Timmys unban

• Attention
    • Do not post useless +support.
    • Do not post personal vouches.
    • Do not shitpost or derail.
    Failure to adhere to this will get you infracted and/or banned.

A permanent ban is often a method to get the accused to post an appeal. It is not at all times the verdict.

Timmy Derkman

Jun 21, 2019
what about your IC holocaust jokes? Herbert ‘the Final Solution’ Derkman, as he was apparently known in the HECU circles comes off the top of my head and I’m certain there are more
that was another reson i killed off herbert and i dont think i called him or he called himself "Herbert ‘the Final Solution’ Derkman,"

Kieck

poland can into space
Nov 2, 2014
ok but I’m more about the fact it happened
you’ve joked about the holocaust OOC too (and to be fair the IC part is majority an OOC meme innit?), and I’d like for you to elaborate on that one as to how you found it acceptable to say it IC and OOC and whether you still find it acceptable or funny

Timmy Derkman

Jun 21, 2019
ok but I’m more about the fact it happened
you’ve joked about the holocaust OOC too (and to be fair the IC part is majority an OOC meme innit?), and I’d like for you to elaborate on that one as to how you found it acceptable to say it IC and OOC and whether you still find it acceptable or funny
TBH i dont think its funny i just bleavied that other people would find it funny and laugh thats what i tryed to do most of the time make other people laugh im sorry if it offended you in some way.

Lambda

May 15, 2015
other people would find it funny and laugh
I don’t have a lot of room to talk, as I don’t personally know you or your characters. But I’d advise in the future, if you do get unbanned, that you don’t do things with your characters ic with the hope that others will laugh oocly. (Although I’ve seen many people pull off characters who can offer a few poor jokes. The thing about those, however, is that they’re a flaw of a mentally broken character, who’s trying to appeal to other ic characters)

I can understand if you want to make people laugh irl that’s all good and well, but I’d use ooc chat if you wanna joke with other players, rather than their characters. Also, if you don’t find a topic funny, I wouldn’t go off the chance that others might.
Again, my word holds no weight here as I’ve never personally interacted with you, just wanted to offer my thoughts on that.

Nerdbird

Educated Avian
May 24, 2016
I tried speaking with you in August, Herb, about your use of inappropriate dark jokes and you brushed me off, or at least it felt like you did. Did you take any pointers from it?

Timmy Derkman

Jun 21, 2019
I tried speaking with you in August, Herb, about your use of inappropriate dark jokes and you brushed me off, or at least it felt like you did. Did you take any pointers from it?

TBH i didnt think to many people would take those jokes to heart iv toned it down a good bit after what you said tho

Mister Rogers

TnB's Dreamboat & nicest person
May 26, 2011
It's sort of hard not to take Holocaust jokes to heart when your family tree was pruned by it m8.

Timmy Derkman

Jun 21, 2019
I’m going to try and be 100% honest with you here - it might sound insensitive or rude or whatever, but it’s whats going on.

You’ve been here since at least ZRP 2 from my memory and that’s like what...6 months? In that time people have tried endlessly to try and reach out and teach you grammar, how to behave, etc. Fast forward to this HL2 iteration and you’re still doing the same stuff. You’ve made no attempt to improve your grammar, you still intrude on RP by yelling extremely annoying and childish things, and abuse props to disrupt rp - that’s the short list.

It’d be one thing if you had been improving since coming to TNB, in which case I’d be fine with; we’ve all been there, and we all learned along the way how to behave and be a productive community member and player of the server. With you, that doesn’t exist. I can’t see a single difference between ZRP Derkman and present day Derkman. People have tried to help, but it seems to go through one ear and out the other.

As for all the things you said earlier — don’t worry about it, we all have our problems. I know a lot of people come to TnB who, like you, use it as an outlet to get away from IRL things etc. That being said, those people don’t deserve to be harassed by someone who either willingly or unwillingly refuses to learn and stop ruining the experience for others.

At the end of it all, I really don’t think an unban is in order right now. You’ve been given way too much time to try and improve.
I believe you understand a lot yet you haven't seen the improvements. but I have if I was the same derkman from ZRP I wouldn't be on this server or this form talking about it I would have been banned in the first few minutes of HL2 RP for trying to prop kill a unit with donut or something stupid like that.
I know I improved since ZRP because I made it this far made friends bombed a factory Slaughtered zombies fight for workers rights on a GMOD server built moonshining stations joined a resistance cell where we stole 20 grand worth of artwork and sunk a freighter ship we marched thru hell and back in the last event.
I was in and by doing that I found a gmod server that gain ideas and memories of a story I know full well I couldn't have dreamed of on any other server I know why I made it farther then I did than TRP or ZRP its because I discovered from those how not to fuck up too badly and to be a bit of a meme without setting off the big old to far alarms on the other server and herbert was my test and after I was done and realized I had to calm it down a tad I continued to Timmy but a few old habits die hard and I slipped down back into my old ways got a ban. and then I went through what they had to say and learned my biggest mistake was keeping the derkman name to tie up herberts loose ends and finish off his story and once I did well i didn't know what to do so I did what I did and got the permaban so I'm not asking for anything else I'm just asking for one last attempt to use the more info I have to kill off the derkman and bring a new dawn to my RP.

Santoro

Legend
Jul 10, 2016
[OOC] Timmy Derkman: **A Devlish giggle come from the sewers where timmy was tossed

ok but honestly ur very disruptive to rp and i dont see any difference from u in zrp, its been 6 months or w/e and next to nothing has changed from wot ive seen

its a genuine nuisance to rp at this point

tldr bungo nailed it or w/e the saying is, nothing of it was funny just annoying

Timmy Derkman

Jun 21, 2019
[OOC] Timmy Derkman: **A Devlish giggle come from the sewers where timmy was tossed

ok but honestly ur very disruptive to rp and i dont see any difference from u in zrp, its been 6 months or w/e and next to nothing has changed from wot ive seen

its a genuine nuisance to rp at this point

tldr bungo nailed it or w/e the saying is, nothing of it was funny just annoying
in conext i a unit just stunsticked me out with no rp and shot me in the face and then tossed me into the sewer but left me alive so i decided to say something stupid.

Scully

Zealot
Mar 9, 2013
in conext i a unit just stunsticked me out with no rp and shot me in the face and then tossed me into the sewer but left me alive so i decided to say something stupid.
Tim, I think it's more of the fact that multiple people have tried to guide you and teach you the ropes of how to properly roleplay. But, instead you simply refused to show effort in learning and continued the same path you were on instead of actually taking advice. You've improved a little bit, but that's all I can say. I'm going to be honest too, there's times where you were around an event I was in or even in general and it was very hard to take you serious. Just because you think it's hilarious, doesn't mean others will take it in the same context when they themselves are trying to take a situation serious.

It's hard to take someone serious who is always in a "comedic relief" cycle. I honestly don't really see the difference between Herbert and TImmy -- none, man.

I'd like to see you take a little break, I wanted to see you be given the chance of a week -- but, with everything stacked against you; it's hard to believe you'll change within that time.

Timmy Derkman

Jun 21, 2019
Can you clearly summarize what you did wrong and what you are going to do differently?
I overdosed on memes and annoyed too many people. built gnome forts in stupid places and butchered emotes badly.
now I'm going to lower the memes down to nearly nonexistent. spell check my /me and what I say and not fuck about with props anymore.

Timmy Derkman

Jun 21, 2019
Well, to be honest, I knew this was a long shot to attempt to go for a ban appeal know I messed up and screwed around to mutch for even my stupid memes to get thru. I understand the ban and what I did wrong even if I don't get unbanned I just want to change one thing from it and that is the part when you said I didn't improve because I know I did and I know if I didn't I would have not lasted as long on the server as I did that's the one thing I ask for is that that one bit is changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• feelsgoodman