WHAT COMES NEXT - PT.II

bennet

Roleplay Department Administrator
May 22, 2011

It's been one year since the outbreak that saw humanity brought to its knees. One year since Mankind was removed from the top of the food chain of planet earth. The men and women that make up the resourceful survivors have grown used to the pattern that the world has descended into. They live in constant fear yet at the same time they live their lives, for what else can they do? Beyond the dead that gathered and roamed however, there was another threat. Something more human. Greedy and selfish. Human survivors making up another outpost or perhaps another settlement entirely. Though they didn't seek outright conflict with our own native survivors they certainty pushed the boundaries of what they could get away with. They pushed for supplies, supplies that the paranoid colony did not possess. One thing was for certain, regardless of the dead roaming the world, with supplies as scarce as they are no one group could afford to be submissive or complacent.

The survivors of the city that had fled to the town previously have done a good job of fortifying the town for their own needs. They took the main street and turned it into a fortress and with that in mind they turned the surrounding points of the town into defensible outposts. Although many of the same faces that fled the city populate the town there are numerous newcomers that have integrated themselves into the fabric of the blossoming society over the last year, becoming both dependable traders and scavengers. The first hard winter of the new world was upon the inhabitants of the town. Life was about to be even worse than it was.

It's been a hard year. As the seasons turned and the cold grim weather fell upon the few survivors that made it out of the city, they found their numbers withering still. Familiar faces they escaped with, survived with, were lost to the elements and to the unnatural disease itself. Some were lost to their own minds, having already given up and stowing away to private locations in order to retire themselves. However, as the first winter of the new world passed and the snows cleared, new faces were brought to the town. It took time and effort to make the town livable and the horrors that had happened in the winter were seldom spoken of, the ordeals that the survivors went through due to lack of food, water and will to live itself proving to be too grim a topic to broach even over time. With the town now fortified and the snows returning however, the inhabitants within will need to steel themselves in order to confront not only the dangers outside the town walls but also their own paranoia. The survivors that fled the city and stuck together blatantly aware that many of their new neighbors had no idea of what had transpired the winter prior and with that in mind were more than distrustful, as a lack of food and clean water is want to do.

11th May 2018

Last edited:

Imp

codemonkey
HLNA Admin
Developer
Nov 15, 2014
I've never participated in one of these before; are there sign ups or can I sinply join server at the time of?

bennet

May 22, 2011
There are some roles I generally put out for people to sign up for and the same will be true for this, I'll have them up later though. Generally I allow people to connect on the day as long as they know what they're participating in. For those familiar with how chapter 1 went they'll know we had a large assortment of roles to simulate city life but there will be fewer roles like that in chapter 2, most people will be simply playing a now resident of the town that the group settled in at the end of chapter one.

scramble

good natured
Jan 1, 2015
Identity
She/Her
WCN and the original Outbreak RR were both sign-up based but we had a handful of no-shows who we just pulled fill-in players for from the general populace
i don't think we'll have many new roles to dole out this time around because there are a lot of returning characters

you might as well sign up even if you're not filling a specific role like the CDC, just so we have a headcount ahead of time but at the end of the day, it's no biggie

Vicaderous

Zealot
Jan 14, 2015
Identity
Been interested in RR for a while now. Wouldn’t mind trying this out, that is IF I’m not busy (hopefully).

Wheatos

rp_terminal6_v2 pinterest moodboard
HLNA Admin
Media Team
Sep 27, 2015
Identity
He/Him
hey it's on my birthday

Kieck

poland can into space
Nov 2, 2014
viktor sanchez ran away leaving his younger sister behind
true asshole

moogaloo

The Schemer
Sep 1, 2011
Identity
he was with her till the end of the event

they hugged and everything

hes the best fuckin big brother ok you piece of shit

snuggles

jimmy flanagan 1985
Sep 9, 2016
i just thought of this while playing l4d2

will RRs now be on the new script, or will they continue to use the old script? i think the new script would be specifically good for zombie rr as the ammo last time really retracted from the impact of the engagements. the ammo system could help to make people actually be a bit more wary of whether or not it's a good idea to shoot.

bennet

May 22, 2011
RR's will take place on the new script, yes. TankNut already has most things set up for zombie part 2, just doing out some items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)