1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pit

Discussion in 'Playerbased Groups' started by redgreenblue, Jul 11, 2017.

1. redgreenblue

redgreenblue I am not a bot
    RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    "You heard about that club? The Pit, they call it."

"I haven't heard about anything like that. Sounds trashy. What is it?"

"You kidding? Everyone knows about it I thought, just about at least. It's not some big secret buddy but it's not something anyone wants to fuck up, you get me? You not heard them going on before?"

"Not really, no."

"Come on down, smoke a joint, have a drink, make a bet, get in the ring. They don't give a shit, but don't start trouble. You in?"

"Yeah, I'm in."

Anyone's welcome to the pit so long as you don't start trouble, and don't come showing colours.

Why would you risk that, it's here for your entertainment, this is just what the people want, right?

This semi-IC document is to help represent the gossip and rumours of this underground function. It sounds like it arranges quite a bit. Pit fights, card games, bets, even an illicit marketplace from time to time.

Take as much of this thread IC as gossip and rumours as you want, but please don't use it to shit on the idea, despite how much your character may have motivation and every reason to do so. I see very few other ways for this idea to function.

It's here to cater to all sides, CCA and rebels, and provide something interesting now and then. It can be impromptu if people turn up on their own, and if not there'll be pre-arranged functions that people just happen to "hear" about through this.

And yeah, you can contact me at just about any time to set something up you specifically want to see come out of this and I'll try make it happen.

The Cybercafe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 redgreenblue, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017 at 1:53 PM
  2. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    "Hey, buddy. Remember that club we checked out?"

"Yeah, place was pretty quiet. What was up with that?"

"Bad time, nobody was home, but there's somethin' goin' down in there tomorrow."

"Like what?"

"Heard about a cage fight. Sticking a guy in against a few crabs, bare-knuckle. Dude's fucking crazy."

"Shit, sounds good. Yeah man I'm already in."

"Great, see you there."

11th July, 2022, midnight (GMT). Be there or be square.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Little disclaimer, I don't want to burn out or overdo stuff, so the big stuff will only be once or twice a week at most. Still totally capable to do smaller time one on ones without a crowd or gambling, whatever.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    "Dude, you know that club you told me about? Shit went down, heard they all got shot up."

"Fuck you on about?"

"The club, I heard they got busted and taken down in that waiver last night."

"You fucking idiot, that wasn't them. That was some jackass with a shiv and a grenade. The club's not in in the business of killing cops."

"But won't the CCA keep up the pressure after that shit in the sewers?"

"Why would they? The guy they want's dead now, it's not a fucking movement, idiot. They got no reason to weed it out."

"Oh, okay."

"Don't believe everything you hear man, the club's still around. It'll be quiet for a few days though, you're right about there being too much heat for them for now."

• Winner Winner x 11
  5. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    HL2 Admin

United States

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    I'm gonna bump this now for some clarification.

Cathy Rae was not PK'd and she continues to run The Pit herself.

If anyone has something otherwise to say on the matter shoot me a PM, we'll clear it up, and if we get to another decision I'll re-PK her no questions asked. At this point i just want a clear 100% consensus because it's been back and forth back and forth for a few days with a lack of communication, I'd assumed it was already decided, and I wouldn't like to pump all my time into playing her just to be told otherwise, really, I'm sure you can understand that.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    "Hey, you need a job?"

"Not really, no."

"Shame."

"Why?"

"What? Oh, well it's just that the club was after staff and stock, thought maybe you'd be interested."

"Sound like you're bloody recruiting for them man."

"Well yeah, I work there now."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. popo

popo Zealot

United States
    this is the best thing to hit tnb since the global OOC filter

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    "Hey, tomorrow, midnight, fight night."

"Right, you mean like the last one? The one during the JW?"

"Hey hey, that wasn't anything they could control."

"I dunno man, you make a lot of promises but don't really deliver..."

"Look, dude, I promise this one's for real. Eighteenth of July, midnight, they've got something planned. For real."

"Right, fine. You better mean it this time."

Next fight night roughly midnight, tomorrow on the 18th. Will bump this thread when it's being prepped, show up whenever you want, it's an open night. The more show up sooner the sooner it gets going. Will run for a few hours.

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. adderall

adderall Legend

United States
    I WONDER HOW MANY COPS WILL GET THEMSELVES KILLED (BUT NOT REALLY, NO CONSEQUENCES!!) THIS TIME

BLUE LOIVES MATTUH

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Zing Zing x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Postponed indefinitely because Cathy died

jk, not really, it's in three-ish hours, turn up sooner if you want, or not, it's not a strictly defined thing

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    #11 redgreenblue, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  12. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Alright it'll be whenever people show up today starting now

13. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Somebody asked how I was gonna let them know this was on. I said I'd spam the fuck out of this thread.

Spam.

Now 'til later pals.

14. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    The Pit is done for the day, it was a shorter than expected night due to an unscheduled CCA event sapping a good portion of the usual crowd. There will be another one in the future, I'll be sure to get peopke who are better at telling people when it's on that it's on for that time.

On a side-note, if you are interested in helping to run this thing with me I'd love the help. It's absolutely too much for just me to handle and there is always a lot to be arranged every night. It's good fun and always worth it but far too much work for just me every time, and very difficult to keep everyone engaged consistently without it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    As Wednesday was a little bit of a flop I'm gonna quickly poll when people would like to see another venue and what you'd like in this one.

More fights? What type of fights? More variety? More involvement? Animals? Weapons? A new venue for the night?

Organised gambling night maybe? Blackjack? Poker? Jenn Lowry's Surprise Circle?

Black market stuff? Selling goods quietly in the back halfway through?

Relocating to somewhere more accessible maybe? What if I worked with whoever runs the Grotto and ran it underneath? Best of both worlds, and easier to locate, maybe making it possible to run quiet stuff more often.

Hiring staff? Helpers? Is there a specific niche role you'd wanna help with? IC or OOC? Many people want to be staff but then don't ask for a role, I can't tell you what you want to do, please tell me, you can do it. If there are enough people backing this I don't even need to be on to run it, I just need your support if you want to see this happen.

When, also, would people like me to host it next? I'd like to make it more regular for day-to-day stuff like trading, gambling, and spreading word. The big nights need to be a good time for everyone, so let me know, my work schedule is pretty fortunate for me every day except Saturday nights, and those are usually reserved for the real events others do anyway.

This will work best, I feel, with your input and support. This entire thing is for you so why not ask you directly. Go ahead and reply here, shoot me a forum PM, or contact me on Steam/Discord. Don't care how but get in touch, no idea is a bad idea, unless you're Snuggles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

"What the FUCK is going on 'ere?!"

"Shit shit shit, it was an accident, really!"

"Dennae give me that shit, what the fuck's goan on?!"

"I'll- I'll help, I'll put it out! I can put it out!"

"Aye yae fucken' will! Get fucken' movin' yae little shit!"

"Shit man! I didn't mean for it go go like this Cathy! I didn't mean it!"

What now for The Pit?

It's gone, burned to ash, there's no coming back from this for them.

Guess all things have to end eventu-

"Oi, prick. Get tae fuck o'er 'ere. We're sortin' you out."

"S-... sorting me out?"

"Aye, yae little fucken' rat. On the payroll, burn doon me fuckn' club, yae dennae fucken' think yae could get away wi' it did yae?"

"Cathy it's not what you think, I-"

"I dennae fucken' give tae shites what it is, get on the fucken' ground!"

"Cathy... Cathy please... it wasn't meant to go like this... they promised me-"

"Shut yae gob already. Lad, sort 'im out will yae?"

*CLICK*

[​IMG]

"Oh God, don't do this. Fuck- fuck, don't do this, please!"

"Shit man, you shouldn't have done it. I'm sorry buddy, really."

"Wai-"

[​IMG]

"That wasn't..."

"I know lad, he was a rat though, tried tae kill us all. Had tae do it."

"Yeah... yeah, I know. I just wish it wasn't like that."

"Always shite when it does happen, but maybe this place were too hot as it were."

"So... what're you gonna do?"

"Keep this shite goan, movin' around though. Less bother that way, people'll turn up when there's a show all the same."

"Alright... I'm coming with you though."

"'course yae fucken' are, wouldnae 'ave it nae other way. Le's get fucken' goan 'fore the bother rumbles us wi' this smoke. Need a new place tae set up in."

The Pit, coming soon to a new venue near you.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    "We're back, let people know, slap up a few notes. Dennae tell 'em where, they'll figure it out."

"Uh, sure. When?"

"Place'll be set up, one night only, Monday. Then we pack up and move tae the next district. Figure this'll have tae be how it goes now, keep us out of bother."

Holding something on Monday night, venue currently undecided. Will update when I do.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    I lied, I cannot do this tonight.

Severe motivation issues really, I hate running it on HL2 to be honest, I do not enjoy it.

This idea doesn't work on HL2, it doesn't suit my preferred way of roleplaying and that's a difficult hurdle to get over because I'm thoroughly miserable the entire time because of it. I might stop running this altogether until Tekka, because I can't stand it but I've done it in a Cyberpunk setting and it was really much more fun.

Plus I don't wanna make Cathy Rae solid and set in people's heads as one completely different thing when she was designed to be something else entirely.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. K33f3!

K33f3! Leave me alone

United States
    See you on Tekka.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wizard

Wizard Actually a wizard.
    Contributor

United States
    I swear to god if I don't see this in Tekka I'll hunt you down and force you to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. redgreenblue

RR Moderator

United Kingdom
    Under a new name and with a much much broader scope of stuff to offer, but yeah the plan was to come back @Wizard

Actually I'll go over my plans, because I really do have plans for this drafted up already and it'd be nice to actually just put them out there somewhere, even if it's not the most appropriate thread in the world for it right now.

Unless otherwise more creatively renamed, it's probably something on the lines of The Bloodsport Network. I've got some old Gunsmoke pictures when I ran an older more experimental version of a lot of these ideas and those will be put in spoiler tags just below, I may as well recycle them since it's all pretty much thematically fitting to Tekka, and probably remake them all when we get round to it.

This is what I used before, but I think it better shows how much more open things are that can actually be done in a less oppressive totalitarian setting. It's been difficult to run The Pit, but it was a really useful trial run, I was restricted in a lot of ways to keep it going, from advertisement, to location, and to being able to only do one or two things, probably the most useful part of it learning the best pace I can manage without burning myself down, all of which I can carry over.

A lot of this won't work out on-server, and a lot of it clashes with the lore even now, but it's really just demonstration of the first handful of my old images I grabbed and all of this is hugely subject to change as it's properly hashed out closer to launch. Ignore the obvious aliens, pretend they're mutants idk, these pics came from another server after all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course
    [​IMG]

Now maybe this wasn't the right place to talk about it but I don't have any proper lovely Tekka discussion and public planning boards available yet beyond the lore and development ones I didn't wanna fill with this shit. I'll make a thread detailing this properly with real assets far far closer to the launch date.

• Winner Winner x 2
  22. Wizard

Wizard Actually a wizard.
    Contributor

United States
    Did I tell you I love you yet. These look sick.