ZRP Roleplay Exchange

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mox, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Mox

Mox master of hidden agendas. clandestine roleplayer.
    Contributor

Since we'll be focused on the world before it all goes to hell for a brief window, it might make sense for characters to know eachother already before the dead begin to walk. Friends and co-workers, family members or lovers. I feel this would be a great shortcut to allow characters to get together for roleplay on the get-go once the server starts.

Fill out the format with a brief summary of who your character is and what kind of roleplay you're looking for. Other users can then see your post and contact you to try and hook up for some RP once the server starts.

In the words of @Anri:
    Code:
    [b]Date:[/b]

[b]Character:[/b]

[b](Optional) Steam profile link:[/b]

[b]What are you looking for in roleplay?:[/b]

[b]What do you like in roleplayers?:[/b]

[b]What do you dislike in roleplayers?:[/b]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. LawlMan

LawlMan Zealot

United States
    Date: 7/31/2018

Character: Marceline Porter

(Optional) Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/HolyNutBallsWhat/

What are you looking for in roleplay?: Mainly something related to music, drugs, underground subcultures, etc. This character is someone who you wouldn't consider normal by society's standards and is more of an outcast type. Though I'm interested in maybe forming a friendship with a NYPD officer, someone that works for the church, etc. Might lead to some interesting and conflicting rp.

What do you like in roleplayers?: Nothing specific really. Only that they can type coherently(im not talking like book editing level or anything.).

What do you dislike in roleplayers?: Take every bit of the hl2rp rebels and trp people that don't do a whole lot of rp and mainly just s2k and meme around, and there you have it. Otherwise there's nothing I dislike.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Eyeball Val

Eyeball Val Member

United States
    Date: 7/31/2018

Character: Florence Knific

(Optional) Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SIRMAYDAY

What are you looking for in roleplay?:

I am looking for interactions that pertain mostly to my char's career. He is a bike courier that generally delivers packages of any manner. Whether drugs, illegal merchandise, or just a present to that special someone; Florence will deliver it no questions asked. His main goal at the end of the day is to survive with a pocketful of cash, as the streets of NYC can get pretty rough, especially when he has to make a delivery in gang or mob turf. He has met people from all walks of life and doesn't judge as it could be bad for business. Relationship wise, you can be a regular that hires his services, a relative or friend that he hangs out after dark, or even a fellow courier. Those are just some examples and I'm open to more ideas of interactions or relationships.

What do you like in roleplayers?:

I like people who take time and generally enjoy developing character relationships that are believable. I want to feel like hey, "There goes one of Florence's good friends, he could take the time to chat or say hello, depending on if he has a delivery." or "Shit Florence better meet up with _____ soon."

What do you dislike in roleplayers?:

People who generally don't rp or are too ridiculous. Like for example, I met this guy who said he was an Asgardian and he fell out of favor of Odin or some shit in Trp, and it was in his desc. Like really...why?

#3 Eyeball Val, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  4. Cambrysiel

Cambrysiel Zealot

United States
    Date:

Character:
    ‘Nobody’ & Rowan Vu

(Optional) Steam profile link:
    on mobile, will edit

For Rowan, I’d like to establish some pre-existing platonic relationships. She’s a college-aged young woman from LA who got expelled from NYU while perusing a performing arts major. She’s a somewhat recognizable figure within the counter culture & club scene as a DJ. She also delivers packages from succub.us, and I’d like to think she’s been detained/arrested a couple of times, so officers in the NYPD may be familiar with her as well. Hit me up if you have any ideas!

‘Nobody’ is going to be a sort of Banksy figure within New York & especially within the CC. Their appearance is unknown to the general public, but they often upload illegal music and coordinates to abandoned locations to Babel. It’s rumoured that they may work alongside Sentinel Networking & Surveillance, but it’s unknown whether or not this is true. For this character, I’m not looking for interpersonal relationships so much as I want their name to get spread around a bit through the web and word of mouth.

I’m not all that picky tbh. I’ll match rp style in steam / on discord. Just hit me up.

Red hair, Irish, Good with a Bo-
    The usual: over the top metagame, people who aren’t looking for long-term character development, etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Craynorine

Craynorine Senior Member

United States
    Date: 8/22/18

Character: Desmond Devlin

(Optional) Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Craynorine/

What are you looking for in roleplay?: Looking for some unique character development. I want to forge some good friendships throughout my experience. As for the type of roleplay, I don't mind. I go with the flow. As for the beginning of the server, however, Desmond is a student just heading into college after graduating from high school. He still hasn't decided on a major and very uncertain as to what he wants to do in general.

What do you like in roleplayers?: I like roleplayers who are focused on the roleplay. We have the ability to shape the story, and I think individuals who think like that are just more fun to roleplay with.

What do you dislike in roleplayers?: Players who constantly meme in OOC kind of bother me. Sure, we can banter around for a few minutes when the server's dead or the roleplay is slow, but consistently halting good rp to meme in LOOC is bothersome.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Cambrysiel

Cambrysiel Zealot

United States
    Same info as my above post.

Seeking somebody to play the long-time love of Ethel Gray, an elderly woman who is preparing to move to the countryside.

We will not survive long. We will undoubtably fall and break our hips while fleeing the outbreak. But goddamn it, we will be remembered.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Mox

Mox master of hidden agendas. clandestine roleplayer.
    Contributor

Date: 8/27/2018

Character: Walker Ives

(Optional) Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/goodideadoctorfreeman/
    You can also add me on discord if you like. Mox#4011

Walker is a character concept of mine that's meant to gun for a tragic tale well before the outbreak; A disenfranchised thirty/forty-something blue collar worker who's just trying to get by upon hard times. A former doctor who lost their job who is now working construction by day and manning the gas pump at the mini mart by night. I'm looking for a few things to match up with some other characters. Namely:
    • Someone to roleplay Walker's ex-wife, of which their marriage fell apart after the death of their child. They haven't spoken in nearly two years since the funeral and avoid one another at all costs.
    • Any number of characters with a musical talent. I'm trying to flesh out the character as much as I can and I'd like to envision that Walker is part of a small band of blues musicians that get together occasionally. Not a big spotlight and not very well known, more of just a local bar troupe that regulars might recognize.
    • Characters in the medical field who knew Walker as a co-worker or even a friend, to which he has dissociated from. They might try to call him up from time to time or even arrange plans, but he'd likely dip out.
    • Characters who might work at his current jobs.
    These are all rough drafts of ideas I have planned with the character and are meant to be flexible. Naturally I don't expect anyone to try and make a whole new character just to foot one of these bills, rather I'd prefer you took one of your already existing character concepts and possibly tack on one of these relationships/traits to them. Walker's not really active on the internet, still uses an old Blackberry and doesn't really find himself engaged in politics- simply because he isn't really a part of any group that's being marginalized.

I like roleplayers that are interested in coming up with roleplay situations in steam/discord and enacting them in server as a means of best executing the ideas and concepts we want to explore. I like letting things naturally occur, but something that forms between two characters with both roleplayers interested in fine-tuning the experience achieves a lot of great experiences.

I enjoy exploring morally gray areas and more nuanced, emotionally charged roleplaying. The hard choices.

People that are quick to shut down concepts and ideas and people that actively attempt to entwine memery into their roleplay. I'm tolerant of the occasional LOOC sidechat but I wouldn't promote it, and I certainly dislike it when it gets down to the wire with some more serious and more immersive moments between characters.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    #7 Mox, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. _Nirri™

_Nirri™ Legend

Belgium
    Date:

8/14/'18​

Character:

Esmé Davine​

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nirri/ - (Though just as easily reachable on Discord, if practically preferred method) Nirri#4217​

(Should've added this as it might be relevant:) Character in question is a mid-twenties college/uni student within courses for music and management of a business within entertainment spheres, fallen out of grace with a family that has ties to politics and the entire Faith, Cloth whatever you might want to call it.

She also sings within a very small, not that known band within counter-culture spheres.
    1. I'm mostly looking for anyone who'd be willing to establish a pre-build connection within the circumstances of 'underworld/gang/mob' connections.I'm by no means looking for my character to be deep in that sphere but more so anyone that would be involved in hiring or influencing individuals involved within the counter-culture to peddle small time stuff for them. (Drugs etc...)

2. Something that'd I'd like to have a bit of in terms of pre-build connections, is just any tethers that are connected to the college/university scene, mostly within the field of music and or management that more so is in line with fully supporting the current standing of entertainment and how it is viewed by the current worldview and what not, this is mostly to offer a more progressive clash with another character or two, to build on as a story.

3. This is practically at the bottom of the ladder, given I'm sure this will mostly come naturally but never hurts to have some smaller pre-build connections, especially with a brand new setting, server, makes things easier for the flow. I'm looking for any direct individuals involved within counter-culture that are involved within areas of primarily music; genre hardly matters in this case.

A willingness to just continue to build on a story even if things turn bad for the characters in it, often enough if things go bad some people are meh'd out and just want to get off that bad ride rapidly rather then slowly building off it, properly see where things go and don't fuss too much on 'when' does it get resolved, equally I think it's important that the person involved in RP with me or others is capable of being constructive and adding to the story themselves rather then just absorbing RP yet never really providing any back.

RP is always a give and receive type of deal, two way street. Not one way.​

A big stand out thing here would be the type of person that doesn't really grasp a focus towards how RP is meant to be - if they lack a complete willingness to come up with ideas to enhance a roleplay they're involved in, or in general can be considered incapable of even writing a proper character, where they are just playing out some typical hollywood flick type character and they're just an invincible bad ass gun toting individual and that's all they want to do. There's of course ways to do it right sorta, but often enough that's not the case.

Adding onto that I'd say I hold some dislike to people who put an over reliance on physical items within the format of roleplay, where they need to be able to spawn it in or have it there by design on the map to actually be capable of saying 'it's there', I can understand that within some scenes, but in others people should be fully capable of just imagining it's there and be capable of inserting it into their roleplay.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #8 _Nirri™, Sep 14, 2018
  9. Prezy

Prezy Member

Germany
    Date:
    Launch day

Character:
    Carlos Foster

https://steamcommunity.com/id/EL-Prezy/edit

Was looking forward that Howard will have the roleplay job ( before the outbreak and such ) as construction or warehouse logistic worker.

Like everyone else, i really like to see people taking some important things in the upcomming roleplay seriously.

I really do not like people posting/making LOOC memes in a current In Character situation that might be important for the roleplay later on.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    #9 Prezy, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 7:19 PM
  10. 7dast

7dast Zealot

United States
    Date: launch

character: sergeant jacques clayton leonard, nypd, homicide detective

steam: im 7dast no link

What are you looking for in roleplay? detective leonard is an old school detective, heavy on community policing, a pretty well known face in or around the city. especially among troubled youth and gangbangers.

what do you like in roleplayers? competency, decent writing, decent characters, banter

what do you not like? people who dont rp or go outside of their comfortable cliques

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Vicaderous

Vicaderous Senior Member

United States
    Date: yes, that Special day

Character:
    Xavier Chass

(Forum page)

A matter of all things, I'm not really too picky. It's more about, to me, focusing on the atmosphere of roleplay and how to blend in and even shape it at the same time. It's gonna be a little bit weird at first, but by then I think we'll get used to it. All I'm looking for is for some semblance of consistency.

I like courage, and realistic standards as if they were individual people. Some wit and some flaws with personality, and people who don't really need to be afraid to step into situations that may be uncomfortable to them OOCly or ICly. Personally it is hard at some times but that's all part of the adventure! Sometimes it's the journey that's better than the reward. Then again, I'm a pretty soft, engaging type of guy. I'll get into any conversation I'm able to.

Well for me there's not a lot to dislike... just a few minor details, sometimes it just depends on the situations but, butting into conversations rudely and abruptly. But I'm a pretty fluid guy sometimes, I'll be chill with most people.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Anri

Anri cute when mad

Germany
    haha...............

Date:
    today. sorry for the short notice.

Character:
    Claire Malloy

me

i'm looking for someone to play claire malloy's emt buddy / shift buddy. how well they know eachother is up to you; could be their first day, or they couldve known eachother for much longer. hmu!

i like when people take things seriously and don't drift off into pointless discussion - i don't mind a bit of fun, of course, but i do mind when people can't do any serious rp because they're busy giggling about stuff. people that can portray personalities in characters well also have all my love.

i don't like people that only get on the server to pursue ooc agendas and don't shy away from repeatedly making new characters to further pursue it until one finally achieves it. i also don't like people that drift off into LOOC memes, nor do i like people that try to bend the setting around their character rather than adjusting their character to the setting.

e; found someone! ty clunky

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    #12 Anri, Sep 14, 2018
  13. LilSumac

LilSumac Zealot
    Paroxysm Admin

United States
    Date: 9/17/18

Character: Lile Volkov

(Optional) Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/sumac/

What are you looking for in roleplay?: I was gonna type out a whole explanation but I figure it'd be better to just gauge if there's interest in the idea first before doing so. I'm looking to create a group of scientists/doctors/maybe engineers (?) with questionable morals for an underground (possibly literally) research collective PBG. The researchers would all have been publicly ousted/vilified from their research positions due to the federal government or even the general public not liking what they were doing (ie. genetic engineering, abortion, 'playing God', etc.) It was not created to research the cause of the outbreak, as it was formed prior to bad things starting to happen. There would be almost no scripts involved, so if you're looking to get kitted up for the apocalypse, don't look here. See this post for some context as to the kind of people that would be a part of this group. I'm actually also looking for someone to play the character in that thread, too.

Looking for sciencey-types and also bouncer-types.

Steam, Discord, or forum PMs will work!

What do you like in roleplayers?: Willing to cooperate and share RP. This is a group effort and I want people to be willing to interact with each other, whether they're in the group or not. Hopefully your character is capable of feeling remorse and other human emotions.

What do you dislike in roleplayers?: I'm not looking to create a cabal of people who lock themselves away and talk in hushed voices to each other all day. Not looking to fulfill the archetypes of 'savior of the wastes' or 'fedora-toting villain'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    #13 LilSumac, Sep 18, 2018 at 1:45 AM
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 1:52 AM
  14. Helios

Paroxysm Admin Moderator

United Kingdom
    Date: 18/09/2018

Character(s): Dwight Armstrong, Marco de Angelo, Monika Poznańska

What are you looking for in roleplay?: Some ties to build, really. We can work out the details of what in private. I feel like there's not much tying me to the server right now and I want that to change; especially with the direction it's going.

All of the characters are fairly flexible, with some unique details to each of them; I'd list all of them here but I don't want to describe all of them completely, especially since things can change. To surmise them from first to last; Dwight's an average Joe with some screwed up bits in his past and an overworking job, Marco is an aspiring mob type with The Two Families who's had it rough, and Monika is a med student who has a pension for Babel and fringe theories.

What do you like in roleplayers?: Cool hooks. Simple characters are fine too, but I like to see creativity. Gets me jiving.

What do you dislike in roleplayers?: Not much besides common sense. Try not to be too verbose in emotes and stuff too; I don't need to be impressed by anything that's more than a few lines of text, honestly.

Just message me on the forums if any of these stand out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Mister Rogers

Mister Rogers TnB's Dreamboat & nicest person

United States
    Date: 20.9.2018

Character: Yosef Melamed

(Optional) Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterRogers/

What are you looking for in roleplay?: Someone who wants to create relationships between characters. I don't know how long Yosef will last once the outbreak truly begins, but I want to create the sort of relationships that when/if one of them dies, it shakes the other person to their core. The death of an acquaintance is tough as I've recently learnt, and the death of a true friend shakes someone, perhaps permanently.

I guess I should include a bit about Yosef for those interested. Without spilling the beans, Yosef is in his mid-thirties and has been trying to survive. One of the few remaining Jews in New York it seems, Yosef has struggled to get back on his feet after being expelled from college for reasons not disclosed. While he has his share of problems with the current administration and law, in general Yosef is a law-abiding citizen who doesn't want to end up out on the streets.

What do you like in roleplayers?: Quality over quantity. I know I have a bad habit of writing on the long end, but at the end of the day, I think less is more. A good character with simple writing is better than a bad character that has a good writer if you ask me. Also patience. I'm not the best at spelling, so it might take a little time to get an emote out because I'm double checking my spelling.

What do you dislike in roleplayers?: Metagaming, over-the-top unrealisitic reactions and people who are spoiling for a fight rather than character development.

16. Anri

Anri cute when mad

Germany
    Date:
    forever

Character:
    several

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/anri-actual/

im looking for some people to fill a small spectrum of supporting characters with me, namely (but not necessarily) antagonists and other flavor characters. hit me up if you're interested.

for these characters, you'll want to avoid getting attached. they exist with the idea of creating rp for others; any rp you receive yourself is a nice bonus.

you'll be providing for others, so if you can't take a loss here, you might wanna go for something else.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. nec

nec lemondog
    Contributor

Australia
    Character:
    Erin Dyer

https://steamcommunity.com/id/deargodhelpme/

I've unfortunately missed a good part of the first week of ZRP (I was only able to hop on once and had a blast), so I'm aiming to link up with some others who are looking for a similar experience, or even if they feel my character would be a good support for their story. As with a lot of others (I can only guess), I want to accurately explore how someone would Erin would react to something like a zombie outbreak, and what changes/sacrifices she'd need to put in place for her to survive. By the end of her arc, I imagine she'll be a completely changed woman, but that's also determined by those she surrounds herself with to survive.

Solid writing and overall just people who wanna have fun and enjoy their time on the server, with whoever it might be. Good creativity and banter always helps to build dynamics between characters.

People who don't rp outside of their discord cliques. Also people who twist IC scenarios to further pursue their OOC agendas.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    Date: 9/21/2018

Character: Matthew Martinez / Nat Shapiro

(Optional) Steam profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974020341/

What are you looking for in roleplay?: See Nec's post above because it's basically the same thing with Shapiro and Martinez. I want people who I can interact with on a personal level and help to develop my characters and theirs at the same time.

What do you like in roleplayers?: Creativity because I lack it. Other's creativity helps me to develop on server. I like to be spoonfed stuff because I'm generally incapable of thinking for myself outside of character's backstories and future motivations.

lesbian cabals
    Pretty much the stupid shit that most other long-lasting TnBers will say except I'm a bit more tolerant of the occasional LOOC memery because I have a bad habit of doing it myself a lot of the time.

Also people who write like they're Charles fucking Dickens to make themselves look good when in reality they look like idiots using entire paragraphs to describe sitting on a bench. Fuck that shit