Ban Request / John Marnett (SamuraiJack) + Pvt. Nadya Kozyar (Disorder)

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mooch_

Banned
May 8, 2016
OOC Name: SamuraiJack + Disorder

SteamID: Samurai Jack = STEAM_0:1:33462327, Disorder = STEAM_0:0:15331114

Character Name: John 'Jacket' Marnett (SamuraiJack) + Pvt. Nadya Kozyar (Disorder)

What happened:

Popo (Pvt. Ken Shibata) and I (Roger Collins) we're on our way to the Factory FOB. During that time, we we're attacked by a drone. Popo split, going back to the FOB to get help. As I was under cover I was roleplaying moving through cover, closing back on the base -- hoping Shibata would get backup. As I came around the corner, I made eye contact with a few people on main post of the FOB (Pvt. Nadya Kozyar / Disorder and John "Jacket" Marnett / SamuraiJack)

Disorder than, without roleplay, S2K'd me. I asked in OOC what that was about, and respawned. Upon returning, I was told it was Nadya. Annoyed by their behavior, I slapped them with a fridge prop. I know that was wrong, it was my inner Pirate coming to light. Sorry.

A quick /a had the situation resolved, and I was teleported back -- along with the drone. We carried on. This time, hoping to rectify the lack of roleplay.

The situation devolved as I got back into the FOB. As I was trying to /me the situation, they simply S2K'd the bot. This was a huge disappointment, as we were hoping to generate a tense situation -- but alas, it was over just as quick as it began.

Afterwards, you may refer to the screenshots. I continued to try and roleplay the aftermath of the close call, and they were instead happy just pointing their guns at me and trying to take mine. The entire interaction consisted of two /me's on their behalf, before they S2K'd me again.

It's just really sad that a listed tech comm player is participating in behaviour like this. It's clear they're having a power trip, and its clear that they never had intentions to properly roleplay the situation.

I'm not gunning for a ban, I just want to raise attention that a factioned player (and a new player who needs to learn how to differentiate S2K/RP) is putting in no efforts to even try and roleplay.

Time it happened:
Just now

Pictures/Proof: https://imgur.com/a/vvtGr

I'm gonna keep this one brief.

You led a T-600 towards the resistance base, on purpose. Several people saw you, and Wolfgang called you out. We acted accordingly. It's already been handled server-side, with warnings, and whatnot. Don't bring Disorder into this. He didn't do anything wrong.

Don't do that stuff bro, none of us wanted to shoot you. I'd like to think you're not a minge, but you kinda proved me (us) wrong.

I'm gonna keep this one brief.

You led a T-600 towards the resistance base, on purpose. Several people saw you, and Wolfgang called you out. We acted accordingly. It's already been handled server-side, with warnings, and whatnot. Don't bring Disorder into this. He didn't do anything wrong.

Don't do that stuff bro, none of us wanted to shoot you. I'd like to think you're not a minge, but you kinda proved me (us) wrong.

You failed to differentiate from a minge blatantly S2King and luring a terminator, and an actual player capable of roleplay reacting and drawing out a situation.

Edit: I'd also like to add, you do not have the authority to shoot players because you think they're doing wrong. Utilize /a. Had you have done so originally, this post would not exist. Lesson learned.

You failed to differentiate from a minge blatantly S2King and luring a terminator, and an actual player capable of roleplay reacting and drawing out a situation.

Edit: I'd also like to add, you do not have the authority to shoot players because you think they're doing wrong. Utilize /a. Had you have done so originally, this post would not exist. Lesson learned.

And you failed to have common sense. I'm not going to mince words, I fucked up. I should not have S2K'd you. However, it's completely out of character to -PURPOSELY- lead terminators towards a resistance base.

I don't have anything else to say, really. Sorry, I guess?

Okay, let's start with what happened initially: We were at the outpost Omega minding our own business when we saw someone which was your character turn a corner. If he ran towards the FOB maybe things wouldn't have been so drastic. So your character pushes towards the place where the 600 was and kept on shooting him instead of retreating, that was basically a confirmation that the 600 itself is pissed off and would likely attack the FOB, something which is completely frowned upon and sought to avoid at all costs considering it holds most of the leftover supplies of TC.

I went with the assumption that unless stated otherwise the engagement is s2k and proceeded to do so, maybe it could even fool the 600 that he got the target and then it would pass without attacking us. My character came to try and check your corpse but she heard the 600 coming even closer and ran back to Omega.

Now, you came back and as you said instead of trying to reach middle ground which I'm always opened up with tried to slam us with a fridge. We got that out of the way and you demanded the roleplay to be redone, not even giving me a chance to chit in an opinion.

We resume back to where it left off, didn't even get a chance to type down an emote because instead of following the same pattern of shooting the 600 your character just shot once and instantly ran to the FOB in which my character alongside a few more decided that a weapon was too dangerous for your character and risked everyone's lives, hence why it ought to be taken for a time until he proved that he was no longer a liability for everyone. There was an exchange of emotes and Samurai's character did one of shooting yours, he went overboard here as to had better let you do a reaction, it's common sense anyway.

This is a side note, I saw you add me on steam and thought it would be so we could exchange better details to reach better common grounds so it's good for everyone, instead you started throwing insults like this was something completely personal.

I don't know what you want more here, there was a clear lack of understanding between us, should you had been a little more open we wouldn't be here wasting our time and focus more on actual roleplay.

Edit: This is the location where it happened for future reference https://imgur.com/a/tRlNh

And you failed to have common sense. I'm not going to mince words, I fucked up. I should not have S2K'd you. However, it's completely out of character to -PURPOSELY- lead terminators towards a resistance base.

It was already not established not to shoot me, you had an example set the first time I was gun-downed that it was infact an IC situation, and you still failed to follow the precedent that was set.

Disorder Disorder This applies to you as well. An admin literally corrected a situation, it should have been evident we were trying to get some /me's out of the bot too. You let him get one single yell out, before you guys showed you had no interest in continuing further, and S2K'd him as well. This situation was never S2K.

Last edited:
It was already not established not to shoot me, you had an example set the first time I was gun-downed that it was infact an IC situation, and you still failed to follow the precedent that was set.

I had nothing to do with you dying the first time? That's the first I've heard of it.

Honestly, at the end of this all: I just want an apology.

It's extremely disrespectful to be S2K'd, even more so after an admin has taken the time to sort the situation out. It's extremely insulting to have a regular player (who is wrong) take up a defacto administrative role and try to punish me as they see fit. I know you're having a hard time understanding what's going on, but I bid you to just take a step back and rethink everything that happened. It was never in my intention to "bait for lolz," nor was it my intention to hop on and be rude to another player + post a ban request today. However, it seems its in your own interest you police the server and tell us whats what.

It is not your prerogative as a player to use your SWEPs to dispense punishments for OOC actions and it is not at all becoming of you as a roleplayer to gun people down for IC reasons mid-roleplay. For the former contact an admin, for the latter at least have the common sense to let the scene play out before you wave your cock about. It seems that simple to me.

https://www.taconbanana.com/threads/etiquette-combat-emotes-and-timescale.27542/

I suggest you read this over for a better understanding of combat emotes. One-liners are a bit looked down upon, and destructive to roleplay, as you experienced, or caused to be more precise.

Let's calm down and leave this to staff, please.

The facts have been stated. Stop weighing in your opinion if you're not in charge or directly involved.

Thank you.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this as it's just going to go round in circles otherwise.

I can only apologise that this thread has only just come to my attention and I will find another admin to deliberate with and get back to you some time today.

Abaddon.

TRP is packed with minges running around with weapons, shooting terminators and luring them back to base, so I don't find it surprising that the initial response was to think it was another one and shoot them down. Though this is obviously not the correct way to deal with those situations, I do get it can be frustrating to have to deal with that all of the time.

So with that in mind: this was clearly a misunderstanding and it was handled poorly. It doesn't warrant a ban in my opinion, in the future please call for admin assistance instead and if you do intend on killing someone IC for that make sure you roleplay it out.

edit: just to clarify this is case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread