TRP: Siberia - Feedback

Belowthebelt

Aug 19, 2011
I want TRP to be like this RR was. No hyperalloy armor and plasma guns, no invincible characters, no S2K, no scriptwhoring
I think we'd need a good balance of these. Sometimes you simply cannot S2RP a situation because of how many people are involved. It should be a common rule that S2RP is expected but it can turn into an S2K if both parties agree on it.

Martok

Oct 11, 2020
I made an account just to say that this RR was incredible. I thought it was the permanent server. I played the entire thing through. I really hope it's visited again, I would no-life it if it stayed up.

I played as Brent Edwards, and it was the first time I've touched Gmod in an awfully long time.

Last edited:

BMY

Fishin' Magician
Jul 9, 2016
Identity
I think we'd need a good balance of these. Sometimes you simply cannot S2RP a situation because of how many people are involved. It should be a common rule that S2RP is expected but it can turn into an S2K if both parties agree on it.
Look at the big battle today. People were creative, actions had consequences, the story was bettered. It would have been quick and easy to S2K instead, but we really handled the S2RP well and I think most people would say they're glad we did S2RP. There's no reason why that can't happen on regular TRP as well.

Feb 28, 2018
Look at the big battle today. People were creative, actions had consequences, the story was bettered. It would have been quick and easy to S2K instead, but we really handled the S2RP well and I think most people would say they're glad we did S2RP. There's no reason why that can't happen on regular TRP as well.
Alot of people instead of going gun-ho were watching their shots, and trying to come up with creative ways to win.

Sinclair

The Shaman
Feb 15, 2015
as someone who hasnt ever been able to get into trp before, this whole thing really blew me away. i was skeptical when i first learned of it and when i first connected to say the least.

things were defniitely shakey on the first day, and i think the team knows that, but thats pretty normal for a first day. not to mention.... Outside Force... made things a bit odd at times.

i really made up my character concept on the spot, but it has turned out to be incredibly fun. possibly the most fun from just a concept ive had. this event felt like a great mix of all the right stuff, and i look forward to the future.

Dec 25, 2015
A fantastic thing about the EFF not being able to do-it-all too is that the Scavs and other parties never felt redundant in the RR. Fighting was a team effort where they'd enlist aid.

The siege on the second day would have been 1000% less impactful if it wasn't parties organically picking sides and feeling like they had an impact. And on that note, my lone 600 being regarded as a genuine threat and a game-changer for MIR's human loyalists during that felt fantastic.

The Scamming Fox

Jun 30, 2016
Identity
I got a really bad taste from the first day I really got to play due to a fairly quick attempt at a PK, added in with guy 'saw' me the day I wasn't on- but instead of an NLR I stuck with it and got some GREAT RP out of it.

A thing to keep in mind is a longterm RP in this setting will still have problems, and issues like any server, or even through multiple RR's, but hey.....fun shit please don't take it from me, I love it.

Feb 28, 2018
I got a really bad taste from the first day I really got to play due to a fairly quick attempt at a PK, added in with guy 'saw' me the day I wasn't on- but instead of an NLR I stuck with it and got some GREAT RP out of it.

A thing to keep in mind is a longterm RP in this setting will still have problems, and issues like any server, or even through multiple RR's, but hey.....fun shit please don't take it from me, I love it.
Maybe make TRP Serbia an episodic type thing? Happens every couple of weeks or so...When the server starts going stale we send it off with a 'finale' which results in the ending of the story

Grogrock

Jul 1, 2018
Identity
Nothing I can say hasn't been said already, my thoughts on the RR are very positive.
But yeah, affirming what Fox said here. I think the takeaway should be that there is a market for this kind of tone and lethality, and steps should be taken to build that into some elements of the main server rather than relying on one-offs.

Overall well done.

HardHat

that thing bob the builder wears
Oct 1, 2015
Identity
really liked the whole thing but honestly everything was done way to early for me. I missed out on a ton of stuff because shit was being done at like 11 am and I usually got on at like 1 or 2 pm.

Still liked it, just put it a little more late since PST and Mountain time people aint gonna be around that early to shoot robots

Feb 28, 2018
really liked the whole thing but honestly everything was done way to early for me. I missed out on a ton of stuff because shit was being done at like 11 am and I usually got on at like 1 or 2 pm.

Still liked it, just put it a little more late since PST and Mountain time people aint gonna be around that early to shoot robots
I do wish we did the event later, as I knew an admin was setting up an event with a 500.
Which we encountered on day one, day two we saw bodies and shit, stalking us, made me even more hyped for day three

Shia

Mar 15, 2018
Identity
Honestly, although I wouldn't mind staying in the Siberia setting, I think it can work on the main server. Maybe make plasmagats less common, buff Terminators up abit, and focus more on s2rp and undecided battles. Rather than make it so one side is guaranteed to win or lose, it can be decided based off how the actual fight goes. Give skirmishes more weight, make scavengers less dependent on TC and their big boy guns. Stuff like that is appealing, atleast to me. That, and more ingame effects from the happenings of the world. Maybe if a reconbot gets taken out, they'll stop scouting areas for abit, but as a counter, some regular infantry automatons might roll out and check around for what killed the reconbot. Just small, ambient stuff to help make things feel more lively.

Also, one more thing, having ballistics be more viable as a sort of in general thing would be nice. They're usually overlooked, but something like a Mosin would probably have a good effect, even on things like 800s.

As for the event itself, (rather than things I'd like to see implemented from it) the only mildly bad thing I have to say about it is day 1 was rather slow. Ammo was also just a smidge too rare for my liking, and some of the banditos were abit too much. Past that, it was amazing. Every character could have an impact because of how scaled down everything was. It wasn't just a squad of some TC or people with donator guns wiping the floor while scavengers did fuckall damage, it was a constant cooperative effort to take down some bots. Terminators, even something like 600s, were what the name implied, they were something to fear. If you got caught out in the open by one, you had to run. At the same time, ballistics could actually do some serious damage. You weren't helpless if you didn't have some 60watt with 500 plasmacellthingys, you could have a very real effect on how battles went. It was great.

As a plus, there wasn't any trash tier stalger characters, so that was nice.

Belowthebelt

Aug 19, 2011
Honestly, although I wouldn't mind staying in the Siberia setting, I think it can work on the main server. Maybe make plasmagats less common, buff Terminators up abit, and focus more on s2rp and undecided battles. Rather than make it so one side is guaranteed to win or lose, it can be decided based off how the actual fight goes. Give skirmishes more weight, make scavengers less dependent on TC and their big boy guns. Stuff like that is appealing, atleast to me. That, and more ingame effects from the happenings of the world. Maybe if a reconbot gets taken out, they'll stop scouting areas for abit, but as a counter, some regular infantry automatons might roll out and check around for what killed the reconbot. Just small, ambient stuff to help make things feel more lively.

Also, one more thing, having ballistics be more viable as a sort of in general thing would be nice. They're usually overlooked, but something like a Mosin would probably have a good effect, even on things like 800s.

As for the event itself, (rather than things I'd like to see implemented from it) the only mildly bad thing I have to say about it is day 1 was rather slow. Ammo was also just a smidge too rare for my liking, and some of the banditos were abit too much. Past that, it was amazing. Every character could have an impact because of how scaled down everything was. It wasn't just a squad of some TC or people with donator guns wiping the floor while scavengers did fuckall damage, it was a constant cooperative effort to take down some bots. Terminators, even something like 600s, were what the name implied, they were something to fear. If you got caught out in the open by one, you had to run. At the same time, ballistics could actually do some serious damage. You weren't helpless if you didn't have some 60watt with 500 plasmacellthingys, you could have a very real effect on how battles went. It was great.

As a plus, there wasn't any trash tier stalger characters, so that was nice.
All of this has been pitched and Dave Brown won't budge. It's the reason why I left the team.

Grogrock

Jul 1, 2018
Identity
Maybe make plasmagats less common, buff Terminators up abit, and focus more on s2rp and.....

......You weren't helpless if you didn't have some 60watt with 500 plasmacellthingys,......
All good points, I totally agree, but in my experience soft reboots aren't a super reliable way to prevent that. Part of that is the lore. As I recall, the reason why the T800 was even fielded was because the resistance began to capture plasma technology for their own use. As we know Skynet was fielding plasma up to a 45 Wattage. Even that, in sustained fire, will knock down a T800. And so, Skynet made the T850.

That's the back and forth that we're working with. Humans are resourceful creatures, and they will find a way to capture or repurpose technology to use it against the machines. The machines, in turn, will build better machines. This is the "arms race" dynamic that has made the main server turn into a measuring contest between the immovable drone and the unstoppable watt (drone defenses and resistances increase, plasma power increases to compensate). It's just simple powercreep, and I think that's a built-in feature.

This is why at least I think a few people are saying like "yeah I loved Siberia, but we should try to improve the main server". Eventually Siberia could become like the main server as far as balance, even if the admins monitored stuff like donation weapons closely.

Wasted.Exe

Jun 20, 2018
Just take the brutal survivalist nature and carry it over to the US setting, Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the hell out of Siberia but TRP to me needs to stay in it's current setting.

LolMan

Jun 10, 2016
the bandit stuff on day 1 was not intentional on the admin team’s part at all, and it was very frustrating to see it. We were very clear in planning that we were against senseless S2K and reskins of mass conflict between 2 factions.

That’s all I gotta say on that, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)