The Thing RR (V2) - 12/20/2019

bennet

Roleplay Department Administrator
May 22, 2011

Well, it's time to revisit this RR again. The last one was fun, probably some of the most fun we've ever had in an event that really did not require a lot of effort to set up. I'm expecting much the same this time. I understand the set date might fall on a busy or inconvenient time so if need be we will reschedule but until I see the need for that, this is it. I'm using the exact same premise as last time because honestly it worked perfectly - the only thing about the event that was planned was finding The Thing, everything after was spontaneous and a result of random RP. I'm expecting the same this time and entirely different results. The only thing that may differ is that we do it on a different map, but that will be decided shortly.

BE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH FREE TIME TO ATTEND AND STAY. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE EVENT IT WILL MAKE THINGS DIFFICULT IF PEOPLE ONLY STAY ON FOR AN HOUR OR TWO.

START DATE - 20TH Of December
12/20/2019-12/21/2019

The year is 1982 and three countries have come together to form a scientific research program in an as of yet remote and undisclosed location in Greenland. The United States, Great Britain and Norway have each selected teams that will be working on polar and geological research, in the efforts of combining and sharing collected data. Greenland in the interests of boosting its economy at what it perceived to be no extra cost to itself has loaned out the requested piece of land for the combined expedition to use. In preparation for the expedition an old military base that had once operated in the location has been retrofitted and made inhabitable once again with efforts from all countries moving equipment, supplies and maintenance personnel there to assist the research teams.

The United States research team as well as the majority of maintenance staff are already on base and will have been for two weeks before they are joined by the GB and NORGE teams, giving them time to settle in before their colleagues and become comfortable already. In the interest of keeping all the teams on equal footing the maintenance staff including security have been provided by an independent but vetted third party, with professionals and workers being drawn from applicants of all nations.

-----OOC STUFF----

This is an event where people will die, not everyone will make it through, if any even do. We'll be doing our best to oversee shit and move stuff along where we can. If your character does die, you will likely be asked to leave the server. The population will dwindle as time goes on. Some will die in the cold, some will die due to the paranoia of others. Don't get mad at people. Just enjoy the event as it happens.

TEAM BRITAIN - Temperature Monitoring

Team Leader | Character | Player
Role | Character | Player
TEAM USA - Geology/Soil Samples

TEAM NORDIC - Wildlife Research

Maintenance covers security, janitors, cooks, pilots and medical staff.

MAINTENANCE

Respond with your interest if you would like to participate, role etc. Also I will be sitting down to watch The Thing with a few people before we do the RR. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send an invite, anyone can come. Date pending.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwi

dummy thicc combine assassin
HLNA Admin
Dec 10, 2015
Identity
She/Her
Nordic
Björk Vainio
Secretary/Analyst

Kiwi

Cindy

Roleplay Department Administrator
Nov 30, 2015
Identity
She/They
Technician | Greta Helland | Mox

Definitely down to rewatch the film.

e; Switched to Maintenance from Nordic to help balance things out.
e2; Now Maintenance is getting swamped, fk. Put me in either idc.

Last edited:

Sinclair

The Shaman
Feb 15, 2015
Maintenance

Janitor/Custodian | Mo Lingxin | Sinclair

also i might be interested in watching The Thing. never seen the movie and i dont feel like tryin to find it for free online

Foxicus

Zealot
Mar 6, 2018
Team USA

Geologist/Researcher | Penelope Peach | Foxicus

i will also be interested in watching The Thing pls

Chiss

Mar 18, 2018
Identity
She/Her
Team Nordic
Lovise Istal
Wildlife Biologist

i watched the thing when i was a tiny child, wouldnt mind seeing it again

Last edited:

snuggles

jimmy flanagan 1985
Sep 9, 2016
i changed my mind i just saw we can be pilots.

Jediciah von Adler | Pilot | Team Britain

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)