TRP: Siberia - Feedback

Feb 28, 2018
We appreciate this feedback and we will admit that day one was pretty hectic. I wish I could of took action to cut the s2k out but... forces beyond my comprehension were at work that fateful day. As for the human vs human bandit conflict, we made that our focus on the second day primarily after taking down the chopper. Our numbers weren't as big as they were on day one obviously, so I'm not sure many people witnessed the onslaught. If everyone is down for a part 2 then we'll try our best to expand greatly upon the human conflict.
Taking down that heli actually made my brain think lmao
Still surprised none of us got PK’ed taking that thing on, especially with my plan lmao

elf

Nov 30, 2018
We appreciate this feedback and we will admit that day one was pretty hectic. I wish I could of took action to cut the s2k out but... forces beyond my comprehension were at work that fateful day. As for the human vs human bandit conflict, we made that our focus on the second day primarily after taking down the chopper. Our numbers weren't as big as they were on day one obviously, so I'm not sure many people witnessed the onslaught. If everyone is down for a part 2 then we'll try our best to expand greatly upon the human conflict.
i talked to "world" ingame who i think was LolMan LolMan and i dont blame you guys for the hecticness of it, sometimes s2k just happens and you guys still handled it the best way possible, the rr was essentially seamless and i think if we do the part 2 it shouldnt be a problem replicating it

human vs human conflict makes the most excited in this sequel if it happens

Nov 16, 2016
i talked to "world" ingame who i think was LolMan LolMan and i dont blame you guys for the hecticness of it, sometimes s2k just happens and you guys still handled it the best way possible, the rr was essentially seamless and i think if we do the part 2 it shouldnt be a problem replicating it

human vs human conflict makes the most excited in this sequel if it happens
"world" was me lol

Sinclair

The Shaman
Feb 15, 2015
one thing that stood out to me was how guerilla-ish engagements felt. people had limited ammo and overall weaker guns, and there were legitimate threats. people had to get creative and think on their feet a bit more than usual. traditionally people simply took forces head-on, with very little in the way of tactics other than 'i suppress, throw grenade, use cover'. but with how limited people were, they had to use what was around them to their advantage. one example is when dealing with the helicopter outside the EFF base. a person went out the back to divert fire from the main gate, where everyone else eventually came out of and lit the chopper up in a flank.

the biggest example tho was the final holdout. now, im not sure how much of it was planned beforehand? but it was cool that the tripods were such overwhelming forces, and so improvisation and creativity had to be used to take them out. first the trap-bomb with a flag to be remotely detonated, and then people throwing bombs/makeshift explosives, and then the final desperate move of taking conrad's van and ramming it into the leg. i dont think any of it was really asspulled, and nobody just said 'yeah we got a rpg here dont worry'.

one of the few times that i felt that if i wasnt creative enough or didnt put enough thought in, we could very well lose the engagement. i found myself actively thinking of ways to try and stop the tripods with what little we had.

Chad

Legend
Aug 12, 2012
Identity
S2k isn’t inherently bad it’s just not what the goal of the RR was

our main focus of the RR was the conflict of humans trying to survive in a world that doesn’t want them anymore. MIR is meant to serve as a bleak reminder that even IF everyone somehow got along there isn’t really much of a chance to beat them. the odds are supposed to be so stacked against you that you don’t even need to win to feel like a victor, you just need to survive.

to me the best stories are told when both sides are human, messy, and morally ambiguous. personally I think the storytelling at TRP has been severely limited by the fact that the antagonist is an emotionless hive mind with a singular purpose, you can see how limited you are already just from that description.

if we get a part 2 definitely expect a more nuanced exploration of the human dilemma. this time we’ll have more than 2 and a half days of prep so hopefully we can provide a better experience for you guys.

Feb 28, 2018
S2k isn’t inherently bad it’s just not what the goal of the RR was

our main focus of the RR was the conflict of humans trying to survive in a world that doesn’t want them anymore. MIR is meant to serve as a bleak reminder that even IF everyone somehow got along there isn’t really much of a chance to beat them. the odds are supposed to be so stacked against you that you don’t even need to win to feel like a victor, you just need to survive.

to me the best stories are told when both sides are human, messy, and morally ambiguous. personally I think the storytelling at TRP has been severely limited by the fact that the antagonist is an emotionless hive mind with a singular purpose, you can see how limited you are already just from that description.

if we get a part 2 definitely expect a more nuanced exploration of the human dilemma. this time we’ll have more than 2 and a half days of prep so hopefully we can provide a better experience for you guys.
For 2 and half days of prep you guys did outstandingly well

Gumby

Feb 27, 2018
I was only able to play for the first day of the RR because of some things over the weekend. Regardless, I had a blast. My favorite moment was the first engagement the EEF had with a 600 inside the hospital. We had nearly 15 people on our patrol and still decided to retreat. That really set in the perspective of, "We're fucked". Great job to the admins and hope we can see more stuff like this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)