1. Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.

Unban Request

Discussion in 'TRP Unban' started by Polioman, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polioman

Polioman Senior Member

Canada
    Name of character: Now dead: Kathryn Morgan.
    Steam ID: I have no clue I don't keep track.
    Original length of ban: 4139 minutes.
    Time since ban: 1 minute.
    Who banned you: Wizard.
    Reason for original ban: Lying, DCing to avoid RP.
    Proof(If Applicable): 167DDF98D274076B4BF759BD9BD7992684FD2D56[1].
    Reason for unban: As far as I know from last night I heard from malum that he was gonna send in a chopper or something for airlift to haul off morgan to some place or whatever. At the time it was 2 am or something last night and I went with it after drew did what ever sorta medical RP shit but he just did that all in one emote. So I went with it because it was late and got off. In no way did I lie to anyone to save my character in anyway because if my character dies it dies and no one will give a shit about it either way cause they are all looked upon as retards from the first character that I had which was borderline retarded from the start. But I can say for certain that I did not lie to Wizard or malum in any way to get out of RP.

I know I am gonna end this with a blacklist but I am doing this just because.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot

United Kingdom
    If you have auto-logs enabled you can get proof to what you are saying here if it was discussed on-server:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\data\cc_tnb_trp\logs

3. _Vintricus

_Vintricus Legend

United States
    STEAM_0:0:74985051

4. Wizard

Wizard Actually a wizard.
    TRP Admin

United States
    Will post a full reply in a moment. Standby.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Drewerth

Drewerth nothing stops MY roleplay

United States
    Since I'm mentioned by name;

The reason that the medical RP was little to none was because it was 3AM, there were 5 heavily injured, I was the only medic on, and there was a lot of OOC miscommunication going around as to who was injured and who was mortally wounded. It was an overall piss-poor situation with a lot of information to process but I was made aware, and it was asserted that you were aware, that your character was effectively dead and could not be saved through medical reasoning. This was confirmed to myself many times by Malum via private messages.

Later, today, when I saw you on I asked the admins if your Pk was appealed which is what prompted the admins, I assume Wizard, to investigate.

6. Polioman

Polioman Senior Member

Canada
    [PM from T-800.FCD.0982] so ugh, not gonna suger coat this. The shot you took, will most likely kill you. If it wasn't plasma your intestines would be spilling out....
    [PM to T-800.FCD.0982] alright so i am gonna ask for an nlr at this point.
    [PM from T-800.FCD.0982] Your the one who took it to the side... If you want to appeal it thats fine. But for now, I'd say Morgan is either in intensive care... or dead.

I would go for an appeal but it would be pretty much too late for that and also I do not know how to make one. But at the time it was 2 am or so and I was just gonna sort this thing out then head off.

7. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    What @Malum Umbra meant, from what I've read, is that they'd be in critical condition should you appeal their death so it's not them rising back out of the grave. I do think he should've made it clearer.

I banned you for lying is because you really didn't reveal everything to me and I had to go to Malum to figure out what really happened.

My reason for banning you was more your attitude around the entire thing. I can see where you were misled, but you should've cleared it up with Malum rather than this:

[PM to Pfc. Kathryn Morgan] Your the one who took it to the side... If you want to appeal it thats fine. But for now, I'd say Morgan is either in intensive care... or dead.

[PM from Pfc. Kathryn Morgan] i am gonna take intensive care.

And switching characters immediately after, then coming back on today and playing the character like nothing really happened and disregarding the conversation between you and Malum.

8. Polioman

Polioman Senior Member

Canada
    It was late last night and I can say that playing the character was a mistake because I knew that she was probably gonna be stuck in the medbay maybe tell people that she isn't dead or much. I can vaguely recall my conversation with malum at the time but I knew that he called for a chopper or something. But That's all I can really say in this manner really.

9. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    You switched characters. You didn't get off. And according to malum you often switch characters or disconnect when one gets PKd.

If you didn't remember much due to the time of night you should've contacted any admin and asked what the ruling was rather than making assumptions.

10. Polioman

Polioman Senior Member

Canada
    I Just went with what ever at the time and stayed on in case I needed to continue with it or something else came up. I did not leave to avoid kathryn dieing nor did I leave after seeing my char die.

11. Malum Umbra

TRP Admin

Canada
    At the time being I would say let these 3 days sit. If you would also like to take the time to Appeal your PK character, do so in those 3 days.

So lets start unpacking this. For the IC issues, which likely need to be covered;
    • You were shot several times, and you, yourself said were they hit. Now it would have been a different story had you said a arm, or a leg, because that would be a simple "Its gone" moment. You chose your Oblique area, so that would almost certainly be your end.
    • And before you say that your armor could take it, your emote /also/ stated that it vaporized what ever was there. Leaving little doubt in my mind that you intended to kill off your character by willingly taking these highly deadly, lethally aimed shots, to yourself.
    • I then spent a good time describing your pain, to sell to those around that this was in fact the death of your character, There were no objections to anything I described no matter how grizzly. It wasn't until it was concluded and I started the OOC measure taking of explain that you were dead, did the aforementioned "Intensive Care" situation came up.
    • The idea for the intensive care, like for other people who are critically wounded, would be a sort of Limbo for your character to prevent confusion about if you would live or die, succeed or fail, in a PK appeal.
    Now to get to the OOC things;
    • You have already had several characters die, and should know by now the steps done when a character is PK especially when they take lethal hits in S2RP, its the closest we get besides a outright statement in admin chat that they want to kill their character.
    • You also tried to convince others around you that you only needed a simple RP situation to prevent the PK on the context that you would be disconnecting very soon, only too--
    • Character swap, and proceed to spend more time on the server, hoping no one noticed. I had mentioned to you I was setting up RP to explain your status, but rather then wait for that you character swapped.
    • Even if you did so unintentionally, you knew that I was getting RP sorted for your dying character, rather then asking follow up questions, you avoided the fallout and follow up of your characters injuries.

12. Polioman

Polioman Senior Member

Canada
    Alright.
    I never expected any rp to get setup for morgan. I just knew that some was gonna be dealt with. I would never expect anyone to setup any rp later on for this character to die in some way surrounded by people because I know that many if not everyone would not even be with that. I know that morgan is seen still as a shit show of a person and looked as a piece of utter shite. So I did not expect any roleplay for a death to appear and just thought it would be just be said and done like always with it just being removed and thats about it.

13. Greene

Greene space cowboy

United States
    It's actually pissing me off that you're being so negative about yourself and your characters. Please, please stop doing that to yourself, man.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Polioman

Polioman Senior Member

Canada
    This is alright. Don't worry about it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
  15. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    Despite the reasons above, I'm going to unban you in a moment. Your character is still PKd, and I'll still give you the option to RP their death out in the medical bay if you wish. You're free to appeal their death as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
  16. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    Don't what me man I freed you.

Enjoy it.

17. Polioman

Polioman Senior Member

Canada
    I am down right shocked suprised and just feeling what? I do not know what to say even. This is a strange feeling.

18. valerstein

valerstein RANDAL

The gods have given u a chance. Treat ur chance well. Love u brother.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. wester

wester Kiruclanz 2.0

Canada
    good luck bröther

20. Wizard

TRP Admin

United States
    Lockarooni.

• Wizard Wizard x 1
Thread Status: