Timey-Wimey Shenanigans - Alternate timelines that exist or could exist.

Oxiclean

New Blood
Oct 6, 2019
This thread is a result of my boredom, and I really just wanted to talk about the fact that in MK11 and in the Terminator comic books, humankind and SkyNet end up being at peace.

In essence, both of these realities can exist due to the fact that both are logical timelines created by SkyNet - The T-800 (Or 850. It's hard to tell) in MK11 logically made the former, while in the latter, it was created when John Connor bargained with SkyNet after T:Salvation. (Source) Personally, I think the MK11 ending is the best timeline IMO.

So in this thread, I'd like to bring forth the discussion of possible alternate timelines or timelines that have existed in the past. Keep in mind, the T-Infinity is a thing, so nothing here can be discredited by being non-canon. There is also realities where John Connor was assimilated by SkyNet, so uh, yeah, anything goes.

posepsi

actually el pepso
May 20, 2011
My favorite timeline is what I call the Prime timeline. Skynet developed naturally without the intervention of time travel shenanigans and was defeated by the humans. As a last ditch effort they fired of some weird time machine prototype experiment but it had no effect on the current timeline and as far as anyone knows it did nothing.

VeteranGary

May 25, 2016
My favorite timeline is what I call the Prime timeline. Skynet developed naturally without the intervention of time travel shenanigans and was defeated by the humans. As a last ditch effort they fired of some weird time machine prototype experiment but it had no effect on the current timeline and as far as anyone knows it did nothing.
it sent back gordon freeman to black mesa...

Sweetness

pretty girl
Dec 16, 2014
Agreed, but I also really enjoy the sort of time paradox thing that's been set up like in the comics. I've mentioned this again and again but I think the T-Infinity is so fucking cool and even if it never comes into our TRP as we know it, I still really think it has a cool concept and overall's just a cool fucking machine -- even if just a little silly.

Wizard

Actually a wizard.
TRP Admin
Jul 12, 2015
Agreed, but I also really enjoy the sort of time paradox thing that's been set up like in the comics. I've mentioned this again and again but I think the T-Infinity is so fucking cool and even if it never comes into our TRP as we know it, I still really think it has a cool concept and overall's just a cool fucking machine -- even if just a little silly.
A terminator SkyNET needed to make because the timeline was so fucked.

Timmy Derkman

Jun 21, 2019
Wasnt there timeline where skynet by its self worked fine but one dumbass with a cup o joe ends the world by spilling it on a keybord and skynet thinks its under attack and nukes the world?

A Blaze of Glory

Subtlety is overrated.
May 8, 2018
I want a timeline where Skynet loses the ground war so they only ever show up in giant ships in the sky and we get a TRP version of Guns of Icarus.

Also pirates because I miss Sea of Thieves.

Robe

some fucking pog fuck
Sep 30, 2012
my favorite timeline is the one where dalton ramos commits spousal abuse over a threatened divorce and is incarcerated for his crimes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)