brigand! disciplinary action request (Powergame, avoiding rp, being an ass in gooc)

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ober

Jan 6, 2015
OOC name: brigand!
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5544037
What happened: I was getting to a place ooc, when a guy in a trenchcoat came around the corner and took it IC. I decided to play along. He went back around the corner and pulled out a smg. When he came back around to face me, I emoted jumping at him (on his arms), and immediately after, he emoted gunning me out of the air. When I told him that it was powergame, he proceeded to be an ass about it in looc and walked off. Much later, someone in gooc said something about a headcrab in their apartment. Even though I wasn't even involved in that incident, he started talking shit about me in gooc and got half of the server to get mad at me.
Time it happened: about half an hour ago.
Pictures/proof:
Volodya Huckster: OH SHIT!

('Cutter') ** The xenian looks up at the man. It bares it's 'teeth'. **

** Volodya Huckster backpedals around the corner whilst fumbling with a bag.

Player Jayden0113 left the game (Disconnect by user.)

Thumbs: 164093 => 24215

('Cutter') ** The creature makes an inhuman squeal. **

** Volodya Huckster tracks back around the corner with an MP5 shouldered. His boots squeak with every step. Squeak, squeak, squeak. Fuck, that's annoying.

Adom Amenhotep: [OOC] Iv'e been listening to Eurythmics and Arcade Fire all day

CCA.C17-HAMMER.04.81296: [OOC] i have no idea what those are

CCA.C17-HAMMER.04.08787: [OOC] Eurythmics is pretty good.

Adom Amenhotep: [OOC] Their songs fit very well with HL2

Unknown command: wire_max_server_size_cache

Volodya Huckster: [OOC] room 101

('Cutter') ** The creatur looks at the man. It hops forward, possibly right into his arms. **

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] *creature

(Jylor Juarez) ** Another individual comes across the scene, surprised by the sight of a headcrab in the inner city. **

Adom Amenhotep: [OOC] https://www. youtube.com/wa tch?v=Pyp34v6Lmcc

** Volodya Huckster opens a can of whoop-ass on the crab as it leaps, gunning it out of the air with extreme discretion... right next to district one.

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] going to gooc the gunfire

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] really

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] when you do your response

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] its already hard being a headcrab

** Jylor Juarez keeps his distance, but prepares to draw out his makeshift weapon he uses in the streets.

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] and then you powergame the shit out of me

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] i didnt powergame you i shot you

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] are you going to attempt to dodge the bullets while midair

Jylor Juarez stashes their Vodka.

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] you said you gunned it out of the air

Jylor Juarez stashes their Large Scrap Metal.

Jylor Juarez stashes their Scrap Electronics.

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] i used flavorful language

** Volodya Huckster Would Seemeingly Attempt To SHoot The Angr Hat Crab

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] is that more to your liking

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] yeah its less of powergame now

Thumbs: 164093 => 11561

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] u probably shouldnt have been given a xenian

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] is your 'character' dead or not

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] im not liking this at all

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] i dont care

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] I get that youre a rebel but this isnt the fucking matrix

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] im not even a rebel

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] lmfao

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] why do you have a trenchcoat and a smg

Volodya Huckster: [LOCAL-OOC] am i really going to have to call for an admin because a headcrab is mad about being shot

Jylor Juarez: [LOCAL-OOC] Mfw the guy that isnt even in the rebellion has a better weapon than someone who is.

Jylor Juarez: [LOCAL-OOC] Imma just, ya know, be on my way. Actions on my behalf are void.

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] call an admin, I dont care. You just decided to shoot me like it was nothing after I jumped at your arms. The world doesnt belong to you

[PM from Volodya Huckster] my forum name is brigand! and my steam id is STEAM_0:0:5544037

[PM from Volodya Huckster] go on and post ur lil ban request

[PM to Volodya Huckster] k thanks
[OOC] when there is a headcrab and you hide in your apartment OOC until it leaves

Sean Hughes: [OOC] press C on the item

'Cutter': [LOCAL-OOC] I have died 2 times in 2 years on my main char

Adom Amenhotep: [OOC] FUCKING DUMPSTERS

Volodya Huckster: [OOC] honestly the most he'll do to you is whine at you in looc for not using the word 'attempt'

Sean Hughes: [OOC] lol what a bitch

Eric Baker: [OOC] 'Cutter'

Eric Baker: [OOC] pls gtfo

'Cutter': [OOC] that wasnt me in the apt lmao

Caroline Maximillian: [OOC] What is he, and emo?

Michael Gerfrigo: [OOC] so adorable

Eric Baker: [OOC] i honestly thought headcrabs were adorable

'Cutter': [OOC] volodya you powergamed me lmao

Eric Baker: [OOC] until i saw...

Sean Hughes: [OOC] THE POISON HEADCRAB!

'Cutter': [OOC] "gunning him out of the air"

Volodya Huckster: [OOC] this isnt a clone stamp clockwork server

Caroline Maximillian: [OOC] The only thing more adorable is houndeyes.

Michael Gerfrigo: [OOC] because a headcrab is classified as a "citizen"

'Cutter': [OOC] why are you being such an ass volodya

Volodya Huckster: [OOC] i dont have to wedge the word 'attempt' or some trite variation of it into an action my character will objectively succeed at

Volodya Huckster: [OOC] such as shooting a headcrab 2 feet away from him

'Cutter': [OOC] did you have a bad day

Michael Gerfrigo: [OOC] I want to de-beak that fucker

Michael Gerfrigo: [OOC] enslave it and use it as my pet!

Marcus Peterson: [OOC] That happened to a headcrab yesterday lol

Michael Gerfrigo: [OOC] really?
What pisses me off is the fact that he didn't even consider that I would be able to jump on him quicker if I was '2 feet away from him' and when I was trying to educate him, he walked away and made an ass of himself in gooc. When I talked to Jylor, he agreed with me that Volodya was powergaming and was being an ass about it. Please do as you see fit and post anything that I may have missed.

you don't need to educate me, thanks - i think you're the one in need of an education

this isn't a cookie-cutter clockwork server, I don't need to "attempt" to shoot you (or some synonym of attempt) when my character has drawn a bead on your character while 2 feet away

if you can provide a single example of how someone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together could possibly fuck up shooting a target within spitting distance with a two-handed weapon that he's already aiming, please, let's hear it

yes, he's the headcrab. he was moving into d1 via the d2 checkpoint and ran into my shady junk dealer (the guy that sold the other dude the "glasses that hide your identity from scanners") who bailed out and drew a gun to avoid wasting time since he was being chased from the other direction by units

why wedge "would seemingly attempt" into every single fucking emote? it's so fucking trite. if your character somehow evades a pose, then roleplay it. "attempt" ruins flow.

the burden is on you to explain how my character could possibly have missed this shot:
jHbI3lG.jpg

and yeah, i walked away from your ooc whining

I see how it can ruin flow, but you don't have to be an ass about it in GOOC. Keep in mind that I have had the headcrab for 2 days now, and I have died in every encounter I have been in.

that's because you're playing the most fragile hostile NPC there is and attacking people in the open instead of respecting the headcrab's nature as an ambush predator

I see how it can ruin flow, but you don't have to be an ass about it in GOOC. Keep in mind that I have had the headcrab for 2 days now, and I have died in every encounter I have been in.

That's usually what's going to happen when you play a xenian event character

there are somethings you gotta sacrifice when playing as a xenian creature.
sure, the situation is shitty, but the point is to create roleplay, even tho it's short as shit and getting gunned down immediately
theres so many ways you two could have played it out

if i hadn't been playing a character whose sole purpose was to sell funny glasses, rusted-through teapots and bleach with a funny accent then sure

volodya is a humorous piss-take on that specific type of "character" we're all too familiar with

meaning im not going to sit around for enthralling roleplay with a brain parasite with cops on my heels

headcrabs are perfectly survivable xenians if you pick your battles instead of sitting in the open in a tunnel and attacking anyone who comes by until one of them happens to have a gun

also why did you go ooc, then decidely go ic
i would've just head to my area and set up my little cozy headcrab place and wait for someone patiently, instead of roaming around in the tunnel to d2

that's because you're playing the most fragile hostile NPC there is and attacking people in the open instead of respecting the headcrab's nature as an ambush predator
If you read my post, I was in the open because I was ooc trying to get somewhere when you found me.

nah man its all about that headcrab character development

gotta work yourself up the ranks and be the first civil administrator headcrab

For real, I think this was just a misunderstanding on your part. Someone wanna toss up some of the guide posts we have lying around?

If you read my post, I was in the open because I was ooc trying to get somewhere when you found me.
you also said you took it ic, just because you say you were ooc doesn't mean anything when you chose to take it ic.

ok so why not say that instead of picking a fight you know you're going to lose, then whining about losing the fight

i don't really understand

Yeah, the fight was kind of poor now that I look at it, but the thing that still gets me is that you were being an ass in GOOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread