's an abrasive fucker but that's just how it is, and in this situation he was entirely in the right. if you don't want people to get shitty with you, then you need to stop and wonder why they're starting to get angry rather than double down on your position; more often than not it's for a good reason, which can be talked out.

I thought Xenian "Deaths" are more like "rename the char and ur good" kind of thing?
Its not like you are being Pk'd or something, right?
even so, no need to be so attached to what is basically a huge highly murderous rat.
e; never post before you read the thread.

Locked and just a friendly reminder to not shitpost in these threads, for some reason it's been a reoccurring thing in numerous ban appeals/ban requests etc. Please stop. ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread