Brady

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

actsub

B-B-B-BANNED
Feb 19, 2012
Players Name: Brady
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30289962
Reason for ban: Disconnected to avoid losing his 'price and joy'.
Proof:
0630CB296CF44A88ABEC6F8580B9B548198854BE

Initiated a robbery on Brady on his 'Sime' character, had him in a vice with The Man up top of the ladder to the tunnels by duty aiming down at him and Dan at the bottom. Note the OOC attachment to the gun.

70F87680764982D712DFC81DBABFB9B48969023D

Takes massive breaks between emotes, I'm talking five minute long hiatuses to write 14 lines. Additional to this enormous delay is the fact that Midgetonic, on Brady's friends list, is conveniently looking around at the time up top on The Man's end. Just a thought.

Dan eventually goads him into dropping his gun, the guy emotes dropping it, looks around a little, then I ask him if the person who was observing around us with a flashlight nabbed the gun and, sure enough, he disconnects without a word. Doesn't time out, clearly leaves manually.
What would you like to see improved:
Raygin 'spoke' to us about it after, which constituted jumping across the tunnel opening over and over and occasionally giving a one word reply. He said we would 'probably' get the gun and he'd 'talk to him' about it. When Brady rejoined, Raygin banned him for a day, didn't give me the gun that was due and never said a word when I stated that I should have received it.

A day ban for this kind of blatant materialism is weak (should be at least a week), and I want the M4 that was due since I put up with his snail typing for 15 minutes to no desirable end.

Midgetonic told me that his internet has crashed. I unbanned him so that the roleplay may resume from the point where he disconnected.

Bans and Roleplay

If a player is banned as a result of their actions, whatever they might be, during roleplay it does not void the roleplay they are involved with unless an SCL says otherwise or all parties involved agree to void it.

For example: Bob sneaks into Freedom base and tries to steal from their stockpile. Freedom members catch Bob. Bob refuses to roleplay and is banned for it. Bob's ban expires. Bob is still obliged to finish the roleplay he got himself into unless Freedom agrees to let him void it or an SCL deems it necessary to void it.

Slightly outdated due to the SCL term being used when we don't have one, but regardless, this is what my judgement was based off of. The roleplay isn't voided or skipped because of a ban, and it is highly preferable for it to resume unless it's considered impossible or both parties agree on it. Also, the person banned (Sime) was done so before getting back on the server.

This is Brady, not Midgetonic. Besides, he lied. Here's me asking for it again and him leaving the second I do.

C15ACD31FDFF85A594A97855B4769F069B03261D

The roleplay is voided and skipped every time he disconnects to avoid me, and also impossible because The Man is now offline and Duty are all over their nearby base.

i played The Man here. when i noticed that midgetonic is on brady's friends list, after the fact that brady seemingly stalled for what was about five to ten minutes of a single fourteen(?) word emote so that midgetonic's character, koits, could appear behind my character with his gun poised and ready to fire, there isn't a doubt in my mind that they metagamed to avoid roleplay -- or at the very least, save brady's "character" (if you can even call it that). it's pretty clear cut that brady disconnected to avoid rp. there isn't a time out error, and i'd be assed to believe that it was just coincidence that this was one of these scenarios where brady crashed yet still got the "user has disconnected", as raygin says happens sometimes. besides that, brady initially did seem pretty strung up over the notion of losing "the last gun in his inventory," to which he adds, "i'd like to rp this fairly" or something along those lines. i'm not interested in roleplaying again with him because i dont think roleplaying is actually in his intentions on the server.

I'm under the impression a day ban is not long enough for this guy when he has no idea what he did wrong. It's obvious to us, but as for him, he's from HGN. You have three options with those players: 1) teach them, 2) ban them, and 3) let them degrade the server even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread