What i think needs changing

Discussion in 'TRP Development' started by Ober, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Ober

Ober Zealot

United States
    Increase first person height of t-400:
    Because i cant shoot over my fellow t-600s' heads when they draw some fire. This results in t-600s getting rockets to the back of their heads.
    I believe this change was put in a while ago, but was removed??

Fix/buff t-200 please:
    For a fucking hk aerial on spider legs, it dies during s2k too quickly. Frankly, it shouldnt even take bullet damage AT ALL, maybe just make it so that it only takes damage from rockets/watt rifles/WAC.
    Oh and lasers come from it's crotch, fix up tracer positions like you did with the t400, i think the t100 has this problem as well.

Give mind controlled people unlimited ammo, and make their guns undroppable. Im sure non-admin mind controls will be very happy with this.

WAC rockets currently blow people away. I've been splashed a few times while on my T-400, and i end up flying across the map. On the flip side, launched missiles (cc_rpg missiles, to be specific) toss WAC helicopters if they hit the rotors, did this by accident a while ago. I don't expect this issue to be fixable.

Also, i think HK-aerials should be a more common sight on the server.

Those are just my thoughts.
    Sorry if this is messy/has errors, i wrote this up really quickly on mobile.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    #1 Ober, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble Diamond in the rough

United States
    if bodies aren't flying then its not gmod

As for aerials i think that tanknut can up the health on airwatch vehicles (not sure it its airwatch or not.)

3. Ober

Ober Zealot

United States
    To clarify, WAC missiles make your character fly across the map, without fully killing you. I got flung into the prisoner cage in one of the skynet bases as a T-400 once, not fun.

4. tommy shlug

tommy shlug jimmy flanagan 1985

United Kingdom
    learn to shoot, nerd. 400s shouldn't be firing over other bots, that's just negligent, and otherwise you're meant to s2m hard with rockets because of how strong they are.

##
    balancing comes in to play here. not every fight that involves a 200 is one that will also involve an a-10, or a chopper, or a rocket launcher. suspend your disbelief on this one -- besides, i personally think that with what the t-200 is normally deployed with, it's fine how it is. if anything, the 100/400 need armor buffs.

no, that's not fair and it's unbalanced. ask nicely in /a and we'll spawn you what you need.

the only 'real' issue with this is the one regarding wac, but despite that, if a helicopter is hit with a rocket it likely would not just stay still. try not to shoot the rotors.

HKs are seen plenty. i normally play an Hk, personally, at least once a day

5. Ober

Ober Zealot

United States
    Even if i need to learn how to shoot, extra height would come in handy when you need to shoot over an obstacle that would LOOK like you (as a t-400) would be able to shoot over (the model's cannon height), but clientside, you have the normal firstperson height. It gets annoying sometimes, as I like to play primarily in thirdperson when on my T-400.
    As for 'you shouldn't be firing over other bots', I usually let T-600s go in front of me to draw fire when we're attacking some tech-com, like this:
    [​IMG] (i'm sure you can figure out who is who, I ripped this from my T-400 app)
    What ends up happening is the t-600s have to make a column of space so I can lay down some plasma, and when they move out of the way of an obstacle, they get a bunch of friendly fire.
    Not sure what you meant by 'negligent', though.

• Artistic Artistic x 2