vika unban haha oh boy

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenn

Mar 29, 2016
Name of character: Melissa Kinley

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38314019

Original length of ban: Permanent.

Time since ban: 1 year and some change, I believe. I think the ban happened somewhere around July of 2018, if not a little while afterwards.

Who banned you: Can't recall.

Reason for original ban: Originally, it's because I wasn't being as serious as I should've been. Granted, that was my first serious roleplay server that I actually gave a shot and wanted to enjoy. I'll include the old ban message.

Proof(If Applicable): It's been a little over a year. The service I use to take screenshots deletes older ones, and I doubt I would've had any regardless. Apologies.

Reason for unban: To put it simply, I just want to roleplay with my friends again. Back when I first joined this community, it was my first forray into any sort of serious RP, and it provided an enjoyable experience. I suppose that's why I want to come back as much as I do. It was the first server to spark my interest for one of my long standing hobbies, at this point. Most of my online friends are friends that I have made through roleplaying with them, and if I never joined the iteration of HL2 that I did, I don't think that'd have happened. I digress. When I first joined, I didn't take it as seriously as I should've, yes. I was an asshole to people, and I still regret that fact.

When I saw scumbo's post about the TRP administration allowing permanently banned players from HL2 / SRP to come onto TRP, I decided to give it a shot. A few years before I rejoined TnB, I played on a community called Gunsmoke - one that I'm sure many of you are familiar with. At this point, I was a bit of an asshole. I wasn't considerate to those around me and I never thought about what I was doing - how it would affect people. I was notably on a down trend with how I was acting towards others during that time. I won't make excuses, as I shouldn't need to make excuses to apologize. I said some things that I really shouldn't have to Nicole and a multitude of others. I still feel guilty over what I said to them.

In my previous appeals, I stated that I had changed. While I believe this was true, it wasn't for the betterment of myself. I've taken some time to reflect on myself, and my general demeanor towards others.

With all of that said, if further elaboration is required, please ask! I'm more than willing to talk about things in further posts.

-i said this last time on my yearly unban request, i'll say it again: i'm the messenger, i send things back and forth. i love all of you even if you think i'm retarded. i could've also just posted this wrong, which would be funny enough for a kiss on the lips, maybe? haha.

Him

Kalopsia
Dec 16, 2014
From my memory on your last unban request, hopefully I'm thinking of the right thing, there were a lot more serious things being said than just "being an asshole".

I don't remember if those things were clarified or if they were de-bunked or what not.

kenn

Mar 29, 2016
excuse me for using photos, but i'm a bit inept and don't know how to either quote things from other posts and put them here:

vikaunbn1.png

all the pedophile stuff was debunked and claimed to be false, the main thing left is just 'shitty person' and 'being an asshole', as far as we can tell. if i'm missing anything, i'll try and relay it for clarification

rosecoloredryan

HL2 - Admin
Oct 5, 2016
I am a biased party here: I've been friends with Vika for a long time(a year and a half, I think?), but, I was completely unaware about her ban when she was subject to it again, around time of late PHL2. We haven't been in constant contact, and like I said, I'm obviously biased, but I've not been exhibited to any of her assholish behavior in the time I've known her.

wester

Kiruclanz 2.0
Mar 7, 2015
Haven't talked with Vika in months, but I haven't had a bad experience with them, so far. Never took them as the type to do what was alleged, but you never know.

Can't hurt to give them a chance, though. It's been a year since their last appeal after all.

Snaparoni

HL2 - Admin
Dec 15, 2014
personally never had a bad experience with them, but i also feel like i might be missing a few bits of the story.

A Blaze of Glory

Subtlety is overrated.
TRP Admin
May 8, 2018
I am of a mind with Wester. Things I thought I'd never type for 500, Alex.

Actions speak louder than words. You'll only have the opportunity to demonstrate that with another chance.

scramble

good natured
Jan 1, 2015
same! friends with vika, never a bad experience
does anyone have greater input on the matter?

Jul 1, 2018
I have greater input and valued contributions to make to this thread
As Vika mentioned the whole thing with the pedophile shit was debunked pretty handedly back then. Not going into details but from what I know secondhand there was some drama that prompted somebody to start making inflammatory claims about.

From my interactions with them on multiple other servers, more than I care to admit, they do bring a lot to the table as far as RP. I haven't seen any of the 'asshole' stuff personally (typically the opposite given they tolerated my shittery) and have not actually witnessed it hit anybody else. I think literally the worst transgression they ever made was making a character that walked around in a full ass suit of steel plate on another server to make fun of how absolutely shitballs things were there.

I would like to see Vika unbanned, if for nothing else than to watch them interact with Kato Sei

Enraged

Mana Addict
TRP Admin
Jan 26, 2018
Just as I said on Polonious' unban appeal, I'll say again here:
That's not how this sort of thing works. At all.
You don't just unban someone because you feel it's the right thing. The team needs to agree on it, especially the person who invoked the ban to begin with.

The person who invoked the ban was Bennet, as this isn't just a trp ban, it's a community ban.

Newticus

(★★☆☆☆)
Mar 16, 2013
lmao

pls do not close these things w/out people getting a chance to say anything, especially in the early hours of the morning. this is a community ban that was given to vika for EGREGIOUS AND CONSISTENT shitty behavior. she wasn't "just an ass".

she did some incredibly fucked up stuff to people both inside and outside of this community that I'm not sure I'm directly at liberty to reveal
she's very manipulative, and i was under the impression (last time this thread happened and I had to go dig up information) that she was never coming back.

Alberto Balsalm Alberto Balsalm Can say more.

scramble

good natured
Jan 1, 2015
i didn’t close it don’t look at me

also forgive my earlier post (no personal vouches) but to elaborate on that i wanted to acknowledge the unban request, give my take, and let you know where i stand on the case i don’t know what the situation is as to what happened back in the day but if anyone has something relevant but they’re uncomfortable presenting publicly, for whatever reason, they can contact either me or any other admin to speak on their behalf

scramble

good natured
Jan 1, 2015
oh also if it’s a case of specific people who were the “victims” for lack of a better word, vika should apologize to them more directly so us as admins can be enforcers of the victim’s wishes rather than any other way, atleast, that’s what i think

sorry for double post edits never play out right!
e: also sorry i didn’t see this was a trp specific ban! it is a community ban i think they’re appealing anyways but that’s all humbug

kiwi

TRP Admin
Dec 10, 2015
My mistake, timezones are still awry and I'd misunderstood a communication in discord. They still haven't been unbanned unless the individual who was going to do so has done so.

e; less so a moral high ground, more illiteracy and early onset senile-ness

Last edited:

Alberto Balsalm

i flushed randy's hearing aids down the toilet
Jul 21, 2015
Ah, another year, another "unban Vika" thread. This is my least favorite holiday. With that being said, I've said my piece many times in the past (3?) unban threads that were posted for her, and I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that I don't play here anymore as of right now, and if I decide to again then I'm sure Vika knows well enough to keep away from me- there's probably a diagnosis in the DSM-5 for those who have a weird desire to be where they're not wanted.

Anyway, TDLR; I don't play here enough for me to call it "fair" of me to say no, again, for the umpteenth time. If my past expressions toward this creature aren't respected, that's fine. Plus, it seems like a lot of you have different experiences with this person and that's good for you.

Airsoft

Zealot
Jun 3, 2015
Though I can't remember interacting with Vika IC ever, I do remember being in a discord with them, and it was not a fun experience. All I can say is that things started off with everyone joking around, which devolved into Vika straight-up harassing me through the general chat in that discord. An eventual block worked well enough. I later encountered Vika on a server that I was invited to by Dandy, which I had only a brief foray on. It was a fantasyrp styled server is all I can recall, and there was a lot of PAC usage.

It was on that server Vika noticed I was playing, and then through PMs and LOOC started to make jabs at me again, making fun of me for things they had been doing previously in discord. Something that lead me to stop playing on that server fairly quickly.

It seems her victims are few and far between, but please take this with more than a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)