1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first time you ever played HL2RP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thimble, Oct 11, 2017.

1. blubaugh?

HL2 Admin

United States
    this dude fuckin name was alucard

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. gutshot

gutshot Senior Member

United States
    hatustries circa 2011-ish?? it was the birth of the idea of clarissa donaghy and she was awful and i didnt know how rp worked on gmod so i was kind of a minge
    the owner ended up interrogating her and shot her in the foot twice, stomach once, and finally a neck-shot bc he was edgy as shit.
    she should've stayed dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. adderall

HL2 Admin

United States
    I used to troll on Homestuck chatrooms and play a lot of darkrp. One day tnb had like 70 people on and I joined it and hit /votemayor. Lawrence painstakingly explained that this is Advanced playing pretend. 2015 sucked.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Eternal Tipper

Eternal Tipper Senior Member

United States
    I'm pretty sure TnB was the first server I went on but I didn't know much about RP at the time, the things I specifically remember was finding two rebels with a helmet less recruit when those were a thing and they both had guns aimed at him. I told them I was a rebel since I had a pipe script and mask from someone I met in outlands. I lost the pipe after throwing it at a scanner and it fell down into a pit.

5. Patriot

Patriot Zealot

United States
    First dose of RP was Halo 3 then GTA IV on the 360. Sometimes we'd literally give NPCs names and interact with them as if they understood what was going on.

From there I found homestuck and RP'd that HEAVILY from tumblr pms,Skype group chats and dedicated websites full of different chatrooms. This soon led me to GMOD as there were small cliques that RPd homestuck on gmod with some actually accurate player models.

I branched out, tried some misc RP servers(F:NV,WW2,Metro) I settled down in a community that was essentially glorified base wars and met @Nat Attack then one night bored off our asses we joined TnB.

And now I hang around this hell hole.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. FervensPb

FervensPb Legend

Joined TnB because of the name in 06 or 07. Got confused and left. Tried again the next day on Mine-Dog, where I RPed myself and abused the loan system to make 40k, which I hired people to launder.

My next character was named Phil Razor and he helped my other one legitimize the money I was making. He was the intermediary between me and the people laundering.

Eventually I worked out the point of RP and made my first real character, now known as Bishop.

I'm using those chaotic old days of RP to illustrate the confusion and haphazard nature of early Combine occupation, cherry picking plot points to make a cohesive narrative that doesn't suffer too much from Old Character Syndrome... but the stuff like mowing down Overwatch squads with a PPSh had to be toned down a little.

Just a little.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #46 FervensPb, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble diamond in the rough
    Contributor

United States
    i joined a base wars server once and it was actually fun

8. LKC6

LKC6 TnB's Favorite Baseball
    Contributor

United States
    Started out on some Combine control server, was never taught how to properly Roleplay outside of how to emote properly. Got bored of that, and then I found TnB.

Came into TnB not knowing what the fuck I was doing, so I made some old guy who carried a sword cane (mistake number one), was part of some illuminati-esque secret society that was hell bent on killing one of Scone's character (mistake number two). Poor ol Augustus got his head blow off, and then I proceeded to go make two cookie cutter characters that were just like him, but without the sword cane (Mistake number three). Then had the last one died from a tumor in his brain.

Took a long break to learn how to RP better, and then came back to TnB. Some claim I've gotten better. Some claim that I'm insane. But one thing has yet to change.

I STILL PLAY OLD WHITE GUYS

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Nat Attack

Nat Attack Legend

United States
    server in question

I actually joined before patriot. I got on once, made a forum account, then never played again for like a year.

10. justcallmeipod

United States
    Some shitty clockwork server. Only things I could say help figure out what one it was was that all ground units wore trench coats and had different colored mask portholes and varying amounts of suit LEDs depending on their rank and squad. (and i think the squads were biased on specialty, so like all the medics were in a squad, all the engineers in one, and so on.)

stopped playing after i let my character get involved with some terrorist shit, and by terrorist shit i mean leading a few units to a back alley so that a fella could launch a grenade at them. safe to say that was a PK.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Benji Dooble

Benji Dooble diamond in the rough
    Contributor

United States
    got on with a friend started a riot and mugged a cop for a beanbag shotty, then we ran to canals and an admin spawned cop npcs and we left i think? i got on a few weeks later and went to coast where @Pew gave me a broken mp7 for the shotgun

12. Pew

Pew wonga
    HL2 Admin RR Moderator

United States
    [​IMG]

e; in tandem to the thread though

[​IMG]

italy came from the iteration before this one and persisted through it and emerge in this one, which admittedly might not sound like much, but he was one of the five survivors from Operation Arctic Fire/Fox (whatever the name was)

[​IMG]

pictured: italy (post hl2rp) acella appleton (post hl2rp, now deceased) and richard barnes (post hl2rp, currently mia)

[​IMG]

i'll be honest and say that whatever was happening with toasts character is entirely hazy, but im pretty sure his character walked off after we threw him out of the bunker

[​IMG]

ending with this iteration, this picture was shortly before Italy, Hothead, Crenshaw, Rooster, Cassandra Grey, Lily Conden, Isaac and later Quinn among other characters names that I forget

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    #52 Pew, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  13. Nathan

Nathan Zealot secretly likes afrojack

United States
    I remember fuckin around on hl2rp back in 2009. Earliest memories were making a restaurant in the pizza place thing on rp_city 18. The canals were a magical place back then.
    I played hl2rp for two weeks before I tried the superior TRP on August 31st 2009. They were on gm_atomic the day I joined. I remember going through one of the doors and ending up at the gas station, where I met Fal0x's old character.

Good memories. Comforting to reminisce on the simpler times.

14. Rabid

HL2 Admin

This map looks dope. Don't suppose you remember what it is?

15. AlbinoGlowStick

AlbinoGlowStick CCA.C17-KOBRA.SqL.85900

United States
    Pretty sure thats a Brotherhood Bunker event map made by Rowtree using segments from mission improbable the mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. blooregardo

blooregardo padre gringo
    HL2 Admin

United States

saw this thread
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=568025

made a character named layne or some shit
    gordy harmony or somebody had this mobster/marriage broker character that hooked my character up with some irish chick
    irish mail order wife was taken into the nexus so layne tried to punch his way into the nexus to FIND WIFE

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. blubaugh?

HL2 Admin

United States
    my first characters were made while i was basically going through puberty so there was some Weird Shit i did

i think my shameful memories of that are why im so vanilla now

18. MrDeRPster

MrDeRPster Senior Member

United States
    i spent a couple hours downloading 5gb packs trying to get my game to stop looking like an lsd trip

never found out how to fix it and i gave up for about a year

19. Supersoup

Supersoup retard
    RR Moderator

Australia
    played spire and made a generic wastelander that few people remember and should not remember, but to summarise how he was i applied to have night vision eyes
    met a few people like nec and owain

after that died i hopped around for abit, got permabanned by steve for harassing bishop

years later i appealed and got unbanned and now im here

as unpopular as ever and yearning for death

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Gunnerstrip7

Gunnerstrip7 Warrior of Sunlight
    HL2 Admin

United States
    Joined Infusion Gaming around 7 years ago. Made a character, I got the basics of it but tried to punch a mutant creature that was being rped. Was lucky enough to have someone patient enough to explain what combat rp was and what rp was in general. Spent awhile fucking around there, made a new character that was my first 'real' character, a vault doctor who got expelled when the Outcasts took over the vault. RP'd him for awhile till I got bored and left.

I think my first foray into tnb was around the time I made this account, I rp'd for a little while and then left because I had no clue what I was doing and Tacoscript confused me. Spent most of my time on fallout rps and random HL2RPs. I dropped in on TnB every so often but I didn't get on the forums much, just sort of went with the flow. Until roughly two years ago when I rejoined tnb and played here basically all the time.

Still not sure if it was a good decision or not, but hey, it worked out.

21. JShab

JShab Senior Member

United States
    I remember just being told to stand guard while you talked to Scone, ready to ice you on command. Good times.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. LKC6

LKC6 TnB's Favorite Baseball
    Contributor

United States
    Which time was that???

23. justcallmeipod

United States
    i already talked about my first hl2rp experience but I might as well talk about my first TnB experience

First came on when a certain bird (@Nerdbird ) exposed me to this hellserver. made my first character and named him Kyle Watson, some of y'all may have seen him around idk. Dove in head first to some roleplay involving a character called Dawn Patterson and B block on i17. Ended up being held at knifepoint and thrown into the sewers. Shortly after that encounter I made a new character named Borya "Benny" Yolklov and wrote him to be a almost stereotypical Russian strongman with a soft spot so I could goof about and learn the ropes on while I re-wrote Watson's entire character and backstory.

Been memeing it up ever since

But real shit shoutout to nerdbird for showing me TnB, she's the best

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    #63 justcallmeipod, Oct 17, 2017 at 12:53 AM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 12:59 AM
  24. JShab

JShab Senior Member

United States
    Don't remember when exactly, years ago. It was when Gaff went by Joey instead and it was at tnb_coast at the lighthouse.

Wasn't told any details or anything, just something like 'Stand here and keep an eye on things.'

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Educated Avian

United States
    ipod's great i don't regret showing him tnb

and fix your spelling mistakes you dingus

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Sarcastic Pyro

United States
    i hopped on the server and made a character called 'gordon frohman'

i got banned for an hour and i complained but still came back after a week or so. i managed to become a cringe god really fast but i like to think that ive grown up a tiny bit since then