ZRP - The Revisit

bennet

Roleplay Department Administrator
May 22, 2011

In the age of the internet and social media it's hard to hide just about anything, but even with the availability of widespread information, it's also the age of fake news, or disinformation. The main sources of media aren't reporting the disappearances that are oddly wide spread, mostly affecting the homeless and the forgotten, but for those lurking and digging through what's there on the web, just below the surface, well, they can see the patterns forming. There's something happening, it's undeniable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not too much of an intro, we've been here before a couple of times. Let's get into a quick FAQ.

Q: What is this?
A: This is a ZRP RR that is entirely separate from the previous and also separate from Paroxysm.

Q: How long is this intended to last?
A: This RR does not have a time limit. It is intended to capture the feeling of the first two weeks of Paroxysm and correct the mistakes made following that time period.

Q: Is this the same world as Paroxysm?
A: No, this is simply current modern world 2019.

Q: Are guns easily obtainable?
A: Sure, easier than the last RR's + Paroxysm, but you're not gonna spawn in with one.

Q: When does the RP start? Is the outbreak already begun?
A: As always, we'll start before the outbreak. It's simply more fun.

Q: What are the expectations here?
A: Honestly, no expectations. I've got the assets, I paid for them and I want to get more use out of them. It fills the time (some of it) until next HL2 City and in the end to basically sum it up, I'm a zombie nerd ******.

Q: Is it going to become permanent?
A: Not a chance. We're doing HL2 City, this is very much a short term thing and assuming it doesn't crash and burn immediately, it will not last beyond a month at the most.

Q: When is it releasing?
A: Soon.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: rp_unioncity is fucking awesome for this and I want to use it very much and I'm in a position to do so so I am.

Q: What about gangs? Are they armed?
A: This is NY, there's lots of gangs. Italians, Irish, Street gangs, hit up the admins and see about being equipped. We want a lot of that gritty type of city RP before we get into any infection.

Q: Will this be like the original ZRP where zombie media isn't a thing?
A: Yeah, no zombie media. It's just hard to see it being taken seriously when someones whipping out knowledge of Shaun of the dead

Q: Will we be using the same content from the workshop as last time?
A: Yes - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1510947433

Q: What part of NYC are we in?
A: Brooklyn

Last edited:

nic

i flushed randy's hearing aids down the toilet
Jul 21, 2015
Identity
Hopefully this time we don't have another instance where a group like "The Saints" gets unusually big and powerful for a bunch of supposed hood-kids.

bennet

May 22, 2011
Added one more question/answer onto the end.

Feel free to ask more etc.

wester

Kiruclanz 2.0
HLNA Admin
Mar 7, 2015
Identity
He/Him
bennet bennet will the church be making any sort of comeback, preferably as a non-antagonist faction?

bennet

May 22, 2011
No, this has nothing got to do with Paroxysm so the Church as it was known is not a thing here. There is a lovely Church building on the map however so if someone wants to make something of it please feel free.

bennet

May 22, 2011
Is the server going to have a central story, or is it mostly free form?
I've got nothing passed the actual outbreak (when it finally comes to it) the story is down to what happens leading up to it.

An actual story might form depending on interest three weeks in or so and there will be some breadcrumbs spread throughout the initial weeks but they won't initially mean anything, this ZRP would be more of a standard one compared to what was happening with Paroxysm

pirate

nazi bastard
Sep 8, 2011
Real talk; despite the short life span I hope you will consider having a sinister human antagonist, even if it's something generic like THE GOVERNMENT or THE SCIENCE COMPANY.

bennet

May 22, 2011
Being straight forward with the time envisioned any 'official' human antagonist will likely result from the Government/Military this time. I.E if anyone has ever seen The Crazies etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)