[ZRP] Jewish Stereotype Characters Are Bad

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imp

codemonkey
Developer
Nov 15, 2014
OOC Name: buffy
SteamID: Don't know.
Character Name: Maurice Goldstein
What happened: Jewish Stereotype Character
Time it happened: Whenever he's fuckin' on the server.
Pictures/Proof:

Basically the pinnacle of this character's roleplay:
Ashley Campbell: Are you like-
Ashley Campbell: Disabled?
Maurice Goldstein: Ma'am, that is very offensive.
Maurice Goldstein: What is your name?
Maurice Goldstein: I am offended by your comments, ma'am. I will be pursuing charges.
Maurice Goldstein: You will never work in this town again, goy.
Maurice Goldstein: I shall not be pursued because of my race.
Maurice Goldstein: I am a humble Jewish man.

Eric Andre: I'm half Jewish.
Maurice Goldstein: Shalom, my brother.
Maurice Goldstein: We seek only to enrich our bank accounts with the tears of our oppressors.

Maurice Goldstein: This scene behind me could be /you/.
Maurice Goldstein: Hello my oppressive American nazi.

Joseph Powell: You said an attorney?
Bruce Crustwell: Quit fucking moving around back there.
Maurice Goldstein: Please do not put me in a camp, my friend.

I'd post the "oy vey" logs but let's be real, half this character's dialogue is "oy vey". I'm not Jewish but when I'm roleplaying with you all I feel is bleeding Jewish meme stereotype lawyer character. Kind of annoying, not productive to anything. Running around calling police Nazi's and asking not to be put in a camp is offputting as well.

"Maurice Goldstein: We seek only to enrich our bank accounts with the tears of our oppressors."

Shit like that's distasteful. Did you read Stereotypes of Jews before making a character?

Last edited:
We could also look out for stereotypical Italians and blacks. Just like the ones that shout badda bing badda boom and mamma mia thats a spicy meatball?

We could also look out for stereotypical Italians and blacks. Just like the ones that shout badda bing badda boom and mamma mia thats a spicy meatball?

This pretty much sums up my opinion on this.

Whilst this issue won't be ignored, bare in mind I've spoken to the /offender/ directly; it's hardly a ban worthy reason.

If I were to go ahead and ban Buffy for this then I'd also have to look into a good 75% of the E.M population on the server for also playing direct stereotypes, some to a much more significant degree than others.

Locked.

honestly just get over it

i mean i dont get upset when other people RP as stereotypically horrific big fat scary trannys

not that many people do, to be fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread