Ban request for Pirate (AKA Meredith)

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the evidence supplied so far even if it is a poorly done joke it speaks for itself.

Sorry 'bout this. I'm writing this pretty late at night, and i'm all out of wack.

This was clearly a joke & the people crowded around and the admins I was talking to actively while doing it is proof enough of that. Do you actually think I am stupid enough to think I could get away with taking your scripts? And why would I do it on a character that has no use for script items

If I rdm someone and claim it's a joke, does that make it okay? If I Prop kill someone and claim it's a joke, does that make it okay? The answer is no... No it doesn't make it okay.

-Flimsy claim that obvious sarcasm is in fact an absurd, malicious, and incompetent attempt to impersonate an admin.

-Sif posts support.

I should start betting on this crap.

There's a horrific logical gap in your argument about joking. I'm not sure you get the idea of what a joke is. If you RDM someone and then say it was a joke, that wasn't a joke, that was RDM. That's one thing, breaking an rule and then afterwards dismissing it as a joke.

The concept we're talking about here is where you'd have to take his joke at face value to consider him to be breaking the server rules. That's not the same thing at all. If we use the RDM example here, to transfer the same logic, you'd need to be claiming that someone who jokes about RDMing someone but never actually does it should be banned.

How do you manage to think in this way? Does it take training?

Kinsman_vanour said:
If I rdm someone and claim it's a joke, does that make it okay? If I Prop kill someone and claim it's a joke, does that make it okay? The answer is no... No it doesn't make it okay.

the difference is this didn't cause you to lose anything or inconvenience you at all since you weren't attempting to roleplay because you were too busy complaining about a lost geiger counter and obviously were not going to drop your items since the request was completely absurd

We have no proof that you would or would not have taken the items, so that's debatable. Also, I would have used my time to role-play, but instead I get a mean-spirited "Joke" shot at me, taking up most of my role-play time.

we have proof because i've done this time and time again in my many years here and not once have i taken anyone's items even after they've dropped them

do you think i'm a new player or this is a new trick? no, it's pretty much the oldest one in the book. i was doing it to new CPs on our hl2 in 2008.

Kinsman_vanour said:
We have no proof that you would or would not have taken the items, so that's debatable. Also, I would have used my time to role-play, but instead I get a mean-spirited "Joke" shot at me, taking up most of my role-play time.

Kinsman_vanour said:
We have no proof that you would or would not have taken the items, so that's debatable.

Kinsman_vanour said:
We have no proof that you would or would not have taken the items

Kinsman_vanour said:
We have no proof that you would... have taken the items

Kinsman_vanour said:
We have no proof

I uh... Yeah.

What are you accusing him of exactly?

Still, it seems very malicious for you and a couple friends to laugh your asses off at me if I actually dropped the items. I'll let the REAL admins handle this.

It seems very malicious to me that you'd colour your text red and underline it in such a hostile way I'm not going to post a fucking ban request about it.

[OBNOXIOUS]He didn't break a rule.[/OBNOXIOUS]

If you read my top post, it is that he impersonated an admin, and tried to manipulate scripts out of me. Please read the top post...

Hellfang said:
It seems very malicious to me that you'd colour your text red and underline it in such a hostile way I'm not going to post a fucking ban request about it.

[OBNOXIOUS]He didn't break a rule.[/OBNOXIOUS]

Why don't you take a nice long look at the big red text at the top of the page and stop this.

On the actual topic, I don't believe Pirate should be banned for this. It was very clearly just a joke where Pirate was dicking about. He wasn't seriously impersonating an admin, he was jokingly impersonating an admin. Which I've done several times today alone (though not on this scale, just "yes I"m an admin what can I do for you"), but recieved nothing beyond a kick.

I think it's less the reading and more the thinking aspect that's an issue.

Look dude, if you honestly think that Pirate would try to actually impersonate an admin, without actually changing his name to mimic one, without providing a shred of evidence or convincing argument, while just under a fifth of the server's population constituted administrators...

I mean I had an argument there somewhere but I've lost it in my staggering inability to comprehend the idiocy of that concept. I mean it's breathtaking.

Trying to 'manipulate scripts out of you' is not breaking a rule. That's a past-time for 90% of the population. Besides, again on the logic of point numero uno, he wasn't even doing that.

Nevermind the fact that I wasn't actually attempting to get scripts. what would i do with them on a UN observer character who isn't allowed to participate in the arms trade

He didn't break a rule and you didn't lose anything.

It really isn't a big deal.

This thread is really ... pointless. Pirate was joking. It was lost on the OP. I was on the server when Pirate said in all "im an admin" after someone asked. You need to take GOOC with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread