Ban Request : Steve

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're challenging Steve's skill as a programmer or developer but that has jack all to do with his abuse of administrative powers

The point really shouldn't be whether or not Steve does work, it's pretty irrelevant to the argument and if he isn't contributing then that's for the rest of the dev team and Dave to sort out.

The issue should be, regardless of his power or position, the malicious conduct (if any). Sweeping that under the rug with the excuse that he does a lot for the community personally doesn't sit right with me.

how about we give him the benefit of the doubt he won't do stupid shit again and will revert the shit he did

pirate said:
and that's fine but there's still a significant problem with the way he uses the powers he has

Lawrence said:
I don't think we're challenging Steve's skill as a programmer or developer but that has jack all to do with his abuse of administrative powers

Jeuz said:
The point really shouldn't be whether or not Steve does work, it's pretty irrelevant to the argument and if he isn't contributing then that's for the rest of the dev team and Dave to sort out.
Reading through the OP and having entertained myself with shoutbox comments earlier, I'd say that the amount of work he does as a developer is definitely being questioned, for whatever reason.

it's because nobody can see what he's doing except dicking around with shit in a seemingly antagonistic fashion

however if he's actually contributing then fine but there's still the issue of the administrative abuse

help he removed my signature
relax steve does way more then you guys give him credit for

oh boy here we go again

Spartan5150 said:
See : Pirate, My Self and the other dozen folks who he's just gone mucking about on the forums fucking with their forum accounts, where as other people's signatures remain unmolested. If he's not going to do anything productive, he needs to be tucked into bed.
i dont really know how to explain to you that it isnt a grave injustice that your gigantic flashing gif signature got removed

it didnt really warrant going on a childish tirade in the shoutbox either

also bennet removed pirate's sig (i don't know why, ask him) so you can stop going on about that

FervensPb said:
random infractions to permabanning, to modifying my user account so i would be unable to post
you mean the time you got an automatic week ban triggered by a 1-point infraction for repeatedly shitposting in someone else's thread and gang put you in the no-appeal group?

Gangleider said:
no. i revoked his ability to post appeals after banning/deleting(we banned them at first) two of his alts, at which point i extended his ban to permanent along with it.
FervensPb said:
he's so manic about it that for a while he used to manually check every new account made to see if it was associated with a similar looking ip address to mine (or a tor outlet) because his bot to do so wasnt working
(this never actually happened)

FervensPb said:
oh boy this thread again

hey i remember this post!
Steve said:
quick rundown:

- toast shitposts in vioxtar's thread, viox reports it and it gets deleted
- toast keeps shitposting
- toast gets a 1-point shitposting infraction, gets autobanned for a week
- toast makes alts, continues posting
- alts are banned or deleted, toast is permabanned
- toast keeps making alts

he isnt a special victim, we routinely ban/delete alternate forum accounts regardless of who made them

repeated alts and gimmick, spam or troll accounts also get all their posts deleted so that's nothing exceptional
like it or not you were never specifically targeted. this idea you have about being singled out and persecuted (e.g. gang broke the forum config file by accident and you immediately went off about how we were breaking your forum account and yours alone to try to get rid of you, and you're still bringing it up six months after it was explained to you) is based soley on 2 or 3 gray-area calls by myself or gangleider, and this 'grudge' thing is pretty much completely on your end.

dunno what to tell you man, no explanation seems to be good enough and i'm beyond caring at this point

pirate said:
Considering he flat out lied to grant himself a reason to get rid of me and screamed in TS when confronted I am personally in favor

He's obsessive and abusive in the extreme, God help you if you're open about disliking him because he will do his absolute best to discredit and delete you
i banned you from the forums after repeated warnings because you thought that outright flaming and treating people like shit = "being honest" or "real talk", bennet decided to unban you because apparently you cleaned up your act and whether you did remains to be seen

if by "screaming in TS when confronted" you mean "got pulled into an SF convo with you/bennet, and told you that you had an awful attitude and i was sick of dealing with your shit and wasn't going to unban you, and never had any dealings with you after that" then sure, that happened i guess?

contrary to what you've decided about me, i don't actually do much about people who 'openly dislike me' even when open dislike turns into flaming. case in point, no one has been infracted or banned because of this trainwreck of a thread. so yeah, you're full of shit mate.

Spartan5150 said:
I've asked about what he's scripted and gotten little to no answer, the last time I heard anything about him scripting something he broke shit and other competent devs had to fix it.
[citation needed]

FervensPb said:
that sounds about in line with what happened when i scripted with him for ggl so.........................
let's see here, uh

back in 2011 i was still tinkering with TSChat.lua and i never did any scripting for ggl, but if you really want to discredit me there are plenty of things you could dredge up from 4 years ago that actually happened

pirate said:
Steve outserved his purpose to TnB long ago. I never understood why he has power still.

E: Apparently he still scripts for TnB? If so what exactly does he script for TnB.. And why does working on a script supposedly allow him to moderate these forums as if it's North Korea
i asked and he just gave snide comments and deflected
(this never actually happened)

shotcopper 9000 said:
I can't possibly imagine how anybody figures it's a good idea to give moderation/admin power to people based on a role that has nothing to do with either. The whole idea of picking moderators is that you pick people who moderate, not people who close down anything and anyone they disagree with. If you can't remain impartial and learn to separate your role as a mod from your opinions, then you shouldn't be one.

Giving out additional roles as some kind of incentive to keep devs around is beyond retarded, even if they actually are being useful.
i was made supermod in 2012 or 2013 and it's completely separate from being a dev. i don't close down 'anyone and anything' that i personally dislike, by any means. hell, if i did then several people in this thread wouldn't've been unbanned.

e: also i'd like to point out that none of the people talking shit about me in this thread have ever come to me over forum PMs or SF to voice their apparently numerous concerns with my forum moderation, programming activity or occasional on-server hijinks in the 2 years that i've been a moderator or a developer, they just wait until one of these threads gets made and then pile in to make accusations about things that never happened and give constructive criticism like "steve is shit get rid of him" :v:

so to recap this thread is dumb and i'm disappointed in all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread