TRP Donator Models, Sweps & Misc

Discussion in 'Custom Models' started by Abaddon, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Anri

Anri cute when mad

Germany
    I can predict the future:
    I think nobody will disagree that $60 is a bit steep and that $30 or less would make people far less reluctant to grab a custom model, but equally, saying "I think it should be free" (may I introduce you to the term "entitled beggar"?) isn't gonna get anyone anywhere. It's a do-or-don't luxury reward for people willing to drop a chunk of cash on TnB, not a necessity for RP to occur. There's also the possibility of pooling together for a model with variations (i.e. hair color) to be shared among friends, which splits the costs.

In other words: it's not a necessity, nor does it give you an advantage in any way. Some will pay the given price, some would rather pay less and some just don't do it at all, but the price remains whatever Dave says it is. It's a monopoly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #241 Anri, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. Enraged

Enraged Mana Addict
    TRP Admin

United States
    Nothing needs to be said on the matter past Anri's post, he summed it up rather nicely and that's all there is to it.
    No one is forcing you to donate for anything that's offered but if you feel that you should be able to receive a new custom model for less than $60 then speak with Dave directly.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    if you don’t want to pay for the full $60 you can donate less than half of that for a pre-owned model

i donated $20 for my model on hl2 but all i did was ask permission from the original owner

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot

United Kingdom
    Products are only worth what people will pay for them. $60 is what you get in exchange for Dave's investment of his personal time, his experience in putting something together, and getting something you can personally enjoy in exchange for directly supporting the server's operating costs. Exact same idea as artists who charge $60 for a picture. What isn't worth it to you is worth it for other people, and anything lower priced isn't a viable model.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. pvt. bing 'b' bing

pvt. bing 'b' bing sopping wet
    TRP Admin

United States
    It’s more about keeping the server we’ve all spent way too many hours playing on up, the model is an added benefit.

:D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Scone !

Scone ! I am not a bot

United Kingdom
    female_45 - private to me

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Primera

Primera Senior Member

United Kingdom
    OOC name(s): Primera

Donation content: TC 70 Watt Mag Gun
    Authorized users: Myself and Charlie-personnel working on the R&D on it. Once R&D is completed it'll be made public.

OOC name(s): Primera

Donation content: Mag Cannon
    Authorized users: Myself with a chance of a public release but ask me if you're interested in using it nonetheless.

Dumb/...what? ratings inbound?

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • ...what? ...what? x 1
    #247 Primera, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  8. BoB (Best of Boxes)²

United States
    OOC name(s): BoB (Best of Boxes)

Donation content: Female_42
    Authorized Users: Go ahead and hit up Dave if you want to grab it, it's public, look like a disappointed maternal figure, raid the medical cabinet for drugs, shoot your dead loved ones in the face, all for the price of supporting the server!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Davebrown

Davebrown my role as server owner is to ruin your roleplay
    Senior Executive Administrator

United Kingdom
    Pretty much sums it up. Ultimately what the donation covers is the cost of my time to make it, a contribution towards server bills, and also since i recently made a split deal with the other devs, it now directly funds them also.

If it were any less, it would basically not be worth my time to do it.

Im 32 years old. I have better things to do than spend my nights busting my ass making 3d models for people for a few dollars, nevermind for free.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2