TRP: Siberia - Feedback

LolMan

Jun 10, 2016
Storyline? Admin conduct? Events? What did you like or dislike about our latest RR?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Dec 25, 2015
C+P'd with some added thoughts.

That finale event was the most genuinely TRP experience I've had in TRP - it was everything I wanted it to be.

Was there dumb action? Yes. Did lots of Drones die? Yes.

But unlike the main server, people also died. People took PK's on a whim from being shot in the face. There was a genuine sense of suspense in everything that happened; likewise with the base assault yesterday. If that was the main server nobody would have died and it would have been a steamroll TC victory.

When I imagine TRP going forward, I'm going to imagine this. It was "big dumb heroic action" with consequences, exactly the sort of setting I'd hoped to see.
This event also made me realise quite firmly that I was wrong.

I didn't and don't hate the big dumb action scenes of TRP.

I hated the fact they had no weight or substance - you knew nobody would die. You knew SkyNET would get steamrolled and TC would win and everyone would get out of every fight with killing machines unharmed no matter what. So what was the point? In this, MIR were dangerous while letting the humans win while also making it satisfying to be a killing machine against human characters.

Here, though? People just dropped dead. I'm reminded of HL2RP's 2018 Uprising: It also had big dumb action stuff. But I'd have hated it if nobody took a loss and firefights had no weight to them as a result.

I implore the staff team to learn from what this RR did right and keep it on the main server. Encourage people to die. Make TC more like the FF in how they handle stuff.

Broly

Jul 16, 2019
I liked it a lot with the fear of machines returning and I also saw a lot of good roleplay. I think this atmosphere with trp of not knowing which side would win in engagements and MIR being a general threat to everybody.
I loved how many of the times people were very willing to take deaths, even in a situation where they didn't have to they were more than willing to kill there characters to bring the atmosphere that MIR was a general threat which I respect a lot. I very rarely saw someone trying to dispute a PK
There was one isolated incident that bothered me and that was someone telling me they were allowed to skip injury rp after being shot several times with the IC explanation of "Timeskip" which I'm assuming is because the RR was to short to have any long term consequences but besides this I generally enjoyed everything thanks a lot to the people who took the time to put some planning into this and I hope we see more RRs like this in the future or even have our main trp transfer into this one.

SixtyLemming844

Feb 17, 2019
Identity
He/Him
Hey I missed the final event but the other two days was super fun.
How Jukebox and Sergei were slaves to the doctor was fun on are part.
How they had to sneak in with the EFF and gather information for the doctor was a fun part.

Everything in a whole was great

TOMKEG1

terrible tastes in anime
Dec 7, 2014
It was great right up until the end when you told us the event was over.

That sucked, don't do that again.

Belowthebelt

Aug 19, 2011
I wasn't around for the bulk of it but I know that doing the server this way is the next step forward. Not to absolute extreme degree but having the server have real substance and player focus is going to make the server better as a whole. I'm honestly a fan of hitting the reset button and start a new setting with these new rules and the like.

Bi-Em

Zealot
Mar 21, 2019
Identity
This RR showed me the beauty of Battles where there is no plot armor on every character or where no ones knows who wins and who loses .

I also had a amazing experience of tasting the past of how TRP was on it first days before Plasma Expansion .

Hoping that the story of Siberians and Outsiders will keep on going .

Feb 28, 2018
I wasn't around for the bulk of it but I know that doing the server this way is the next step forward. Not to absolute extreme degree but having the server have real substance and player focus is going to make the server better as a whole. I'm honestly a fan of hitting the reset button and start a new setting with these new rules and the like.
Makes it exciting knowing you could fight a battle that can quickly become overwhelming, or an unknown threat

Belowthebelt

Aug 19, 2011
Makes it exciting knowing you could fight a battle that can quickly become overwhelming, or an unknown threat
Exactly. There needs to be an unknown factor or it makes no sense. If one side always know their going to win then their is never a threat of actual death. There might simply be a time when you're caught out and have to face the fact that you've been shot and other people need to retreat. Their needs to be a give and take otherwise every victory will feel pointless. What I wanna see is a slow progression up to the point where the resistance as a whole can push skynet off the map and progress the story.

Feb 28, 2018
Exactly. There needs to be an unknown factor or it makes no sense. If one side always know their going to win then their is never a threat of actual death. There might simply be a time when you're caught out and have to face the fact that you've been shot and other people need to retreat. Their needs to be a give and take otherwise every victory will feel pointless. What I wanna see is a slow progression up to the point where the resistance as a whole can push skynet off the map and progress the story.
TRP at the point where I distanced myself felt like 'TC see bot', 'TC KILL bot' 'Someone shot :O' 'RECOVER' and then rinse and repeat, over and over.
This felt different, I mean we all nearly died to an advancing force.
Or taking the helicopter down actually felt like an accomplishment.

Belowthebelt

Aug 19, 2011
Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad. There are times where simply destroying a drone is allowed. But there has to be times when real tension is made that makes you think carefully about your next action. It doesn't always needs to be drones either. There are plenty of ways to seed actual tension beyond a group of terminators on the march.

Bi-Em

Zealot
Mar 21, 2019
Identity
Just want to say this . If there are plans in future to make a another TRP RR but this time in Europe .

Tell me if you planning to do anythink with country of Poland since I am planning to use my characters to tell the story of Republic of New Poland .

Kelso

skynet
HLNA Admin
Oct 4, 2018
Identity
She/Her
loved it.

it's a shame that it was so short-lived, but, i'm very glad that people were as willing to take pks as they were - it led to a pretty great atmosphere. the action was fun, human v human conflict was fun - drones were actually a threat. no real complaints, loved interacting with everyones characters.

do a part 2. it works very well.

BMY

Fishin' Magician
Jul 9, 2016
Identity
I want TRP to be like this RR was. No hyperalloy armor and plasma guns, no invincible characters, no S2K, no scriptwhoring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)